Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

8th & 9th Jan laning in Wales

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="karl wester":1lit9vb0]Jon, What area are you hoping to finish in on the sun? Ive got a truck im dragging back from that area if i can tie it in. Its not far from ponterwyd where we will be camping.
Well now you've said that I'll make it so we finish up around Rhayader instead of Kington ;)[/quote:1lit9vb0]

That will be great then thanks.

Are you camping the fri and sat night gav? And are we all camping at the car park that the crew did the other week?

Im loading memory maps up tonight and hopefully my gps thing will arrive this week so i can start to build some experience with it,so one day when im about 80 i may be able to lead a group without getting us lost.

karl

That's good Gav. Can you check on my paper map if it includes happy valley, can't remember if it goes up that far or not. Are you after digital or paper maps?

Will do Jon.

I think I will have the area on Multimaps but I don't know if I'll have the GPS running by the weekend... If I can get a fix on the route & print some stuff off before the weekend, I'll be cool.

If you have co-ordinates for the starts of each lane, my nuvi should handle that part of the exercise.

Are you planning a start from the north end of Happy Valley then dude?

karl wester said:
Are you camping the fri and sat night gav?
Whatever Jon is planning will have a bearing on this Kay Dubblyuh...

Group two - are you ready for this carnage?

stig2.jpg

Chris??

:lol:

Car park seems best for Friday night Karl, Strata would be nice but it's a much longer drive up to Macynlleth in the morning whereas it's only about 30 mins from the car park plus we can look for Warren's knife, you never know. Once went back for a camera someone lost on Strata and found it :)

The plan for saturday morning is to meet at Macynlleth at 9am although that's group 1, group 2 should leave later so could arrive a bit later if you don't need anything off me. Head west and do the couple of lanes that lead to the valley called Happy Valley, then run round to Bryncrug and come back south east on the lane aka Happy Valley. Back to Mac, detour south east a bit to the view point then back round and down through the lanes round nant-y-moch then either back to the car park or down to Strata depending on time and preference. Sunday is run along Strata, then a few on the way up to Rhayader and the one to the dam then see how the time is for any more.

All of it should be pretty familiar to you Gav :thumbup:

If Gav is leading group 2 then I need to swap someone from group 2 into his place in group 1.

That will work great for me then thanks jon.

What time will you be getting to the camp site for?

Whos a defo for the friday night camp as well as the sat then? Strata camp sounds good for the sat. Gav you will have to make sure you remind me to bring some wood this time :whistle:

karl :thumbup:

I'm a defo fri & sat :D eta between 6pm & 8pm ish fri depending on work load.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Place in group one, eh?

I should be camping on Friday. We'll never recapture the essence of the last camp, and I'm not sure that we could identify exactly the same sheep anyway. Cough.
Gav, bring your storm kettle this time. I need the room.

That camp site was awesome. Looking forward to it. Anyone got a guitar?

Chris

Got your co-ordinates thanks Jon - let me have a squizz at them tomorrow before letting our group becoming group one... No way am I inheritting the poisonned chalice of leading group two!!!!! :lol:

Jon, seriously I am happy in either group. Just managing to do a lane or two after last month's aborted attempt will be nice given the cost of getting there! But it's the weekend that I enjoy, not just the laning and the last one was a complete blast. However, I think I have done my turn shutting the gates and being abandoned to die? :whistle:

Jonnie, put your damn keys on some string this time! :roll:

Chris

Just rang Brwich nant yr arian (red kite centre) and they have my keys! And they are posting them back to me for free. Very nice lady, I have sent them a donation, she must be bored there as I could not get her off the phone!
I wonder if the imob will still work...

result!!!

Jon and others - sorry fellas gonna have to cancel out on this weekend. :(

Was looking forward to meeting you all.

Your locking should still work jonnie,but if you want it as it was you will have to put the transponder back on the pump and use that other key thing as well. Personally i think that needs to come off. Asking for trouble in my opinion as with all sercurity bits of kit.
karl

Going to get rid of it Karl, only problem is I now have one day left(tomorrow) to preform this electrical transformation before I need to drive it again. Its not looking promising

adrianr said:
result!!!

Jon and others - sorry fellas gonna have to cancel out on this weekend. :(

Was looking forward to meeting you all.
Ok Adrian, maybe next time.

spackrackman said:
Just rang Brwich nant yr arian (red kite centre) and they have my keys! And they are posting them back to me for free. Very nice lady, I have sent them a donation, she must be bored there as I could not get her off the phone!
I wonder if the imob will still work...
We'll be passing there this weekend, you could call in and buy her a cup of very expensive tea :mrgreen:

Ciao tutti

I've had a looksee over the routes etc Jon & yes, most of the route seems familiar so I am happy to give leading a punt if folk are happy to follow me :shock:

I'll drop you a pm with a few questions I have.

Looking forward to it :cool:

Are you camping both nights then Gav or still coming down on the sat morning?

I was leaning towards being a Saturday slacker...

But now I'm getting more excited, a two nighter might be the way forward!!!

Back