Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrian Flux

Cheers Crispin, I'll rng them tomorrow.

it is nice to see that insurance companies in the UK are also as crooked as those in Canada.
When the governments made insurance madatory then they gave free reign to increasing premiums with no basis to do so. the insurance companies also mandate to the government what safety features are required, the government then forces the vehicle manufacturer to install these safety features and the enforcement agencies to fine those that do not submit to these regulations.
The insurance companies are not in the business to make us safer, they are in business to make money.

it really is that simple.

Crushers said:
it is nice to see that insurance companies in the UK are also as crooked as those in Canada.
When the governments made insurance madatory then they gave free reign to increasing premiums with no basis to do so. the insurance companies also mandate to the government what safety features are required, the government then forces the vehicle manufacturer to install these safety features and the enforcement agencies to fine those that do not submit to these regulations.
The insurance companies are not in the business to make us safer, they are in business to make money.

it really is that simple.

its a complete bloody con Wayne. :thumbdown:

entered my details on a price comparison site this morning, which through up loads of results for £2500+. :shock:

then today my phone was red hot with calls from insurance companies, which i guessed it would be.

they all asked me what my best quote so far was, and i told them £1700, which i feel is a complete rip off. i told them that im willing to pay £1000 maximum and not a penny more, they all said theyd see what they could do, and call me back...............

no one called me back. :?

been doing some searching and it appears that weekend ONLY car insurance isnt available in the UK. :thumbdown:

i did think i could keep it taxed, at an expense of £200+ per year, and then just insure it for the odd weekend here of there. but i cant do that due to the DVLA's latests con of vehicles having to be insured if there taxed! :thumbdown: :angry-banghead:

so it really is looking like i will be taking it off the road. :thumbdown:

i could easily afford the £1700 that they want, but i dont think i can allow myself to be ripped off like that, so i think i will take it off the road. runs out a week today. :cry:

Ben, I did a search for weekend only car insurance on google and came up with this
http://onedaycarinsure.co.uk/Weekend-Car-Insurance/
I haven't looked into it thoroughly yet but it looks promising, I don't know if it is for just one weekend or if they will do a whole year of weekends, but if they'll do one I can't see why they would not do more. :think:

Just had my renewal from Flux come through (second renewal on this LC) - 42yo male proposer, £4000 claim 2 years ago, no points, 1 other with driver no accidents, no points, ave miles Class 1 business use, mods declared ........

£918!!!!! up £130 on last year with a change of address to a lower risk area!

Gave them a call and got it down to £758 just by asking (that really annoys....)

Finally after the usual endless phone calls gone with NFU (after a 2 year break) at £650ish.

Something has got to be done about the con. Only 6 pts and a £400 fine for no insurance almost makes it worth the risk. :twisted:

I have had some dull time at work recently and worked out that about 16pence per litre (at my milage - it could vary, obviously) would give a minimal third party insurance (legal minimum) so that no-one can be uninsured. You could top up with comp etc with the insurance companies at market value - or not bother. All could be 'contracted out' or kept in house as MIB/Civil service con.

No uninsured drivers, no collection issues, more milage= greater risk=high premium, less initial/annual outlay, no ridiculous APR charges on spreading the cost, no way of avoiding, stops us being fleeced by 'market forces' in the blatantly criminally fraudulent insurance industry An all round winner! :clap:

Chas, give Graham Sykes a call. my previous best quote was from flux, and theyve beaten it by £500! :shock:

im not sure if it makes a difference, but ive found all the insurance companies ive spoken to always ask if youve had any other quotes and if so how much.

ive found its better to answer no to this question. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ben said:
Chas, give Graham Sykes a call. my previous best quote was from flux, and theyve beaten it by £500! :shock: im not sure if it makes a difference, but ive found all the insurance companies ive spoken to always ask if youve had any other quotes and if so how much. ive found its better to answer no to this question. :thumbup:
Thanks for the heads up Ben :thumbup: but I'm sort of resigned to keeping it SORN for a while as I've got other wheels now and it won't be my daily drive, but I will keep Graham Sykes in mind when I do come to re-insure it, and I never let on I've had other quotes

Thanks Ben,

After being messed around by NFU calling and not offering the cover requested I cancelled them and got a quote from Graham Sykes. Nearly £500 less than the original Flux renewal! With all the cover I need too!

Thanks again.

thats great news Dave. :clap:

i wonder why there so much cheaper than everyone else. :think:

ben said:
i wonder why there so much cheaper than everyone else. :think:

Has anyone insured with them needed to make a claim? What their CS like when you're on the "other" end?

I need to give GS a ring too this week - see what they can do for me :thumbup:

well they beat my flux quote, which was previously my best quote by £1000! :shock:

id called a lot of insurance companies before that, and spent a lot fo time putting my details into price comparison websites. :)

i got my documents through the other day, and theyve requested things that ive never had to provide an insurance company with before. not sure if its GS or the underwriter.

they wanted photocopies of both sides of my photo card driving license and paper part, they wanted my work address and contact number. (maybe to see if im likely to stick to my 1000mile a year limit or not, if im commuting in the truck, lucky for me work is less than 2miles away.)
they also asked for the names of all previous insurance companies, and the policy numbers. so ive given them the details for the last policy. :?

The copies of licences is fairly common these days dude...

When I reinsured the mo'bike recently, I had to provide proof of the cost of my claim re a clash with a petrol pump... I'd never found out how much it cost before... Gosh!!! :shock:

Just got my renewal through from Flux. bearing in mind my 1st truck caught fire and was destroyed, £873 is hardly surprising. However not as bad as I had feared. It's good starting point for negotiation I think. Anywhere around £700 would be tolerable I suppose, but less would be desirable.

Having a truck catch fire doesn't in my view may the driver a higher insurance risk. Crashing, sure - maybe so. But having a vehicle crushed in a building collapse doesn't make it any more or less likely to happen again does it. Premiums should not be heavily loaded in cases like that, but as we all know that's not how it works.

Flux were good in the claim process but Red Star who I am insured with were siht. I would prefer not to be with them again. The claims handler was a complete tawt in every way possible.

Chris

Chris try graham sykes insurance, as I have read a lot of good things about them on LR forums of late.

Paul

Chris said:
Just got my renewal through from Flux. bearing in mind my 1st truck caught fire and was destroyed, £873 is hardly surprising. However not as bad as I had feared. It's good starting point for negotiation I think. Anywhere around £700 would be tolerable I suppose, but less would be desirable.
What did the fire do to your no claims bonus Chris? I've not checked the small print on my policy to see if 'protected' ncb would survive a fire or other total loss :think: I bet they can do better than that if you tell them you got a better quote elsewhere ;) I phoned them before renewal time and said 'I've heard you put your prices up a lot this year so thought I'd get a quote early so I have time to change insurers' and I now think £672 with Gav as a named driver was even cheaper than I thought at the time :)

John, not had the detail through yet - just an auto renewal notice. I will have lost all my no claims I'd think. I only had a year from memory. Having driven Co cars all these years, I started with no 'no claims' when I got Lil Blue. I actually got a bit swizzed with that too as they gave me discount in lieu of NCB.

Don't worry I shall be trying all the people mentioned on here so far. Some aren't taking new business so I understand, but we shall give them all ago. Red Star DID pay out and paid out quickly. Fire was on the 3rd March and I was in another 80 before the end of the month. John Lewis house insurance from Greenbee were also excellent on the vehicle content that was not car related.

Chris

I think the message I'm getting is add me as a named driver to all your policies... :whistle:

Popped an e-mail to Adrian Flux yesterday re adding the Sahara bumper and TDS Goldfish winch to my list of modifications - just received an e-mail back. All done and dusted, no extra premium. Thank you for letting them know ....

I like that!

I called them yesterday. Told them I want to see about reducing the quote. I mentioned other insurers. I did say that I had not had quotes back yet. I can simply make up a figure. They said if I get a cheaper quote come back and they do something but not until. I said that if I got a cheaper quote I would go with it. Why would I come back? if you could do something then, then do it now.

They said fair enough. Consider us next time you are looking. End of conversation - good bye.

Chris

Back