Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

Hi guys, I know these should be in classified but I also have a camp kitchen and drawer system for sale, never used, and built by Drifta in Australia.
The kitchen is like this,

http://www.drifta.com.au/setDPOS.php

And there is also a large drawer that fits along side. Built to fit an 80.

Can have it on display over the weekend if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

I know its a bit Cheeky Tony, but hey ya don't ask ya don't get. If it is quick and easy to get to and set up I would love to take some pics of it for an idea I have for a caravan for me and the wife. There is no way I could afford to buy yours at the moment but I am pretty sure I could build one.

Chris

Lindsey and I will be there, looking forward to it since the last one.
Glad to hear it, would have been a shame if the defending champs had not made it back. I know Jim can not make it, what about Mike?

Has anyone won Lincomb twice yet? I don't think they have.

Ian

Last edited:
I know its a bit Cheeky Tony, but hey ya don't ask ya don't get. If it is quick and easy to get to and set up I would love to take some pics of it for an idea I have for a caravan for me and the wife. There is no way I could afford to buy yours at the moment but I am pretty sure I could build one.

Chris

No worries Chris, will set it up.

Hey all, as Ian said I won't make it this time 'round. I have had a few laps of the Nurburgring planned for that weekend for some time and was gutted that this Autumns event got moved forward! I did try explaining my predicament to the officials at the 'ring but no matter how much I screwed up the German language for them they wouldn't move the hallowed track to the UK for a couple of days. Oh well. I have sold Rex and hope that his new owner can join you all around the campfire, I have told him it'll be good for him...

As for next Spring's event, can I make a request that it isn't moved forward? ... I have a baby due in March and I fear it'd upset Laura somewhat if I couldn't make the birth :?

Congratulations on your good news both of you :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Congratulations to you and Laura. :clap: :thumbup:

Thanks chaps, a moment of forum tourettes there so I should prob ask everyone to keep it off Facebook and the likes for now, we've not even had the first scan yet! One very happy soon-to-be dad here though :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

Shame you can't make Lincomb this time, hope you enjoy Germany though.

Good news that your expecting, congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as it's early days.

Condition is good, but its about 4 years old and the outer cover is a little faded. Bought from Ian Rubie, and only used half a dozen times since then. Its a left hand side version, and all poles/guys are included, as are a couple of mounting brackets. As for cost, I'm really struggling as I can't find any for sale. My gut feel is that if offers are less than £150 (plus p&p) I should probably keep it, but I won't really know until I post it.

You can get new outer covers for the foxwing from BOAB, they slide off and slide the new one on easily. The new ones are a different material that doesn't fade. The awning itself shouldn't be affected it's just the die leaches out of the cover with all the rain we get!

Can you tell me more about the roof rack?

While everyone else is at it, our family sized RT will be for sale after this holiday and it will be on the 80 still at Lincomb. All the road travelling is not going down quite so well this year so fly drives may be the answer for a few years. It will have been used for 18 nights only and there is a spare brand new outer cover with it as that seems to be a wear item after a few years I thought I'd have a spare one. Maybe stick it on ebay next spring if no interest on here.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

Hey John from memory it's a Hannibal but I can't remember the model/size.

Guys, I'm having real problems with PMs. I can't send because my 'token has expired' (whatever than means) and receiving is intermittent.

Re the items that I posted as available:
Brake discs - sold to Andy
Awning - sold to Stu
Rack - under consideration

If anyone needs to contact me, my mobile is 07921 477672, or email [email protected].

Last edited:
If the rack is still on your 80 at Lincomb and unsold I'll have a look Andrew but it's probably shorter than I was thinking of having anyway.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a battery tester that they could bring along? I'd like to check mine out before the next trip.

Tx, Andrew

If thats a heavy discharge type you need I can bring mine along, most useful in detecting weaknesses in batteries.

Andy

It will be there no prob, I've no doubt they wont be the only batteries tested !!

Andy

Glad to hear it, would have been a shame if the defending champs had not made it back. I know Jim can not make it, what about Mike?

Has anyone won Lincomb twice yet? I don't think they have.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I know it is late notice but all repairs are now done on my truck and I have managed to get the time off work so if ok with you and Tony I will be there and I will give it a good go at winning for a second time............if I can persuade my winch man to come along.

Form filled out and cheque sent just hope that it gets to you all in time.

Steve

Back