Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

here in Dorset at the moment it is windy and raining constantly. For me personally I would not mind a restricted weekend as the people and atmosphere are what make it. And may be we could do some extreme recovery and assistance in the woods that are accessible. I would be prepared to do this for people if allowed. We could do things like assisted descents and cross winching. It could a be good opportunity for those of us with more experience in recovery and off-roading to demonstrate the finer skills that are not used that often to others.

Of course it is up to Tony as it his land and living. But providing the camping field is ok I would be happy with having a camping weekend and sharing stories with the others and we could tinker with each others trucks..........and we all enjoy tinkering..

Steve

BlackWidow said:
here in Dorset at the moment it is windy and raining constantly. For me personally I would not mind a restricted weekend as the people and atmosphere are what make it. And may be we could do some extreme recovery and assistance in the woods that are accessible. I would be prepared to do this for people if allowed. We could do things like assisted descents and cross winching. It could a be good opportunity for those of us with more experience in recovery and off-roading to demonstrate the finer skills that are not used that often to others.

Of course it is up to Tony as it his land and living. But providing the camping field is ok I would be happy with having a camping weekend and sharing stories with the others and we could tinker with each others trucks..........and we all enjoy tinkering..

Steve

loads of bits need fixing on my truck if your offering! :whistle:

I agree with Steve, its not just the 4x4ing that makes the weekend, the banter, evening social and of course the hog roast on Saturday night are always a good blast.

I think restrictions would be good if it means it can still go ahead if it is that boggy and slippery. As Tony has said a lot of people have taken time off work and travelling a long way so would be a shame to cancel totally. But it is Tony's land and livelihood so his decision is final.

Hows the rain been Tony????

Chris Mann said:
Hows the rain been Tony????
Jon Wildsmith said:
:lol: been pretty wet here this afternoon :(
Jon's just round the corner... I believe

Let's wait and see what Tony comes back with. His land his rules, and I would rather we were able to go another day than risk messing up his farm etc...

Wet in Rhyader in wales. But dry under foxwing :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TonyP said:
Jon's just round the corner... I believe
10 miles as the crow flies, can't quite see Lincomb from here because it's down in a dip.

So, at the moment we have only had 6mm, looks worse, but have just been out checking horses, and it was like this Monday, but today was ok.

If we can all go steady, unless there is a huge amount over night , should be good, as forecast is dry over friday and the weekend.
Good job I have such a great team to help, as this one might melt our brains a bit Moving things around to keep you all busy! :lol:

Will update rain totals in morning, and a definite answer.

Cheers,

The forecast that I am looking at says dry and sunny spells Fri, Sat and Sun.

Well you need a little rain to keep the dust down, eh?

Chris

Good job that Lincomb mud isn't the really sticky difficult to remove stuff that is still on/in parts of my truck from the first time I was there.... :lol:

Bridge building and recovering others/being recovered sounds great fun. Good idea to close off some of the hill tracks though.....

Whether restricted or not a key part to making it a successful event is us all working together to minimise any damage to Tony's land and staying safe. :thumbup:

Ok, forecasters got it wrong, :dance:

Only 9.5mm overnight, was heavy for a spell,woke me up, but the gauge doesnt lie!!!

Warm sunny,and windy ideal, so keeping fingers crossed seems to work well, thanks guys.

Will drive as much as I can this afternoon, to help dry it out, but the main areas to be careful on will be the downhills, so "Rubie Hill" a definite no no, but will go buy some red and white tape, and try to sort out a one way system, as much as possible.

Steve's idea of assisted descents and cross winching will maybe come into it, some punches will not be easy! :twisted:

See you all very soon.

Cheers, :thumbup:

Great news Tony, see you tomorrow :dance: News shock – forecasters get it wrong :lol:

Ian

Rubie Hill? What's that then?

Sounds pretty easy. I might have a go at reversing up it. :whistle:

I'm, not like a big kid, I AM a big kid - I'm counting backwards in my head. Just love this gathering. Can't wait. I enjoy pootling and drinking tea. I get enough off roading in to keep me happy, so this weekend is definitely more about the tea and tinkering..

Chris

Good news Tony, I'm sure all of us will be careful anyway as none of us want to damage vehicles or your land. See you soon.

TonyS said:
especially in the wood. The river flooded last week, so down there is interesting!

:

Hi Tony,

Any chance of a few pictures?

Gra.

Sorry no pics, but I am sure there will be a few from down there by Sunday night, showing water had been there! :D

Sounds like the perfect Lincomb, lots red mud and sunny :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back