8th & 9th Jan laning in Wales

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
On the saturday the route will start up by Happy Valley & co then down through the nant-y-moch area to camp somewhere for the night and then a few lanes in mid wales heading east on the sunday. Some will be camping on the friday night but you can also just meet us on saturday morning, exact RV to be determined but probably the co-op car park in Machynlleth about 9am.

4 cars per group please. If it needs more than one group then someone else will have to lead / navigate for that to happen and we could do with a reserve group leader as well this time ;)

group 1:
Jon
Karl
[strike:2650tpc1]Ben[/strike:2650tpc1]
?
[strike:2650tpc1]Reinhard[/strike:2650tpc1]
?

group 2:
Gav
[strike:2650tpc1]Adrian[/strike:2650tpc1]
Chris
Jonnie
Keith

on standby:
[strike:2650tpc1]Daniel911[/strike:2650tpc1]

I think i've got that order right, from the other thread, but a different destination so can the ? confirm if they still want to come to Wales now please. We can rejig the order if it turns out someone in group 1 is willing to lead a group.

im defiantly up for it! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok so we need [strike:2szoqtvw]Gav[/strike:2szoqtvw], Reinhard [strike:2szoqtvw]and Chris[/strike:2szoqtvw] to say if they're coming [strike:2szoqtvw]and group 2 needs a leader[/strike:2szoqtvw].

Thought I had. Early on, and yet I seem to be in the ill fated group two again!!!! :shock: :shock: 'Ticket for the Titanic II Sir, certainly, step this way. Perhaps best to put your life jacket on now might I suggest'

Hey Gav, your turn to brew up, matey.

C

That was if it was for the lakes Chris ;) so I'm just making sure the change of venue hasn't put you off. I've listed everyone in the order of responce sorry, maybe get Crispin to re-order the posts? :mrgreen:

Will there be snow Jon? Hope not. It was nice but scuppered the whole weekend.
Frankly the laning isn't my main interest. It's the stuff in between. Did I spend a fortune on fuel to get there, did we get to do one lane? Who cares. Did we have a cracking time? Hell yes. And that was the night before! As long as I am not at the sodding back again, I shall be there.

Tail end Charlie

I don't think there'll be more than the odd flake and probably not even that, just a bit of ice :mrgreen:

Damn. Ice, hopefully not on the corners Jon. Not on the corners, please not the corners again. Seriously, I nearly sh@t myself on that last one. You had to be there. You'd not be laughing if you had been behind the wheel looking down that drop!!

C

I think only where there are puddles or a stream Chris :) Your description is funny even if the event itself wasn't :lol:

I was following up and had steering issues all day. With the snow being packed so hard, there was little grip. I got to a corner with adverse camber and the cruiser just went straight on at about 10mph. There was no defined edge, just a drop. Every time I tried to move, it just went over the edge more and more. Gav was on an F1 charge at the front with no grip issues at all. I felt like Torville and bloomin Dean!

Chris

Sorry for dallying Jon - will let you know soonest...

oh ok, just checking you're paying attention :mrgreen: better get some decorating done or something sharpish ;)

Hi Jon/Chris, just to say there was still a fair bit of snow around on the highest parts of mid Wales yesterday, indeed we nearly turned back trying the pass heading west from the northern edge of Lake Vyrnwy but managed to punch through in the end. We were driving on untrodden snow on tarmac roads for a large part of the day.
I'm sure you'll be ok, we managed after all and got a really full days laning in :mrgreen:

Jim.

Jon Wildsmith said:
oh ok, just checking you're paying attention :mrgreen: better get some decorating done or something sharpish ;)
Indeed - I'm hoping a bit of fancy cheffin' tonight will help the cause... :pray:

better not tell Chris that Jim :lol: I'm guessing most of it will have been rained away by the time we get there but what I didn't mention was my forcasts are less reliable than the met office :mrgreen:

Back