Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ95 Exhaust - Are stainless available?

Thinking about it, is a muffler really worth it, how loud is a straight through exhaust on these? I would imagine there may be a drone on the motorways but once it's not loud it's fine...

Every straight through pipe i've ever heard instantly makes me think "is it broken or does he think that sounds good"

I gave a new zorst a lot of thought , i want my truck to sound as mean as it looks , after going through all the various options i decided only 2 choices made any sense .

1. Leave all the original pipework and just swap the back box for the closest fitting American style muffler or 2. Bite the bullet and pay Prospeed £400 for a professionally built stainless steel tried and tested system .

If i don't go for a pint next saturday thats a hundred quid saved so i've decided i will wait a little while before i give my beer money to Prospeed .

I have removed my back box and only have the middle box fitted. I have a Transit custom rear tail pipe which is straight through and turns down to exit underneath. Not to loud but a bit deeper note on tick over and the turbo seems to whistle nicely when accelerating.

Last edited:
Beau you have low profile tyres and i seem to recall you posting somewhere that you live in roundabout land . Its likely a loud pipe on your truck will only attract unwanted police attention .
What i want is a muted rumble , something that suggests there is a beast wanting to roar under my bonnet when i'm toodling through town at 10mph in a traffic que . At speed a nice deep tone is far more important than volume . A muffler is absolutely essential to achieve both of these things .

Its wise to decide exactly what you want to achieve before you start spending money and chopping and cutting stuff .

If i don't go for a pint next saturday thats a hundred quid saved so i've decided i will wait a little while before i give my beer money to Prospeed .

Blimey Shayne, beers a bit steep in Wales.:icon-biggrin:

Bit like the mountains.:lol:

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will be in the Isle of Man £3.20 to £3.50 a pint but the Island was once described by the local brewery , who were selling up at the time , as - "Sixty Thousand Alcoholics Clinging To a Rock !!!!!" £100 is an afternoon tipple , a weekend bender will leave you skint for a month if you try to keep up with the locals :orcs-cheers: its a Celt tradition lol

TT Races start saturday .

Last edited:
I'm not after loud noise as it'll probably fail the mot and I do a lot of motorway use so it's essential there's no drone, I think I will use Back the middle section muffler and see how that sounds, will be a long project as I start to collect bits and bobs and do some more research about it

Chris, CHris, CHRis, CHRIs, CHRIS!!!!!!! Hopefully he will see this. What did you do with lil blue, Was it just a straight through 3" stainless??? It sounded excellent in October at Lincomb.

Back