Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Elecronic Diesel Tuning Devices

Been away down at devon the past week, back friday so will try then! Can't promise anything though, I want to do a good guide for you all

I've give up reading about this stuff Beau i'm just gonna follow your instructions and hope for the best !

An old stainless steel sink will give me a thick enough plate to block off the EGR won't it ?

Shayne that'll be fine. we used o do Shoguns with bits of old coke cans.

Cheers Chris i wasn't worried about pressure but heat , surely a coke tin would disintegrate in no time with the heat ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We did use 2 layer s. Goid fo 50k miles at least.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

where does the time go...You guys are gonna have to have some patience with me over the weekend and next week whilst I find some time!

Been itching all weekend to block my EGR off but the rain just won't stop , i ended up getting a smashed up old stainless steel tea urn from the local amenity site to make the blanking plate with . Ones mans rubbish is another mans gold .

How the hell did you get the bottom nut on the pipe undone Beau i've been fighting for an hour with it and i just can't get a grip of the spanner with anything more than my finger tips .
egr001_zpsa099d809.jpg

It's awkward but doable from below, just need strong fingertips to crack it.

Tried every which way but as soon as i apply a bit of force the spanner just slips off . I have been spraying penetrating oil on these nuts for 3 days but the noise the top nut made when i loosened it made me think for a second i had snapped the stud . They are on tight ! .

Last edited:
Try a 6-sided hex spanner?
Can you get a 1/4" drive socket over the bolt?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Could be down to the spanner, a decent spanner can make a world of difference, I've done 2 this way and like I said they're tight and awkward but certainly doable.

i blocked the vaccum pipe that operates the egr valve. no blood in that job.
stu

IIRC a 12mm ring ratchet spanner is what you need in there Shayne. Also available in silver :whistle:

Oh of course, once you've got it cracked a ratchet spanner makes it a doddle, should be a 5/10min job normally.

Oh and as said above just blocking the vacuum pipe is enough to do the job, although it could be worth cleaning the valve before blocking to make sure it's closing properly.

Last edited:
Only just seen the photo, give up on that bolt before you round it and get a metrinch spanner.

I was thinking you meant a different bolt, that one is a real pain.

Back