Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone still importing JDM Land Cruiser 80's?

br1anuk

Anyone still importing JDM Land Cruiser 80's?

As the title says there seems to be lots of videos of LC80 JDM on youtube, but is there anyone still importing them into the UK?
Went to look at a low mileage 80 yesterday and the body was really nice then I looked underneath!!!!
I need one with F and R lockers.
Thanks
Brian.

My dad is currently signed up to a importer who is searching Japan.
I haven’t seen a JDM truck with front and rear lockers though.

For front and rear lockers on a 24V import you have to have a "Snow edition" model . I know cos I have one.
Hope this helps. I think most JDM imports just have an LSD in the back axle. For real world driving this is enough help you will need.

For front and rear lockers on a 24V import you have to have a "Snow edition" model . I know cos I have one.
Hope this helps. I think most JDM imports just have an LSD in the back axle. For real world driving this is enough help you will need.
I have a 12v import with factory lockers. Same as the truck in the video. Same colour but not condition !! No rust just dents. My 24 v import cdl with limited slip rear. Thats just my road truck and baby carrier so no problem. Would recommend a 24 v auto highly.

Last edited:

Have a 1991 JDM with lockers here in blue. Doesnt seem to be a 'special' just a VX, but cloth trim.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It isn't uncommon to find 12V JDM's with lockers, the majority have fridges too. Like Gav, I'd recommend the 24V version. It comes down to whats important to you, 12V/24v and 2xlockers/LSD axle.

He not bothered about lockers as he doesn’t go off-road.
But it must be a 24v Manuel so that’s narrowed it down a lot.

Ive imported a few other (performance) cars from Japan. When I was on the hunt for a clean 80 it was the first place I looked. However, as mentioned not many come with F+R lockers. Moreover, there are occasions when the seller fits the dash switch for F+R lockers but not the lockers. So you can see what they are trying to do there! Also, it is difficult to assess for any rust or corrosion by the auction sheet and the inspector doesnt have the time to go over it with a fine toothcombe.

Plus the landed prices would be way more than you would pay for a tidy 80 over here.

Back