Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is anyone running 255/85/16 M/T's on a 90 then........

sae70 said:
No going back now :sick: :) Just got off the phone to Supertyres :p Five 255/85/16 BFG KM2's :drool: Will be waiting for me to get there from 09:00hrs tomorrow morning :D
Just got back in from dropping all of the kids to school & nursery :) Going to make a quick mobile coffee then leave for Supertyres :D

They're on :D 255/85/16 BFG KM2's :thumbup:

PA240725.jpg

PA240726.jpg

PA240727.jpg

PA240728.jpg

PA240729.jpg

PA240734.jpg

I will do a stand alone thread on them later on :thumbup: But must go & pick the kids all back up from school & nursery now :roll: :)

Ahhh. Now we're getting somewhere. That is going to have so much grip. You'll have to have a head to head with Lil Blue. Can you get some picks in the arch with the wheel turned. I'd like to see the diagonal across the corners of the tyres in relation to the pinch seam on the arch / firewall. Always thought that the thinner, taller tyre shouldn't catch.

Chris

that looks great - proper proportions.
so the 255/85/16 are equivalent to 33"then?
and no rubbing on full-lock with only a suspension lift?

i have 225/75/R16 general grabber AT2 - which are only 29.3"tall - rims are only 6"or 6.5"though, so cannot really fit taller/fatter tyres... would need a 7" rim

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:) :) :)

Chris said:
Actually just very slightly over 33" but not by much. When you run all of the sizes through the tyre comparator this size on the 33" series is the tallest IIRC

sae70 said:
I've always run the Cooper STT's in the past & have been very pleased with 'em but they are not available in the 255/85/16 size :cry: But you no what they say a change is as good as a rest & I'm really loving the look of the KM2's :twisted:

Here's something prety sad I did for myself the other evening :oops:

265/70/16 30.61/10.43/16 standard fitment

265/75/16 31.65/10.43/16 increase in diameter over std fitment 26.42mm extra ground clearence over std fitment +13.21mm (+13.21mm)

305/70/16 32.81/12.00/16 increase in diameter over std fitment 55.88mm extra ground clearence over std fitment +27.94mm (+14.73mm)

285/75/16 32.83/11.22/16 increase in diameter over std fitment 56.39mm extra ground clearence over std fitment +28.19mm (+00.25mm)

255/85/16 33.07/10.04/16 increase in diameter over std fitment 62.48mm extra ground clearence over std fitment +31.24mm (+03.05mm)

This of course make no allowance for how these tyre sizes are effected by rim width & inflation pressure :D

Chris said:
Can you get some picks in the arch with the wheel turned. I'd like to see the diagonal across the corners of the tyres in relation to the pinch seam on the arch
Of course I can Chris :thumbup: Anything for you sir :D I shall do it tomorrow afternoon m8 :)

AndyCook said:
no rubbing on full-lock with only a suspension lift?
Not sure yet as not had a chance for a proper play & lay under :( But will let you know asap :thumbup: Will tomorrow afternoon do :?: :lol:

Chris said:
Ahhh. Now we're getting somewhere
AndyCook said:
that looks great - proper proportions
silvercruiser said:
Thats better its looking cool now
Thank you :D

Very interesting read chaps, and nice looking truck ! Been round to see Chris today and came away thinking I'd better save up some pennies and go for it ! Just out of interest, has anyone with the ironman lift towed a caravan, and if so what was it like and did you need to fit a drop plate ? What was the total cost for the rubber and lift SAE70 if you don't mind me asking ?

Regards,

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
Just out of interest, has anyone with the ironman lift towed a caravan, and if so what was it like and did you need to fit a drop plate ? What was the total cost for the rubber and lift SAE70 if you don't mind me asking ?

Regards,

Nick.

i havent towed a caravan but have towed my 10 by 7 trailer and i need to either drop the hitch or alter the position on the trailer as it nearly has the front wheels of the ground,
i got the ironman kit at the same time and it came in at £481.75 delivered
my tyres are 265/75/16 and 4 cost £580 fitted and i ordered the 5th today at £140 fitted.
hope this helps :thumbup:

Ah I missed this some how :? :) And no I don't mind :D The Ironman lift is around £480 from WestCoast the tyres (BFG 255/85/16 KM2's) were £148 each fitted & balanced & a Laser track including adjustment was £65 :D :thumbup: Oh & the hydraulic spring compressor was £95 :D

I've just had an e-mail back from west coast saying the cost of the SL B rated set is £450 + Vat & delivery !!!! which is a lot more than you guys paid, who did you speak to there ? it was a chap call Tony Lundstrom who mailed me !

Nick.

Tony is the 'dad' - you should try to speak to Paul... :cool:

I always dealt with Paul but on occasion spoke with a very friendly young lady aswell, but I can't remember her name :oops: Blokes Ah.... :roll: :D ;)

Ferk me !
Just ordered them, total cost £570 because of VAT increase and cost of £ Vs the $ !

Nick.

Back