Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Best deal on 80 batteries at the moment Oct 2013

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Hi chaps, anyone got any particularly good leads on batteries at present? Want a left and right proper fit. Milner have Yuasa for £180 per pair collected - 10 mins round the corner. I know about Manbatt who do mobile I think. Not tried main dealer yet. Obviously someone down in Cardiff who owns a small corner car parts store isn't exactly what I am looking for yah get me?

Done a CTEK on these at the moment and they check out OK but they are sitting on blocks of wood and aren't secure. It starts fine, but random batteries wobbling around under the bonnet drives me insane.

Going to stick with standard branded batteries I think. Not going with super special Optimas or something.

Chris

I got Bosch batteries (for Oiley) from Euro Carparts last time I bought Chris & they seemed well priced - might be worth a looksee on their website...

Last batteries I fitted to Muxley were Yuasa & they have lasted well despite being stood sat for the last couple of years - just trying to resurrect one of them at the moment but IIRC, they weren't as much as £180 when I got them...

Let us know what you find as I may require one!!!

Cheers Gav. Not sure we have Euro Car parts, but I shall look 'em up. We have a very big car parts warehouse up the road. They supply all of the shops in the area. They're pretty darn good so I shall try them too. Will let y'all know.

C

Well Milner looking best deal at present. Although local Motor factor can do me some of these Banner batteries, but the high power ones not the std, with a 4 year guarantee for £80 each plus vodka and tonic The Yuasa ones are good, I have had 4 of these but sometimes we do question Milner returns and whatnot. I know for sure that if I went back to PCS in 3 years and 11 months, I'd walk out with a new battery no argument. So for an extra £14 it might be worth it. Still looking. Oh tried Toyota. Nope. No deal there. One was £94 and the other £109 and they weren't even sure if they were the right ones, but he could do me a deal on three. One would be completely different though and might come in handy for another car if I had one needing a battery. Seriously I can't make stuff up that's this good.

Yuasa stuff's normally good. Been abusing their batteries on 2-wheeled kit for many years now, and they keep on ticking.

Eurocarparts and gsf tend to do deals on batteries every couple of months so worth a look. Agree that Yuasa batteries are worth getting if you can.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
South Yorkshire Batteries in Sheffield.

Too late. Spent £300 in Milners today including new batteries. Just needed to get it done. Off to Scotland on Friday and I would like to take the cruiser. Batteries were fine as they were but they offended me sitting there on planks. Pretty much been through it now, end to end other than inside the axles. Front diff oil level was nearly up to the mark so not losing any and it looked pretty clean too so not contaminated with grease. Need to strip props as they look as though the slip yokes have been over filled. Getting a little bit of shunt I think when on and of the power, or a bit of something at any rate. Will dig down into that another time. Still staggered by how it pulls Mr Lomas.

Yes it just seemed to romp up hills with very little effort. I'm glad your'e pleased with it Chris as I didn't really have any time to go through it end to end but I Knew fundamentally it was better than average.

Andy

Well, my Yuasa took a charge overnight so its back in & Muxley lives!!!

:text-yeahthat:

Taking him for a quick spin around the block to check he moved was quite a different experience to the same trip in Oiley :lol:

Back to the batteries now though :oops:

Bit late for you Chris but I screengrabbed this just for you :icon-razz:

Capture.JPG

Back