Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

6 ton hydraulic press

Nobody? Does that mean I should get the 12 ton press rather? :)

Who says I only hear what I want to hear...

I'd spend a little more and get the 10t version from Machine Mart or similar. That's powered by a proper ram rather then a bottle jack bolted into a frame.

Chris

Chris said:
I'd spend a little more and get the 10t version from Machine Mart or similar. That's powered by a proper ram rather then a bottle jack bolted into a frame.

Chris

Tempting, but double the price :think:

It's the one JW has. I'll say no more.

How much will you get for the cheap one when you come to sell it because you need the bigger one :think: :whistle:

CHris

I just had another look at the control arm and noticed that the bush sleeve has to be pressed to the outside of the control arm, so I wonder if the press "rod" will reach all the way through both arms of the control arm?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As a comment on 6 vs 12 tons:
Just changed the front wheel bearing of a Mondeo. 10 tons was not enough. Needed a few good whacks in addition to having the 10 t force from the press on.

uHu said:
10 tons was not enough. Needed a few good whacks in addition to having the 10 t force from the press on.
I have to do that sometimes, take a sledge hammer to the underside of the press platform to move things along :lol:

Although I do have a shop press, a controlled heat source can help move things along. Also a small shot of WD40 lubricant can do wonders, lubricated steel-steel surfaces have a drag coefficient thats only about 1/3 of non lubricated.

So for me its the combination of shop-press, heatgun and WD40. Also got a small oven with a decent sized door for heating bearings up to 120°C.

There are other physics possible than sledgehamer physics. :D

I would go 12t as when I did my bushes I was hanging off the end of the handle on our 20t press at work and the pressure gauge was well off the scale, it was LOUD when I got it moving.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back