Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any thoughts on laboured starting

Just slightly off topic Chris but to do with returned goods, warranties etc. I bought a 6 1/2 year old 100 with 12 months warranty. I found the rear locker wasn't working and in my stupidity took it apart whereupon it crumbled into a trillion corroded pieces. Then I thought about the warranty and took the locker to Mr T on the off chance. The next day they gave me a brand new one. Now that is no quibble. My claim was accepted and was clearly relating to fair wear and tear, pre existing damage etc but they still replaced.

Let us know if you have the same experience with Milners.

Sale of goods act states that a good should last a reasonable length of time. Well lets say 3 years for a starter motor.
Goods should also be fit for purpose. Well 4x4's go off road don't they and in crud.

I found Milners a third rate product supplier and a third rate customer satisfier. I perhaps come from a generation when things were done more above board.

Frank

Frank, I have mailed Milners. Now I do like Milners because I like Carl and he gives me a really good, helpful service. They are round the corner and great for getting me out of a fix. They also now stock quite a few bits that they didn't previously do, because I have asked for them. More and more and more are gen Toyota too at good prices. But. And it's a BUT bigger than Beyonce's Carl does not run the business. he only works there and their customer service in that respect is very very poor. Buy a part that doesn't fit, take it back, no issue. Have a problem WITH a part and they simply are not interested. I have had starters let me down and an alternator that was brand new which boiled my new batteries. So I buy in a very circumspect manner.

Carl listens and in some case actually does the parts buying. But if you ever go to their place you'll see just how many Jap parts they have and for so many vehicles. Sure every part should be sacred but it's not. It's a parts warehouse. Much is bought by people to fix up and flog. We are some of his most discerning customers we want decent parts which is a little unusual.

It's all to a price I guess. i am not a slave to them by any means but I am lucky to have them on my door step. I was in the ramps having tracking done when they snapped a track rod. They lent me a car and in under 30 mins I was back with a new one. Try that in Central London!

I bought an alternator off milner and when it died 6 months later they sent me another one straight out and arranged for the faulty one to be collected a few days later.

Maybe I was lucky, but my personal experience with milner was very good. :clap:

:icon-cry:

I don't have a "Milner" nor an equivalent.

All your complaints and praises are understood, but Chris nailed it to some extent, they are there and on his doorstep. Try living without the option. Mr T is expensive, no other choice for me.
:icon-cry:

:violin: :lol:

Not sure weather you have explored the possibility mate but could it be coming in up through the breather pipe.:whistle:

Could be Chris. I was rather thinking it just perhaps need a pint of oil in there

Back at 'cha :icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes::icon-rolleyes:

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back