Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

That ticks pretty much every possible box.., I'd have one in flash if I could!

20160407_194557.jpg
Only time it has ever done any work...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I haven't had a pickup so can't really compare. Why wouldn't you go back?
for one off road performance , especially when a pick up is empty.security.in the 95 I have the rear door & side windows tinted silver so tools are out of sight.Also with roof bars & a trailer you have more capacity/versatility.logs/rolls of fencing& posts in the trailer , tools in the back & ladders , clearing saw & pole saw on the roof.mine is a 5 door so when I can transport crew or tools - the bracket with the seats down gives a lot or room.With a pick up you have to compromise between crew & loadspace.buying a crew cab for occasional trips with workers seriously compromised you load capacity.price , value for money & spec.pick a budget & compare what you would get as regards to mileage , condition etc between a second hand hilux & a landcruiser.my 95 was a one company owned car with fsh & was immaculate when I got it.comming back from a hard day sitting in a heated leather seat driving an auto takes some beating

Great to hear all that goodoldboy. It's always been a burning question- van or 4x4 or pickup? A van is out of the question, I just question my sanity when a bag of cement sprays dust all over the inside of the Colorado, or wet bags of ballast leak brown water all over the boot space..
On the flip side I can carry just about all I need, saws , brushcutter, cement mixer goes in easily..
I do like a touch of green laning too so maybe a pickup wouldn't work.

And you are right, a comparable Hilux is at least twice the price.

J

A while back... Had a bunch of engine parts stuffed in the back as well.
DSC06440.JPG
DSC06441.JPG

Nah Andy, the 80 looks so proud :lol:

I know you don't agree, but the Chevy, good workhorse aside, was just soooo ugly. The 80 is a princess in comparison. IMHO of course...

I also don't think the Chevy can legally tow the 80 over here. They seem to have a very low tow rating compared to the one they get in the US. I have a vague recollection of mentioning this to Andy before and he was surprised when he checked.

Ian

Great to hear all that goodoldboy. It's always been a burning question- van or 4x4 or pickup? A van is out of the question, I just question my sanity when a bag of cement sprays dust all over the inside of the Colorado, or wet bags of ballast leak brown water all over the boot space..
On the flip side I can carry just about all I need, saws , brushcutter, cement mixer goes in easily..
I do like a touch of green laning too so maybe a pickup wouldn't work.

And you are right, a comparable Hilux is at least twice the price.

J
I use my cruiser instead of a van, you need to make a ply wood load area. Then non of the above matters..

Interesting idea. Can you show us a photo of that?

what's that on the trailer Beau? a supara? looks like it needs some filler & a t cut?

Yup, a supra indeed. This was a few years ago. Was bought as a project to swap a Lexus V8 in it. The move to the states got in the way and I ended up selling it on. Was a good shell. The sad part about that day was 20 miles on I lost the T-Top roof due to the wind, it wasn't bolted in, just strapped. Instant 400 pounds gone!

Back