Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

I thought the same Rodger, scary just watching him!

The old 40s look the business though, go go mobile Pinky... :lol:

It takes some skill I'm sure, to "noose" a running buffalo with that catch-bar they had mounted on the front, impressive stuff indeed.

Nice find Ed, thanks for posting, I enjoyed that!

Just chatting to a mate back in the UK after I sent it to him as well; we realised that the station is the same size (near as damn it) as Berkshire...

1300km^2... or 321,237 acres...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's on the Australian equivalent of Countryfile (but without the pretty bits, it's a bit rougher) and Farming Today combined - has the previous weeks weather (which was depressing - we had no rain....again...) and the forecast for the week ahead, as well as livestock and commodity prices etc - and as such Landline is a bit of a institution.

Bit more geared towards farmers and rural/regional people than Countryfile is (was?), and there's a number of times where I've been talking to someone around midday on a Sunday and it goes quiet until 1pm when it finishes... Regional Aus stops for Landline. Hell, I plan my Sunday so I can catch it - the EYCI tells me how much my steak is going to cost in about 2 weeks time!

Yesterday was a relaxing day, all going swimmingly until I get a phone call at 5 p.m... My parents had broken down on their camping trip in the VW van and were stranded in the west of Ireland, miles from anywhere. I live in the southeast.. but needs must, (it was going to cost over €500 for a recovery truck to come out) and off their house after borrowing a bigger trailer for the first phase of the operation

IMAG1264.jpg

As I have only 2 seats, I couldn't safely carry both of them so we had to do a switcheroo. So followed a 4 hour drive, much of it along some very twisty and bumpy roads to recover the stranded people and vehicle.

IMAG1265.jpg

And then back the 130 miles again, got home at 3 a.m... cost us €80 in diesel, and the truck took it all in its stride as ever.

Cheers Shayne, yeah just a little more than 10! (Mid 30's) - parents have taken to camping since they retired, luckily I was home and have other farming neighbours to swap trailers with, if it was the day before I was up on top of a Mountain in Ulster

More work for the cruiser over the weekend.. primary house moving vehicle along with the trailer. We had a couple of vans too, but the LC performed mightily as ever. Here it is backed up to my new workshop with the garden odds and ends!

Screenshot_20170923-181254.png

I like CG:thumbup: Dewalt Saw, Makita Power tools, all tidy and stacked :icon-biggrin:, is that "easily" removable?

Back