Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

Thats a really nice set up Tony... love the truck... Mmm! pickled wood. Tasty!

20170905_171141.jpg
Hi Higgy thanks for that the wood is 2"×8" for thr roof on. The kitchen 20170905_171115.jpg

Another rarity to keep on the road. Diahatsu 70 swb factory soft top. Removable doors drop down windscreen. Only 6 left on the road according to the DVLA . 300 odd mile round trip today to collect . As always the 24v 80 auto preformed perfectly . All the way there and back didn't pass a single 80 series and only one 100. Just a game me and James play on a road trip. They are becoming an increasingly uncommon site nowadays.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All the way there and back didn't pass a single 80 series and only one 100. Just a game me and James play on a road trip. They are becoming an increasingly uncommon site nowadays.

We do that too. Predict the number of 80 and 100 Cruisers we’ll spot at the start of a long journey. Whoever’s closest wins an icecream or a pint at the destination.

Digging the Daihatsu.

Cracking little Trucks they are, We had a couple of FourTracks on the farm.. Good work horse.. 'More impressed with the Trailer Tho'

Cracking little Trucks they are, We had a couple of FourTracks on the farm.. Good work horse.. 'More impressed with the Trailer Tho'
Not mine unfortunately. Very good but a heavy bit of kit. The ramps do cause quite a lot of drag. But it's a landcruiser page so won't have any of that "MPG" talk shall we.

It’s technical jargon for types of joints in woodwork .... you we’re looking out of the window in that lesson at school Nick...:lol:
We never got to do any of that, they had all the machines but in a class of 35 there wasnt much time to get to do anything in an hour a week

We never got to do any of that, they had all the machines but in a class of 35 there wasnt much time to get to do anything in an hour a week
sorry nick, didn't think it was a serious question..:)

the birds mouth is the angular cut around what looks like a 8x4. it consists of the seat cut, which is the horizontal cut and the back cut, the vertical cut. the "tails" is reference to the ends of the rafters which are normally cut off plumb (vertical), but not always.
I have a go myself now and then.
johns 008.jpg
johns 009.jpg
johns 011.jpg

Last edited:
Back