Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

8th & 9th Jan laning in Wales

Jon Wildsmith said:
ok so we need Gav, Reinhard [strike:3dktong2]and Chris[/strike:3dktong2] to say if they're coming and group 2 needs a leader.

Hi Jon,

I don't know till next week if my LC will be fixed in time, so I am a maybe for now. If I do manage to get it fixed, I can lead a group.

cheers

Chris said:
Damn. Ice, hopefully not on the corners Jon. Not on the corners, please not the corners again. Seriously, I nearly sh@t myself on that last one. You had to be there. You'd not be laughing if you had been behind the wheel looking down that drop!!

C

That made me laugh :lol: :lol:

As for the drop chris it was nearly level :whistle:

Oh yes, Karl. Level, that was it. I remember now. They bit you were on WAS level. Quite right. Meanwhile I was s******g my pants. My heart hadn't stopped pounding from nearly reversing over the edge i the first 100 yards! And then I get that experience.

I rang Mr Lomas by the way after your text today. It wasn't actually me he was after.

Chris

All good fun. No damage!

Jon, What area are you hoping to finish in on the sun? Ive got a truck im dragging back from that area if i can tie it in. Its not far from ponterwyd where we will be camping. Thanks karl

Third group?

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We need more leaders, we only have one definate so far! ;)

karl wester said:
Jon, What area are you hoping to finish in on the sun? Ive got a truck im dragging back from that area if i can tie it in. Its not far from ponterwyd where we will be camping.
Well now you've said that I'll make it so we finish up around Rhayader instead of Kington ;)

Good point Jon. We might not all be going in any case! Gary have you got sat nave mapping know how stuff yet? Gav how did the satellite thing work out for you? I actually have a another one that I'd forgotten about. It's a Global Sat. I guess it's what you'd call a 'puck'. It used to work really well in my car feeding a HP 4150 palm thingy. Transferred via bluetooth so no wires needed.

Jon, any chance that I could run that to my Mac laptop with mapping on? I honestly don't have a clue about these things, but if it worked I guess I could lead a group. I have an old PC laptop that will grind into life if necessary that I can power from the inverter. Battery is dead.

I'm willing to try anything if it means that we get rolling.

Chris

EDIT _ I also have an iphone of course, could this be linked in?

Don't know what a Mac will do Chris. It's not a complicated route though if someone wants to give it a go. I don't have my paper map for that area at the moment till I get it back off Gav from last time.

Jon, I don't know what it takes to make all of this stuff work, but I have my HP pocket PC up and running and that will take an SD card with mapping on it. Complicated or not, having a co driver map reader is fine with a paper map, but not keen on driving and navving, especially.

C

you'd just need something like MemoryMap on your pocket PC and a GPS it can connect to and then I could send you a route to import and you follow the blue line :)

OK, how - where this Memory map thing. I would probably have to download via a Mac though.

Happy to anything a shot. Raining outside so not much else going on.

Chris

damn - just checked my diary and I'm a non-starter - my Intermediate Amateur radio course is on that weekend ....

Sorry Gary, can you repeat please. You're breaking up.

Sounded something like, I am a big girl and can't come out to play.

C :lol:

oi just because I'm nursing the steak pies and keeping an eye on the roast tatties right doesn't make me a bigger girl than some :lol:

Bit of a clash - can't be helped. In fact it looks like almost every weekend is stuffed u ntil we go in May :shock:

Downloaded Memory Map for the iphone and got a load of free detailed maps surrounding Ponterwyd. Looks pretty handy. I think I need more but have to pay. Now I don't mind for £10 or what ever, but don't really understand the package. It says I can download 750 sq kms of mapping but it doesn't include a license? Huh, can anyone shed a light on that. Do I get another load of maps and that it, nor more? or can I dump maps and replace them? There really doesn't seem to be much of an explanation.

Jon, can you then mail me a route to my iphone address which will open in memory map?

Chris

Chris said:
Jon, can you then mail me a route to my iphone address which will open in memory map?
I can email you a route and it should open on your iPhone assuming iPhone MM is the same as PC MM ... I don't actually have a route on the computer yet though, only in my head, so I'll have to convert it onto the PC first :) No good asking me for advice on MM because I don't use it on a PC or iPhone but I'm sure someone on here should know what to do for the maps.

Looks like I'm on for the trip chaps :) If needed, I'll step up to plate to help lead a group so long as I have the route mid week to sort maps etc. Sending from phone at mo...

Back