Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is anyone running 255/85/16 M/T's on a 90 then........

There really is nothing to see. The cones go inside the springs (worth doing in my view as it dampens the metal to metal contact that you have on a SWB) And the spacers sit inside the trumpet. They are stackable so you can put more than one in. But as they are up inside the spring seating, you can't see anything much
IMGP4027-1.jpg

Here is the clearance that it gave. Man that's a good looking rock slider.
IMGP3437.jpg

Chris

Thanks for the link KZ' :thumbup: Very interesting & frustrating @ the same time :p

I now wish I could speak the lingo so I no what they are saying :cry: :)

sae70 said:
Spoke with Paul @ West Coast 4x4 today :) What a very pleasant chap :)

Ended up ordering an Ironman 2" kit :D But he's currently out of stock & it's a 6 to 8 week delivery :doh: Oh well good things come to those who wait :) Not all is lost though while on the phone I also ordered a snorkel that should be with me the middle of next week :D

:)

+ 1 from me very nice chap but i am more impatient than most as i dont want to wait 8 weeks ;) he also told me that the ironman kit gave a 40mil lift which is only 1 and a half inches on my measure :?
anyway never thought to ask about a snorkel what price where you quoted :think:

he also told me that the ironman kit gave a 40mil lift which is only 1 and a half inches on my measure
I'm sure that I've read other peeps threads of the Ironman lift giving a true 50mm+ lift but maybe thats with the 'C' rated springs that people seem to bin off fairly quickly for the 'B' rated springs :) Only time will tell :) I got under Fiery today & Plus Gased all the nuts & bolts in preperation for the big day :thumbup: :D

anyway never thought to ask about a snorkel what price where you quoted
I'm affraid I have absolutely no idea :oops: :) I just asked for a snorkel, gave my card details & the snorkel arrived :oops: To be fair I've only bought one because it made my sons day that we are going to have a snorkel & there's nought more important than that :D I shouldn't think I'll ever put myself in a situation that I think 'bloody good job I had that snorkel fitted' :lol: ;) Oh & there's the other reason for fitting a snorkel of course.....The Look :thumbup:

I do need to speak with Paul as he's sourcing an ARB receiver hitch for me, so I'll ask him what I paid for the snorkel for you :)

Though I guess it'll be nice to know that should I ever miss judge the depth all that will happen is this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1T7j_PI ... =1&index=6

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So my Ironman SL will be landing in the UK some time the second week in September :| But I've the opertunity to buy my tyres now & I'm wondering what we think about fitting them in the short term with no BL or SL :?: That the 255/85/16 BFG's as my m8 also wants to replace his current tyres with the same so we have the ability to be going to our local tyre dealer & asking for their best price for ten :!: :D

So what do we think Fit or Not Fit :?:

Is the question will they fit into the wheel arches or should it be "will they rub under articulation"? Probably yes to the former, almost certainly yes to the latter.

Andrew Prince said:
Is the question will they fit into the wheel arches or should it be "will they rub under articulation"? Probably yes to the former, almost certainly yes to the latter.
:think: :think: :think:

It would only be for 8 weeks or so just untill the SL arrives :think: I could completely remove the front mud guards till then I suspose :think: So what do we think then :?: I'm sure I've read of someone else running 285's on an unmoded Collie for a short time :think:

Had a phone call from WestCoast yesterday & Fiery's Ironman suspension lift has arrived from Oz & will be dispatched out to me today :D I also poped into my local tyre dealers & he has good availability on the KM2's & can get them in next day :thumbup:

sae70 said:
Had a phone call from WestCoast yesterday & Fiery's Ironman suspension lift has arrived from Oz & will be dispatched out to me today :D I also poped into my local tyre dealers & he has good availability on the KM2's & can get them in next day :thumbup:

I never recieved a call just 3 parcels full off supension ;) from the delivery chap yesterday woohoo finally i can do something other than driveing.

smokyjoe said:
sae70 said:

I never recieved a call just 3 parcels full off supension ;) from the delivery chap yesterday woohoo finally i can do something other than driveing.
Mine came today aswell :thumbup: But I wasn't in :( So it's coming again tomorrow :D :p

TonyP said:
Best you get fitting :thumbup:
All in good time :) It's been 12 weeks & six days since I ordered it to it landing on my front door mat so another couple of weeks want mind surely :D

Mmmmm......what to do :?: :? I should be calling Supertyres this morning & ordering my 255/85/16 KM's but I've started to get cold feet again but this time not over the tyres or even their size (skinny) but now it's over wheel spacers :o :roll: :) Just before I was off to bed last night I did a quick search on here for wheel spacers & found alot of strong feelings with regards to the fitment of them or not :| You see I was just going to fit 'em as advised by Paul @ West Coast & Chris on here but if I don't have to I shant :) Matt (24Seven) is running the 255's without wheel spacers & from what I've seen of his truck in photos it looks sweet :mrgreen: Big clean Green is running wheel spacers, Jon Wildsmith is running 20mm spacers, Chris use to run spacers on Lil-Blue not sure if you are now :?: Dave wall is, Silvercruiser is/was (why did you remove them :?: ), Cossack definetly wont ever again I shouldn't think :!: Dave Wall is running them :)

Mmmmmm.....confused a bit :? :| It does look as though wheel spacers give the most trouble to 80 owners :think: Is this the case :?: Have any 90/95 owners running 30mm spacers had any troubles as a result :?:

You see I could order my 255's today, have 'em fitted tomorrow, live with 'em for a while then fit spacers if required to help improve looks, COG, stability, turning circle etc :think: There are alot of pro's & the only con is reduced wheel bearing life :think: Don't get me wrong this is not good but......... :think: Mmmmmm.......... :? :roll: :)

Or get 285's with no spacers & be done with it....... :think: Will 285's fit without spacer :?: I can't remember now :roll:

Hi Steven,
Why not get the tyres and then worry about the wheelspacers after :?: I understand you wanting to crystallise your thoughts before pulling the trigger but I really don't see the tyre size in this case being dependent on whether you want to fit spacers or not. From what I can gather, the 255s fit fine without spacers, so why not give them a bash and see how it goes. :idea: 285s I suspect will rub as they are not a common fitment to 90/95s without modding (and spacers!). Why are you considering 285? They will add a lot more rolling resistance, coupled with the longer gearing, which might make your engine seem a little (more) sluggish over the 255s and certainly vs stock tyre size. Off-road with a light-ish truck, I would expect 255s to outperform 285s other than in very soft sand maybe.
255s and 285s are pretty much the same height/diameter so the spacer issue in the case of 255s is mostly a cosmetic one (i.e. not a prerequisite for fitting, unlike the 285s). Ok, COG and turning circle may change a tiny bit with spacers but for 99% of applications will this make much difference to you?

As a wild guess, I would think you might get away with the high wear on w/bearings with spacers fitted as the 90 is certainly a lot lighter than an 80, so I would assume the stresses on the w/bearings are less. There aren't too many reports of w/bearings failures on 90/95s that I recall but quite a few on 80s, especially with spacers.

Cheers,

(PS: I tried to beat your use of smileys but couldn't quite get there! :p :mrgreen: :p :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: )

Andrew Prince said:
I understand you wanting to crystallise your thoughts before pulling the trigger
How very well put :thumbup: This is exactly the issue :)

Plenty of very wise words there Andrew thank you :thumbup: :D

I may pop up to see my m8 this morning to have a look @ his 255's & have a bit of a chat & head clear with him :)

No going back now :sick: :) Just got off the phone to Supertyres :p Five 255/85/16 BFG KM2's :drool: Will be waiting for me to get there from 09:00hrs tomorrow morning :D

Back