Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

As well as the Beech stump I had two Sycamore stumps to remove.

The first one came out eventually with the Kubota, but the second was far too large for it . .

DSCN8470.JPG

I had to summon help from the farm - their 2015 Merlo Telehandler hauled it out after I had hacked off the roots with the Kubota. The Merlo will lift 3.5 tons, but it struggled.

DSCN8481.JPG

Driving the Merlo is my neighbour Bob (AKA "Landrover Bob") - Secretary to 'The Scottish Off Road Club'. He likes to play as well :thumbup:.

The Kubota has gone back now (spotlessly clean & greased - they were impressed) so back to cars now.

Taking No.2 daughter's RAV4 for MOT today . . . .

Bob.

Back on the tools briefly , installing the machinery in whats to be the biggest slaughterhouse in europe & the worlds 3rd largest fridge. The site is a mudpit & ive seen 3 cars in the last week broken down because of the water.

IMAG2499.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I need to get some pictures of the Land Cruisers we've got around town at the moment - there's a ~3500ha bushfire that is drawing in a few resources that aren't normally in town; today I saw the Ambulance service's Special Access Team troopy, as well as a few extra National Parks fire striker units around.

What happened to the Polo Higgy? Is that fairground stuff in the background yours?
Alternator went on Polo, but not like the old days when you could limp it home.. It lost power steering, ABS light and many others came on Then went into limp mode , got it back and charged the Battery up and all was fine, power steering came back and brakes.. Just got the battery light on now..Not sure about the fair ground stuff, The red thing in front of Polo is the River entrance marker buoy that came adrift. (needs to go back really) behind the polo is an old narrow boat on blocks. And the old crane that no longer works.. To be honest the whole place is run like a fu@*ing fairground.:lol:

A couple of pics of my 81 "Ready for work in the morning!"

P1010357.JPG

Definitely need this quantity of straps lol
P1010358.JPG

The 81 is running a real treat and completely irreplaceable! Going to have to look out for telephone wires in the morning! :think::thumbup:

Thanks man! I haven't lost one of these on the road!:thumbup:

Just love that heavy traditional timber construction Iwan.

I hope the client doesn’t cover it up too much with whatever their building, it would be sacrilege...

I’ve got some 20 x 30mm beams in my place but it’s only pine and most of it’s covered up sadly.

That trailer-load must be a walk in the park for the 80 :lol:

:thumbup:

Thanks Clive! Had a hell of a good day mate! Jobs looking great and over the moon with it!
P1010379.JPG

Heavy duty construction needs heavy duty transportation!
Onsite HQ is waiting for his next command! Top right Lol This has been a project since August.

P1010375.JPG

A bit of perspective of the job in hand... not polishing my shoes but the gable end is mint! lol..
It's good to build back in new life into a listed building, I really enjoy this work

IMG_2922.JPG

An early pic and the 71 has done its fair share in this. Looking back there's quite a transformation too!
Aint life great!:thumbup:

Man, that’s a lovely bit of construction.

I love the way the purlins are mitered into the rafters, is that the way the original structure was built? They won’t need any props with timbers that size.

What will the roof be clad in, natural local slate?

When I used to ride the Preseli hills on my bike, there’s an old disused slate quarry I used to go through at Rosebush ... Natural materials, nice memories. :thumbup:

Man, that’s a lovely bit of construction.

I love the way the purlins are mitered into the rafters, is that the way the original structure was built? They won’t need any props with timbers that size.

What will the roof be clad in, natural local slate?

When I used to ride the Preseli hills on my bike, there’s an old disused slate quarry I used to go through at Rosebush ... Natural materials, nice memories. :thumbup:

Thanks Clive! It takes time to do a proper job.. when I first looked at the job and being listed, I took in how it was initially built and followed on in the style it is even though it was in quite shocking condition. I was surprised that it was still standing or what was left of it!
Yeah the purlins are 10" x 6 1/2" and 6.5m 21' 1/2' ish long so very carefull consideration in cutting them when they costed just under £300 plus vat each! (much more expensive than before the brexit vote!)
It would be real nice to get hold of a good batch of Welsh reclaimed slate, or new but not Spanish. for the roof.

Really keen to get on with my new project but a bit too knackered when the weekend comes to get a good hit on it!! Cheers mate!:thumbup:

FCE8FEA3-7203-42DD-860C-5064EBF65C91.jpeg
So towing in the snow is fun. Not too much in the yard, but our track is narrow, steep, and shaded. Needed to dump quite a bit of air from the tyres and do a bit of spade work after I decided reversing back down an icy path with a 10’ drop on one side isn’t that enjoyable.

Back