Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green laning

An hour? I wish. I can only dream of being as fast as you Karl. :cool:

Took me all day. Not got a thing done for thinking about it.

C

Chris said:
Looks like I have had my ass stamped for the 11th. Sorry that should have read had my pass stamped. :D

Chris

Ha ha ha Nice one Chris.

By the way did you go and have a look at those Simex copies....the Silverstone tyres or whatever they called? Looking for some more aggressive tyres in 35" myself

That post was for gob poo cris not you!

great to here your coming though :thumbup:

Looking forward to seing some big rubber :thumbup:

Going tomorrow Keith. Will report back.

whoo the hell's gob poo cris?

Chris.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nearly spilled my wine then!

C

Time this thread had a 'bump'. Are we going to talk about planning for this trip yet? I have a green light. Not sure if I can make a meet Friday night though. Mrs Chris is going out on the lash, I understand. So one sip of weak ale and 30 seconds later she'll be completely incoherent.

Not looking forward to many tar miles with these tyres though. They seem to go where they want not where I steer.

C

Chris, i made a suggestion but no one has given me any feedback on what they want to do. :?

ben said:
we are praying for rain Karl, but i find its difficult to judge the height the rivers will be at after/during rain.
some of the bigger river crossing end up being 7 or 8ft deep and very fast flowing, so cant be driven.

id like to have the rivers about 5ft deep. that would be about a quarter of the way up my windscreen. :twisted:

but dont worry i doubt they will be anywhere near that. :lol: and theres usally roads with bridges near by, so there easily avoidable. :thumbup:

regarding whether to go to wales or not. there are enough decent lanes in shropshire for me to do an entire weekend of shropshire laning, if that would be preferable?

if we did stay in shropshire it would cost us all a bit less in fuel. :thumbup:

im out this weekend, so will give me chance to check a few new lanes out. i also want to try driving this new lane that ive opened up, but uphill this time. :thumbup:

im going to have to get my maps out and put a route together, and try and think of a decent camp spot. :thumbup:

im out laning again this weekend so can try and find a decent camp spot. :thumbup:

Think everyone was quite flexeble to be honest. Chris didnt fancy wales. So i think all meet at a location sat morning earlyish where ben tells us. do some lanes :thumbup: rough camp sat night,drink,laugh,food.

Up sun morn,food chat and get some more lanes done????

Sound good? Me thinks so :D

karl webster said:
Think everyone was quite flexeble to be honest. Chris didnt fancy wales. So i think all meet at a location sat morning earlyish where ben tells us. do some lanes :thumbup: rough camp sat night,drink,laugh,food.

Up sun morn,food chat and get some more lanes done????

Sound good? Me thinks so :D

Sounds like my kind of plan... :thumbup:

As long as we get dirty laning i'll be happy.

Can we make an open fire when wild camping.... :pray:

Wales is fine, but on a budget it's burning more fuel when there seem to be oodles of lanes around the Shire.

But there are more people to satisfy than me. I can always have my brekkie than poddle off home on Sun if the rest of the convoy wanted to snake into Druid country. Fire sounds tops.

Still not sure whether to come on these mental new tyres or just put some sensible shoes on for the day.

Chris

You brought the dam tyres for that type of thing chris. My guess is you will love them once in the muddy stuff :thumbup:

If theres plenty of lannes round shropshire im happy for that, As ryan said lets get muddy.

Question is buddy, can I get to Shropshire off road all the way or will I have to drive on tarmac at some point? Wait til you have a go in it and you'll see why I am reticent. I may know the way, but my tyres have other ideas. I've been to Kent once already and I think that this is where I may end up even though I'm turning the wheel to the right. I'd love Clarkeson to drive it. He'd be shouting

"Where are you going, you stupid car?"

Truth is Karl I bought them for extreme mud, not laning really. But I'll bring them along for the laugh factor.

Chris

Chris,

I think we could give it a go. I think we could do mud all the way :D

As for how they are on the road i know they arnt great. Got that set myself and hated them when on the road.

I have now decided that going for a more aggressive tyre is a good choice. I think we have to put up with the horrible road manors :thumbdown:

Shame they dont do something That is a mud plugger but good on road.

You have got to bring them mate :thumbup:

right then................................................

im going to have to go through my maps and make a final decision on the route, but ive got one in mind. just need to find a suitable place to camp, although i think ive got the perfect wood land location in mind. :thumbup:

a fire is a must, and i will bring some wood from work. fitting floor joists tomorrow so should have plenty of off cuts. :thumbup:

Chris i think those tyres are totally unsuitable for you and you shouldnt have bought them....................................i tell you what, i will take them off your hands. :lol:

but seriously keep them on, on some of the very muddy lanes, they will come into there own, as Gav found out. :thumbup:

how does 9am suite every one @ TF1 2DE ? :?: can make it earlier/later if youd rather?

Back