Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ78 Build Thread

:thumbup:

Looks like a bitumen based product. I used to use something very similar for roof repairs on houses, like a self adhesive flashing. :think:

I would like to do my doors too, but at the moment my budget is pretty tight as I only borrowed just enough to cover what I estimated I would need to spend to get the 78 finished and registered. :)

But I will definitely look at doing it in the future. :icon-cool:

Work is progressing slowly on the 78 and I've set myself a target of having the interior all back in and the new rear door ready for the paint shop by the end of the week. :icon-biggrin:

I have spent the last month reading your LJ70, RJ70 and now this LJ78 Build Treads. I'm impressed with the work your doing!
I've started my 4WD "career" with a Subaru Forester 2010 4 years ago and I still own it, but will trade it for a LandCruiser. Not sure yet which model. A 30 year old car in Sweden has no road tax, but of cause it is 30 year of old worn technology. A LC diesel less than 30 years old and without Diesel Particle Filter is awfully expensive in road tax (=70, 80, 90 & 100 series). Easy 13 kSEK (roughly £1100) per year. So I'm not sure which way to go yet. I do like the diesels as I sometimes tow heavy trailers.
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to continue reading about your LC's!

I have spent the last month reading your LJ70, RJ70 and now this LJ78 Build Treads. I'm impressed with the work your doing!
I've started my 4WD "career" with a Subaru Forester 2010 4 years ago and I still own it, but will trade it for a LandCruiser. Not sure yet which model. A 30 year old car in Sweden has no road tax, but of cause it is 30 year of old worn technology. A LC diesel less than 30 years old and without Diesel Particle Filter is awfully expensive in road tax (=70, 80, 90 & 100 series). Easy 13 kSEK (roughly £1100) per year. So I'm not sure which way to go yet. I do like the diesels as I sometimes tow heavy trailers.
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to continue reading about your LC's!

Have you thought about a LWB 40 series with a 2H engine, absolute beast of a simple machine, or failing that a early 60 series if you want something more than 30 years old.

Reactions: Ben

Thanks mate, I'm glad you've enjoyed my build threads. :thumbup:

As Julian suggested, a 40 or 60 would be perfect, or even an early 70 if you can find one. :think:

A 60 would be good, especially if you could find one with a 12HT engine fitted. I used to drive a 12HT 60 when I worked at Piranha and it was a great vehicle it really was! :clap:

A 40 would look cooler but may be a bit small and not as comfortable or modern as a 60. :)

But I'm guessing finding those vehicles in climates with roads that get salted may be difficult, unless you source one from a warmer country. :think:

Thanks mate, I'm glad you've enjoyed my build threads. :thumbup:

As Julian suggested, a 40 or 60 would be perfect, or even an early 70 if you can find one. :think:

A 60 would be good, especially if you could find one with a 12HT engine fitted. I used to drive a 12HT 60 when I worked at Piranha and it was a great vehicle it really was! :clap:

A 40 would look cooler but may be a bit small and not as comfortable or modern as a 60. :)

But I'm guessing finding those vehicles in climates with roads that get salted may be difficult, unless you source one from a warmer country. :think:

One of the guys I know here has a 12HT transplanted into a 40 series ute as his everyday work ute. He also has a Mazda BT50 (older shape) but the 40 is used far more often. He's not a little lad either!

A LC diesel less than 30 years old and without Diesel Particle Filter is awfully expensive in road tax (=70, 80, 90 & 100 series). Easy 13 kSEK (roughly £1100) per year.

Tax is pretty steep here too. It goes by engine cc and the rate per liter is set by the engine Euro code, meaning my 22 year old 80 series HZJ is pretty much in the most expensive bracket.

It's about 6,500 lei, which is circa £1,300 p.a.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tax is pretty steep here too. It goes by engine cc and the rate per liter is set by the engine Euro code, meaning my 22 year old 80 series HZJ is pretty much in the most expensive bracket.

It's about 6,500 lei, which is circa £1,300 p.a.

:shock: :wtf: :thumbdown:

Thats crazy! No wonder theres not many 80's over there! :icon-evil:

OK..........

Time for an update.

Work is progressing well on the 78 and I'm on track to hit my target of rear door finished and interior back in by the end of the week. :dance:

Rear Door First.

It was quite badly dented. :thumbdown:

IMG_1073_zpsxy64iwce.jpg

IMG_1074_zpsowjysqqz.jpg

IMG_1075_zps2w7n1btj.jpg

IMG_1076_zpskr9coduw.jpg

Using my cheap body work set.

IMG_1078_zpshnismm3c.jpg

I managed to knock most of the bottom dent out.

IMG_1079_zpszkumjibv.jpg

IMG_1080_zpsi1mztgtx.jpg

IMG_1081_zpss9u9lrjw.jpg

But I couldnt get anything up inside far enough to get the top dent out. :doh:

IMG_1082_zps8e5o3nnf.jpg

IMG_1083_zpssd1vhoxg.jpg

So then I started thinking and I decided really what I needed was a proper stud welder, dent puller where you weld studs on and pull the dent out. :think:

But their not cheap and its not something I'd use very often and besides I already have a top of the range TIG/ARC and a reasonably good little MIG. :)

So then I did some research into using one of the welders I already have and found this from the states. :icon-cool:

IMG_1239_zpsdv9vwbmq.jpg

And I thought I could make that and its only going to cost me a few bits of scrap metal I already had and $13 for a cheap hand drill from Bunnings. :icon-biggrin:

Picked up a cheap $13 hand drill.

IMG_1084_zpsgyetbcjz.jpg

All I actually wanted was the chuck for my slide hammer, but I will keep the rest as I have plans to use a mechanism like that on a small wind turbine I want to build one day. :icon-cool:

IMG_1085_zpscawgmhpm.jpg

IMG_1086_zpssh1mfi4m.jpg

IMG_1087_zps7mszzkcs.jpg

I took a piece of 25mm round bar to work and cut it to length, this was to be the handle on the slide hammer.

IMG_1192_zpsdgg1auo3.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsisgam9gz.jpg

I then put it on the beast of a lathe.

IMG_1194_zpszhyovbui.jpg

Put a 12mm drill bit through it.

IMG_1195_zps22tos2hp.jpg

Followed by a 16mm one.

IMG_1196_zpss0jvciao.jpg

It looked good on one end. :dance:

IMG_1218_zpsc9fhl4sj.jpg

But the other end was totally wrong. :icon-evil:

IMG_1219_zpse0tuular.jpg

That went in the scrap bin and I found a piece of steam pipe, left over from when I sleeved the steering bar on this 78 build.

IMG_1220_zps2qie6bj5.jpg

Dug out some nice big hole saw waste pieces from my washers box, all 5mm thick.

IMG_1213_zpsdbvjfxog.jpg

Drilled the center holes bigger in the drill press.

IMG_1215_zpsfxvw1e0d.jpg

IMG_1216_zps43v58sv8.jpg

Removed the threaded section from the drill that the chuck screws onto.

IMG_1217_zpshmzhtd9a.jpg

Cut it down slightly.

Then I cut some 16mm round bar to length and then I had all the parts for the slide hammer.

IMG_1221_zps11fgdqhi.jpg

Decided to take the 16mm bar to work and put it in the lathe so I could drill a nice 7.5mm hole in the end for the chuck threaded section to sit in.

IMG_1224_zpszf6hbqx3.jpg

IMG_1225_zps3gsn7saf.jpg

IMG_1226_zps2lwm0onl.jpg

Then the TIG welding could begin! :icon-twisted:

IMG_1227_zpshvekoijt.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsxzcvtbbb.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsxyggnuxe.jpg

IMG_1230_zpswtcfvogl.jpg

IMG_1231_zps7smspdje.jpg

Few tacks first.

IMG_1232_zpswuy7jgyh.jpg

Then fully welded.

IMG_1234_zpsbv9sojda.jpg

All welded and ready to assemble. :dance:

IMG_1235_zpsgijsjllh.jpg

IMG_1236_zpsuygqqnhw.jpg

IMG_1237_zpsrok7akoc.jpg

IMG_1238_zpsyfqttubq.jpg

Next I needed to make the stud attachment for the MIG.

IMG_1240_zpsdiuhupef.jpg

Found some scrap stainless tube the correct diameter to fit over the end of the MIG torch.

IMG_1269_zpsfchevby4.jpg

IMG_1270_zpsfoaldfj3.jpg

Cut it off and found some brake tube and cut that to length too.

IMG_1271_zps5d184zuv.jpg

Welded them together.

IMG_1272_zpsrxkoxuox.jpg

IMG_1274_zpsnyczzmb0.jpg

IMG_1275_zpsevqm2gqi.jpg

Cut a 2.4mm TIG filler rod into pieces to use as my studs.

IMG_1276_zps79zsbxhy.jpg

And I was ready! :dance:

Cost me $13 and about 2 hours of my time. :icon-cool:

IMG_1277_zpsy5l5lnwt.jpg

Cleaned the paint off the door.

IMG_1278_zps5gzikvll.jpg

IMG_1279_zpssfzc6uvu.jpg

Welded the studs on.

IMG_1280_zpsanyvg548.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsyplxa7ib.jpg

Put the slide hammer on and started pulling the dent out.

IMG_1284_zpsbnc7jnya.jpg

I should have taken some before pics as it was 10-12mm dented in to start with.

And afterwards.

IMG_1285_zpsv2oszjy3.jpg

IMG_1286_zpsyz0u3plf.jpg

As it had worked so well and was so quick and easy I decided to do the other dent.

Cleaned the paint off.

IMG_1287_zps3pnn0hqv.jpg

IMG_1288_zpsqc7z6deh.jpg

Few before pics.

IMG_1289_zpsbjege7av.jpg

IMG_1290_zps1teyioxr.jpg

More stud welding and slide hammering.

IMG_1292_zps11w9kwok.jpg

And I was very pleased with the results! :clap:

IMG_1293_zpshi6pofrt.jpg

IMG_1296_zpsemugkyrm.jpg

I then got the door outside and cleaned it all up and smoothed the welds down.

IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg

IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg

Gave all the bare metal a few coats of etch primer.

IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg

Followed by a 0.5-1mm skim of filler.

IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg

Once that was sanded it got another coat of primer.

Then it was ready to drop off at the panel shop.

IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg

IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg

The guy reckons it should be ready by the middle of next week. :icon-cool:

I did a tiny bit in the engine bay.

Fitted my silicon bend to connect my snorkel to the airbox.

IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg

The original one that came with the snorkel was very restrictive.

IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg

IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg

IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg

IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg

IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg

IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg

Was quite tight getting it through the guard and onto the snorkel and I resorted to giving the inside of it a coat of wd40 to help get it onto the snorkel.

IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg

Then it was ready to connect to the airbox.

IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg

IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg

Airbox only just fits.

IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg

IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg

I need some help working out how to connect the plug for the alternator please.

I have 5 wires in total going to the alternator, 4 of which went to a plug on the alternator, or at least on the original 2-lt motor they did, I think.

Where as my 1KZ only has a connector for 3. :?

The wires on the loom of my 78.

IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg

One of which goes to the accessories power box which is strange because non of my other 70's had an alternator wire.

IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg

This is the plug for the 1kz alternator.

IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg

I can work out 2 of the wires as their quite obvious.

IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg

But I'm a bit unsure about the others, particularly this one which is almost like a coaxle cable.

IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg

IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg

Doesnt look like it should go to my yellow, but maybe it does? :?

IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg

So I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to help. :pray:

Back to the build.....

I cleaned the last piece of chrome trim for the rear roof gutter, I had hoped to use one of the KZJ78 ones but sadly that one was damaged, presumably at the same time the rear doors got so damaged.

So I cleaned the paint off my original one.

IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg

And got that fitted.

IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg

I fitted one of the rear door cards/trims.

IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg

IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg

I was going to fit the passenger side front one next.

IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg

But first I needed to sort out the hideous MDF speaker mount that has been attached to the door. :shifty:

IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg

Removed it and was impressed to find that its a proper shop bought laser cut item and not something some one has bodged together themselves.

IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg

Decided to cover it in grey vinyl that I had left over from a previous project.

IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg

Covered it completely first and tried to get it nice and tight.

IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg

IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg

Then cut the middle out and mounted it on the door with the speaker.

But sadly its not perfect, so will have to come off and be re-done. :doh:

IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg

IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg

I'm going to redo it and this time use a hot glue gun to help stick the vinyl in place as I go, so hopefully I wont have any of those loose bits. :pray:

I did lots more parts cleaning while the Mrs was in bed. :shhh:

IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg

Then laid them all out to dry.

IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg

IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg

And hung all the door opening seam seals up to dry.

IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg

I used some washing line to re-glaze the smaller rear door.

IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg

IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg

IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg

IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg

Next I looked at the seat belts, which would prove a much bigger and time consuming task than it should have been. :icon-rolleyes:

The KZJ78 that I got all the seat belts out of had sadly been sat for 2 years with no sun roof or doors on it and the weather had taken its toll. :icon-cry:

All the seat belt mounts were rusty. :doh:

IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg

IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg

On closer examination non of them are genuine Toyota ones.

IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg

Nor were any of the ones that came on my 78. So I can only presume that to get these imported vehicles to meet Australian Design Rules (ADR compliant) they have to change the belts. :think:

A quick look on Toyodiy with my vin number revealed that it left the factory with only lap belts in the rear, which seems strange as the plastics are made around seat belts being installed, as is the body with its M10 fine thread captive nuts every where. :think:

So then I tried the KZJ78 vin, thinking maybe it was just because mine was an earlier 78, but I got the same result, no rear 3 point belts fitted, only lap belts. :crazy:

So I can only presume that at that time JDM vehicles didnt get rear 3 point belts, or certainly not these 70 series Prado's. :think:

Anyway, back to the seat belt situation in the 78.............

I wasnt keen to fit rusty parts so decided to try and fit some front 79 series Ute belts I bought 4 years ago when I imported my LJ70.

It bolted in perfectly! :clap:

IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg

But sadly it wouldnt fit into the stalk on the rear seat. :doh:

The rear seat belt stalks were designed to take belts thats tang was 5mm narrower. :thumbdown:

IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg

So then I dragged LJ's old rear seat out, something which hasnt been fitted for 7 years, but that I'm glad I kept as it will be perfect for carrying my kids when it goes in the soft top body. :icon-cool:

IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg

But sadly the seat belt stalks on it were wrong too. :doh:

IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg

So at this point I thought right, Toyota fits the slightly wider tang belts to the front and the narrower to the rear. I will buy some rear seat belts from a new V8 76 wagon or duel cab ute. :think:

Located some, agreed a good price on them, then asked the guy to measure them and discovered that Toyota now fits the wider front tang seat belts to the front and rear of its 70's! :doh:

So at this point I thought f*** it!

Fit the rear 2 belts out of the KZJ78, as at least their not red like the ones that came in my 78. :shifty:

They were a little rusty. :thumbdown:

IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg

IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg

Cleaned them up as best I could with a wire wheel in the drill.

IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg

IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg

Obviously couldnt get this bit very easily sadly. :doh:

IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg

Didnt want to risk using my good acid based rust killer next to the belts encase it damaged them, so settled for some much weaker Hammerite stuff I brought over with me when I emigrated.

IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg

Gave them a good coat and left it to soak for a while.

IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg

Then I masked off the belts.

IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg

And gave them 2 coats of etch primer.

IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg

Followed by a few coats of satin black enamel paint.

IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg

Then they could finally be bolted in place! :dance:

IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg

And I could start putting the inside back together with all the plastic trims.

IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg

Decided to fit the grey, VDJ79 seat belts in the front as they are much better quality than the aftermarket ones these 78's got fitted with after being imported.

IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg

The roof lining was filthy when I got the 78 and I mean filthy! :puke-front:

IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg

So this week when the wife wanted to clean her old car as we were getting it ready for sale, I suggested we should buy a decent hand held steam cleaner. :shifty:

So we bought this.

IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg

Which has proved to be excellent for cleaning the headling and car upholstery! :clap:

IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg

The heads get dirty pretty quickly.

IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg

But the technique I've discovered which works best is to give it a good going over with the steam mop to loosen all the grease and grime and then use an old towel to rub/wipe it with and all the dirt ends up on the towel. :ugeek:

IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg

IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg

All of the interior grab handles were pretty gross too. :thumbdown:

IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg

So they too got a good scrub in the kitchen sink. :shifty:

IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg

IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg

The sun visors that the 78 came with had seen better days.

IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg

So I kept the ones out of LJ's old body, before I sold it, especially for this build. :icon-cool:

IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg

Got those fitted.

IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg

Along with the rear view mirror, which I never realised before just how perfectly the mirror and visors fit together.

IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg

IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg

I found a great new automotive paint shop near where I work and picked up some seam sealer to seal where the panel shop forgot to and some stone chip to spray the wheel arches with.

IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg

IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg

This was a bargain at $15! :dance:

The last place ripped me off for $40 for the last one. :icon-evil:

IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg

Seam sealed the door.

IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg

IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg

And also the bottom of the rear quarter panel where I did the rust repair.

*You can see the grey paint that has dripped out, thats from where I gave the inside of the quarter panel a good coat of paint a few days previously to ensure no rust can start.

IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg

IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg

I also seam sealed the inside.

IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg

IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg

Once that was all dry it was time for some Dinitrol.

IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg

I'd forgotten what a bloody messy job it is! :icon-redface:

IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg

Gave the inside of all the doors a good coat.

IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg

IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg

And the rear quarter panels.

Carefully positioned tubs to catch it as it leaked out of the drain holes.

IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg

Mounted the jack next.

IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg

IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg

I need to get the tools to go with it, although its unlikely I will ever use it as I always use my high lift, which is very safe and stable with the attachment fitted which fits securely into tube welded into my rock sliders and bull bar, its also super quick and saves having to get down on your hands and knees to position a jack under the axle. :icon-cool:

The door cards went on next.

IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg

Not sure if I will mount speakers in here or not as the boot will be pretty full with the fridge, water tank, drawer system and camping gear. :think:

But I salvaged the speaker covers off the ruined KZJ78 rear door trims, so I will probably clean and paint them up to at least cover the holes. :icon-biggrin:

IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg

Other side went on.

IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg

And the other rear side door card.

IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg

The faux leather hand brake cover I got from the KZJ78 was sadly a bit moldy.

IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg

IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg

So after discovering online that white vinegar is the best thing to treat/kill it with I gave it a good wipe with that and left it overnight to soak.

IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg

This morning I could fit it but I first I needed to decide whether or not to re-fit the rear heater. :think:

IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg

Decided I would as it might be useful if the kids are cold one day, maybe after a trip to the beach, but were not, we can stay cool and just put the hot air on them. :)

So got it bolted in position along with the center console and hand brake cover.

IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg

IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg

IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg

Not sure if I will use these slightly crusty corroded looking pipes to connect it or not, tempted to just run rubber hoses instead then it might be more reliable. :think:

IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg

I will need to clean up and fit this box though next.

IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg

As it is far too low to be of any use as an arm rest I'm thinking of trying to mount fold up arm rests directly to the seats. Like the early range rovers and some of the later Transit vans. :think:

Oh one more thing I went picking last weekend. :shifty:

I went back and bought a load more bits off that KZJ78. :dance:

If I had of had room I would have bought the whole thing and just parked it up, but sadly I dont have land yet.

The guy let me use his hoist and tools which was very kind of him. :clap:

IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg

IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg

IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg

IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg

Got a good trailer load.

IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg

I will sell some of it to make some money and keep some of it as spares for my 78. :cool:

Cant decide whether to keep the valuable R151 gearbox or not, I've currently got 4 and only need 2 for my 70's and I want to keep one as a spare. :think:

Does anyone know if the KZJ78 had different gear ratios in the gearbox compared to the LJ70's?

I did some searching but couldnt find out.

This is the box.

IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg
IMG_1195_zps22tos2hp.jpg IMG_1196_zpss0jvciao.jpg IMG_1218_zpsc9fhl4sj.jpg IMG_1219_zpse0tuular.jpg IMG_1220_zps2qie6bj5.jpg IMG_1213_zpsdbvjfxog.jpg IMG_1215_zpsfxvw1e0d.jpg IMG_1216_zps43v58sv8.jpg IMG_1217_zpshmzhtd9a.jpg IMG_1221_zps11fgdqhi.jpg IMG_1224_zpszf6hbqx3.jpg IMG_1225_zps3gsn7saf.jpg IMG_1226_zps2lwm0onl.jpg IMG_1227_zpshvekoijt.jpg IMG_1228_zpsxzcvtbbb.jpg IMG_1229_zpsxyggnuxe.jpg IMG_1230_zpswtcfvogl.jpg IMG_1231_zps7smspdje.jpg IMG_1232_zpswuy7jgyh.jpg IMG_1234_zpsbv9sojda.jpg IMG_1235_zpsgijsjllh.jpg IMG_1195_zps22tos2hp.jpg IMG_1196_zpss0jvciao.jpg IMG_1218_zpsc9fhl4sj.jpg IMG_1219_zpse0tuular.jpg IMG_1220_zps2qie6bj5.jpg IMG_1213_zpsdbvjfxog.jpg IMG_1215_zpsfxvw1e0d.jpg IMG_1216_zps43v58sv8.jpg IMG_1217_zpshmzhtd9a.jpg IMG_1221_zps11fgdqhi.jpg IMG_1224_zpszf6hbqx3.jpg IMG_1225_zps3gsn7saf.jpg IMG_1226_zps2lwm0onl.jpg IMG_1227_zpshvekoijt.jpg IMG_1228_zpsxzcvtbbb.jpg IMG_1229_zpsxyggnuxe.jpg IMG_1230_zpswtcfvogl.jpg IMG_1231_zps7smspdje.jpg IMG_1232_zpswuy7jgyh.jpg IMG_1234_zpsbv9sojda.jpg IMG_1235_zpsgijsjllh.jpg IMG_1236_zpsuygqqnhw.jpg IMG_1237_zpsrok7akoc.jpg IMG_1238_zpsyfqttubq.jpg IMG_1240_zpsdiuhupef.jpg IMG_1269_zpsfchevby4.jpg IMG_1270_zpsfoaldfj3.jpg IMG_1271_zps5d184zuv.jpg IMG_1272_zpsrxkoxuox.jpg IMG_1274_zpsnyczzmb0.jpg IMG_1275_zpsevqm2gqi.jpg IMG_1276_zps79zsbxhy.jpg IMG_1277_zpsy5l5lnwt.jpg IMG_1278_zps5gzikvll.jpg IMG_1279_zpssfzc6uvu.jpg IMG_1280_zpsanyvg548.jpg IMG_1281_zpsyplxa7ib.jpg IMG_1284_zpsbnc7jnya.jpg IMG_1285_zpsv2oszjy3.jpg IMG_1286_zpsyz0u3plf.jpg IMG_1287_zps3pnn0hqv.jpg IMG_1288_zpsqc7z6deh.jpg IMG_1289_zpsbjege7av.jpg IMG_1290_zps1teyioxr.jpg IMG_1292_zps11w9kwok.jpg IMG_1293_zpshi6pofrt.jpg IMG_1296_zpsemugkyrm.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1221_zps11fgdqhi.jpg IMG_1224_zpszf6hbqx3.jpg IMG_1225_zps3gsn7saf.jpg IMG_1226_zps2lwm0onl.jpg IMG_1227_zpshvekoijt.jpg IMG_1228_zpsxzcvtbbb.jpg IMG_1229_zpsxyggnuxe.jpg IMG_1230_zpswtcfvogl.jpg IMG_1231_zps7smspdje.jpg IMG_1232_zpswuy7jgyh.jpg IMG_1234_zpsbv9sojda.jpg IMG_1235_zpsgijsjllh.jpg IMG_1236_zpsuygqqnhw.jpg IMG_1237_zpsrok7akoc.jpg IMG_1238_zpsyfqttubq.jpg IMG_1240_zpsdiuhupef.jpg IMG_1269_zpsfchevby4.jpg IMG_1270_zpsfoaldfj3.jpg IMG_1271_zps5d184zuv.jpg IMG_1272_zpsrxkoxuox.jpg IMG_1274_zpsnyczzmb0.jpg IMG_1275_zpsevqm2gqi.jpg IMG_1276_zps79zsbxhy.jpg IMG_1277_zpsy5l5lnwt.jpg IMG_1278_zps5gzikvll.jpg IMG_1279_zpssfzc6uvu.jpg IMG_1280_zpsanyvg548.jpg IMG_1281_zpsyplxa7ib.jpg IMG_1221_zps11fgdqhi.jpg IMG_1224_zpszf6hbqx3.jpg IMG_1225_zps3gsn7saf.jpg IMG_1226_zps2lwm0onl.jpg IMG_1227_zpshvekoijt.jpg IMG_1228_zpsxzcvtbbb.jpg IMG_1229_zpsxyggnuxe.jpg IMG_1230_zpswtcfvogl.jpg IMG_1231_zps7smspdje.jpg IMG_1232_zpswuy7jgyh.jpg IMG_1234_zpsbv9sojda.jpg IMG_1235_zpsgijsjllh.jpg IMG_1236_zpsuygqqnhw.jpg IMG_1237_zpsrok7akoc.jpg IMG_1238_zpsyfqttubq.jpg IMG_1240_zpsdiuhupef.jpg IMG_1269_zpsfchevby4.jpg IMG_1270_zpsfoaldfj3.jpg IMG_1271_zps5d184zuv.jpg IMG_1272_zpsrxkoxuox.jpg IMG_1274_zpsnyczzmb0.jpg IMG_1275_zpsevqm2gqi.jpg IMG_1276_zps79zsbxhy.jpg IMG_1277_zpsy5l5lnwt.jpg IMG_1278_zps5gzikvll.jpg IMG_1279_zpssfzc6uvu.jpg IMG_1280_zpsanyvg548.jpg IMG_1281_zpsyplxa7ib.jpg IMG_1284_zpsbnc7jnya.jpg IMG_1285_zpsv2oszjy3.jpg IMG_1286_zpsyz0u3plf.jpg IMG_1287_zps3pnn0hqv.jpg IMG_1288_zpsqc7z6deh.jpg IMG_1289_zpsbjege7av.jpg IMG_1290_zps1teyioxr.jpg IMG_1292_zps11w9kwok.jpg IMG_1293_zpshi6pofrt.jpg IMG_1296_zpsemugkyrm.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg IMG_1299_zps9bcuwrkp.jpg IMG_1300_zps5zumv1bc.jpg IMG_1301_zpssodrku5n.jpg IMG_1309_zpsp2ljafqm.jpg IMG_1348_zpszumjapfr.jpg IMG_1349%20600%20x%20450_zpsghswvrgn.jpg IMG_1093_zpsfrqn0rnq.jpg IMG_1088_zpsam9ri2de.jpg IMG_1089_zpspfbxrrbo.jpg IMG_1092_zpshrcmb0rr.jpg IMG_1094_zpszkbirl27.jpg IMG_1095_zpsqgx0hjcy.jpg IMG_1097_zpswx1xrrga.jpg IMG_1098_zpscwhz4dfj.jpg IMG_1099_zpsquhvquzt.jpg IMG_1100_zpsfyr3er8b.jpg IMG_1101_zpsd6yakoep.jpg IMG_1102_zps2wo8domh.jpg IMG_1104_zpsfb4mxtuu.jpg IMG_1105_zpsewwas4io.jpg IMG_1107_zpsjnqxvmps.jpg IMG_1108_zpswjpw6qbx.jpg IMG_1109_zpsqbafnowa.jpg IMG_1110_zpsl6rlew4c.jpg IMG_1111_zps5383mnex.jpg IMG_1071_zpssjklevco.jpg IMG_1072_zps72kro02q.jpg IMG_1114_zpsq2gp6pis.jpg IMG_1115_zpswm47hroq.jpg IMG_1116_zpsjzd0nypl.jpg IMG_1117_zpsqexklvct.jpg IMG_1118_zps5uqbshkt.jpg IMG_1119_zps3cewznky.jpg IMG_1120_zps8xsuypth.jpg IMG_1121_zpsgj2ryxzw.jpg IMG_1122_zpsomr1zfoz.jpg IMG_1345_zpspvitppsh.jpg IMG_1347_zpsdepkqht7.jpg IMG_1185_zpszkzzwrjw.jpg IMG_1187_zpsksnnwn2l.jpg IMG_1188_zpskozegtfn.jpg IMG_1189_zpsbdwu76bm.jpg IMG_1197_zpspe6387nj.jpg IMG_1198_zps1zi6qxzr.jpg IMG_1200_zpsrrqvwhl0.jpg IMG_1202_zps8tbnuzu6.jpg IMG_1203_zpst7papmxu.jpg IMG_1204_zpsuyxvvwhb.jpg IMG_1205_zpsjzcyursd.jpg IMG_1207_zps1tel4cpn.jpg IMG_1208_zps9mpzsezn.jpg IMG_1209_zpsmhujuxvy.jpg IMG_1210_zpsehn1sj0w.jpg IMG_1241_zpsvqpuodzk.jpg IMG_1242_zpshpki3hka.jpg IMG_1243_zpsznplcw4m.jpg IMG_1244_zpsck9er0wl.jpg IMG_1245_zpsstq9mscw.jpg IMG_1246_zpskcrzmxno.jpg IMG_1247_zpsxy6em4ni.jpg IMG_1266_zpstlfjywsq.jpg IMG_1267_zpsq3rjs3y2.jpg IMG_1321_zpsme1xpjpc.jpg IMG_1325_zpsmjtoucji.jpg IMG_1326_zps0kt5j5mi.jpg IMG_1327_zps92uey6j0.jpg IMG_1312_zpsxzpsj5nj.jpg IMG_1320_zpswctejlx5.jpg IMG_1315_zpslne86byf.jpg IMG_1316_zpstsrvwksx.jpg IMG_1317_zpso4rwyalf.jpg IMG_1330_zpskqudj2yq.jpg IMG_1328_zpszifvwa9d.jpg IMG_1332_zpsplnhrfgp.jpg IMG_1333_zpsvpjkris6.jpg IMG_1335_zpsnbgy3pcd.jpg IMG_1336_zpso0fbbjjl.jpg IMG_1351_zpsvdoedsai.jpg IMG_1352_zpsp0giqga0.jpg IMG_1354_zpssgkyfxrt.jpg IMG_1355_zpsakrre1hl.jpg IMG_1248_zpsxlmiteaw.jpg IMG_1249_zpswayvenwf.jpg IMG_1250_zpsdkokhnt3.jpg IMG_1251_zpsllbmrnxi.jpg IMG_1252_zpssag07bm2.jpg IMG_1255_zps7hbfnht2.jpg IMG_1260_zpss443zpx3.jpg IMG_1262_zpsjxoafkdj.jpg IMG_1264_zpsx4zwlakl.jpg IMG_1265_zps4qrhvmli.jpg IMG_1305_zpsfpjhfhjl.jpg IMG_1306_zpsvzcm3bez.jpg IMG_1307_zpsd6iccflr.jpg IMG_1308_zpsmnwkvlls.jpg IMG_1311_zpsxcoatynu.jpg IMG_1337_zpsj8a23kyy.jpg IMG_1338_zps09edhrts.jpg IMG_1339_zpsyswvj6b7.jpg IMG_1340_zpstxu0kwx7.jpg IMG_1341_zps0smteohe.jpg IMG_1353_zpsvo8y6n3q.jpg IMG_1356_zpsiiua1jam.jpg IMG_1357_zpsk95kdfai.jpg IMG_1358_zpsttjinc5k.jpg IMG_1372_zps2uobej8d.jpg IMG_1375_zpswvlrkt09.jpg IMG_1376_zpszvv9vgyw.jpg IMG_1377_zpsxucbx8nl.jpg IMG_1374_zpsdrauhb1y.jpg IMG_1373_zps4d0xnv4h.jpg IMG_1123_zpsh6ejhkqg.jpg IMG_1125_zpsocfvfa92.jpg IMG_1127_zpscclk2mk8.jpg IMG_1128_zpsdrtbphws.jpg IMG_1129_zps46rxh89o.jpg IMG_1131_zpstfdzygml.jpg

Hey Ben,

I reckon that coaxial-esque wrap is a shield on the alternator output to prevent electrical interference (or at least that's what makes sense to me)

Good work as always Ben. I think that alternator screened cable you refer to as co ax is possibly for some sort of magnetic pickup, perhaps for rpm. This is just based on the type of cable not any knowledge of the vehicle.
The other wires other than a thick charge wire which is obvious, will be a bolt sense wire that goes directly via a fusible link to the battery. An excite/field wire which is switched on by turning the key and a lamp wire.

Have a look here https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=denso+alternator+wiring&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=isvn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=itNBmL9zFMJh-M%3A%2CtM3pZ7UsD3zm-M%2C_%3Bi_Ama0AYRE6ozM%3A%2Cjan1iJI43y00NM%2C_%3BVWGSFPBHM0UFdM%3A%2Cjan1iJI43y00NM%2C_%3BjZUppcJt-n6dIM%3A%2CSrRgv0BwKJhD4M%2C_%3BfWvFHhXLgaEtHM%3A%2C4-tECyqBN2y7DM%2C_%3BfI3NJkdJdVSCtM%3A%2CvFmu8vAvAYziCM%2C_%3BgY0Ywzp_Yy_BHM%3A%2COhkrZV6kvE7ylM%2C_%3B8mMqhXY4aEHHnM%3A%2CAlRTExGzug37-M%2C_%3BrBfR2hXbESN4NM%3A%2ClejgJxSJW0A7BM%2C_&usg=__I6jazfwr_JzXese7YsxXqciQHXk=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN34WShOXUAhWjJMAKHVMnDWkQ7AkIMg&biw=375&bih=628 for pin outs for Denso alternator connections. You could also check the connections from the original alternator and the one you intend to fit and work it out from there.

If you're still stumped then I have a pal whose business it is to rebuild these. I can ask him. Don't assume the wiring colours on the wires you have are correct from one to the other, though of course they may be. Check first as any smoke that escapes is very hard to collect and get back in again.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Rich I will let you know if I get really stuck, but I will be careful not to let that expensive smoke escape! :lol:

Wish I still had the other one parked here really so I could compare the 2. :doh:

I've got 4 days off now to play with the 78, so hopefully I will get on to the electrics in a few days. :dance:

Want to finish the interior first then do all the mechanical work and finish the exhaust off, then try and get the thing running and driving. :icon-cool:

Insurance company have booked in the windscreen company to come Monday. :dance:

Fingers crossed I'm correct in thinking its the same screen as a Troopy as thats what I told them. :pray:

Coming along nicely Ben, great to see it coming together as an "as-new" truck, instead of a collection of used parts.

Really good work there :thumbup:

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Day 4 of my 4 days on the build today and I've been putting in some huge hours, 12-14 hour days! :sleeping-sleep:

Had a few dramas and the project is likely to be delayed a bit now after I discovered some damage I hadnt expected. :doh:

Will get an update up in a day or 2 when I go back to work for a break and have some time to kill. ;)

Ben, Lord knows what's going on with those duplicate pics. Had a look but I think it might need a Crispin! I can select and delete, it just won't let me save the changes

Ben, Lord knows what's going on with those duplicate pics. Had a look but I think it might need a Crispin! I can select and delete, it just won't let me save the changes

It's a common problem too Chris, I've had a stray at the end of a post today, couldn't get rid of it, and I've noticed it happen to others on occasions.

It would be good to find a cure, if there is one...

Oh no, don't like the talk of damage ...Hope not too bad

Update time. :dance:

I cleaned more parts ready to refit to the car.

First the center cubby box/rear heater enclosure.

IMG_1383_zpsuowilcuz.jpg

And got it fitted.

IMG_1384_zps1lgt55qp.jpg

IMG_1385_zpsoegontmy.jpg

IMG_1386_zpssgrziiga.jpg

Cleaned all the air ducting pipes from under the dash.

IMG_1387_zpsorbibjvv.jpg

IMG_1388_zpstrcye32k.jpg

And a few other bits and pieces.

IMG_1389_zpscnpdbefj.jpg

IMG_1390_zpsf5e7n59o.jpg

Got them all fitted.

IMG_1392_zpssnrg7k2n.jpg

IMG_1394_zpsccm6drqx.jpg

Along with the instrument cluster.

IMG_1393_zpsgwrfqwao.jpg

Next I needed to fit an extra handle to the A pillar on the passenger side, to help my Mrs get in and out of the vehicle.

Toyota saw fit to install one on the drivers side and its handy for getting into the vehicle with.

IMG_1395_zps611qvhjx.jpg

But they never fitted one on the passenger side. :doh:

IMG_1396_zpswotmoi6q.jpg

Luckily I kept the one I added to LJ on the passenger side, before I sold the body.

IMG_1397_zpsxvb5fl3m.jpg

Sadly theres no captive nuts already in the pillar on that side so I would need to add some.

Positioned a magnet on the pillar to catch the swarf and then I carefully used a step drill to add some holes.

IMG_1399_zpsjvaoat9d.jpg

Dug out my trusty rivnut tool which does all the way up to M12!

Fitted the M8 mandrel into it and found some M8 rivnuts.

IMG_1398_zpsboqfl2bh.jpg

Fitted the rivnuts into the pillar.

IMG_1400_zpsojmvllzy.jpg

And bolted on the handle.

IMG_1401_zps4ntehgwg.jpg

Next I removed the speaker mount that I wasnt happy with.

IMG_1402_zpsf0ibl0o3.jpg

IMG_1403_zps5gkpqfhq.jpg

Removed some of the staples.

IMG_1404_zpsf3ithz3z.jpg

Picked up a decent glue gun from Bunnings.

IMG_1405_zpsgtpdqoqc.jpg

Re-attached the vinyl, this time with some glue around the edge for a perfect crease free finish.

IMG_1406_zpsahgtjclj.jpg

IMG_1407_zpsymvwuudr.jpg

While I had the glue gun out I also stuck the insulation onto the back of the 2 front footwell side covers, as I'd had to remove it so I could clean the plastics.

IMG_1408_zpsc7px516g.jpg

IMG_1409_zpsbqskqeen.jpg

IMG_1410_zpsvehperr2.jpg

One side has the fuse box cover.

IMG_1411_zpsklqpyaiz.jpg

And the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) 70's got something a bit different that fitted into these 2 clips.

IMG_1412_zps1a9jx18y.jpg

What fits into these brackets is something that would be damn near impossible for me to export out of Japan, if I was even allowed to buy any over there! :shifty:

10 points to whoever can guess what fits in the bracket! ;)

IMG_1413_zpsr44r4buo.jpg

Back to the build.......

I needed to un-solder the speaker wires off the door speakers as the wires wernt long enough to go to the head unit and solder on new longer wires.

IMG_1414_zpslwsqui4f.jpg

IMG_1415_zpsty4lnt0p.jpg

That passenger door card could then go back on.

IMG_1416_zpsjxdih5a2.jpg

IMG_1417_zpshqdjtmbh.jpg

Much better!

IMG_1418_zpswd8cmfws.jpg

Drivers side next.

IMG_1419_zpshtazpxjx.jpg

I needed to sort the speaker mount out on this one.

IMG_1420_zpsaiu36h68.jpg

But I also needed to try and repair the damage on the top of the door card.

IMG_1421_zpsm6vztqvo.jpg

IMG_1422_zpsvfkjx51l.jpg

Luckily I had a spare KZJ70 door card that I brought over with me from the UK 4.5 years ago.

IMG_1422_zpsvfkjx51l.jpg

It wasnt ideal but it had enough grey vinyl on it to repair my damaged one.

IMG_1423_zps44zi4yts.jpg

First I bent all the clips back that hold the top chrome trim on.

IMG_1424_zps3gbvwd2j.jpg

And removed the trim.

IMG_1425_zpswcyghefm.jpg

Next I carefully cut the vinyl I needed off the donor door card.

IMG_1427_zps7xudkaft.jpg

Then I cut off the damaged section on the 78 door card, deciding to go back right to the end to avoid having too many joins.

IMG_1428_zpsv54b64iy.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsjllj2yot.jpg

Needed to remove the damaged foam underlay.

IMG_1430_zpsctsymele.jpg

Cut it out and rust treated the bare rusty metal.

IMG_1431_zps020vr5rm.jpg

Cut a new piece of foam to stick on.

IMG_1432_zps3ijmdmzx.jpg

Found an old tin of contact adhesive.

IMG_1433_zpss2e7cw4x.jpg

And got ready to stick these bits on.

IMG_1434_zpsyeraytfc.jpg

Stuck the foam on.

IMG_1435_zpsbtfspnjp.jpg

And left the vinyl to sit for a while so the contact adhesive could go tacky.

IMG_1436_zpsa4zynbnq.jpg

And then stuck it on.

IMG_1437_zps8lznqxuf.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsv97wk0t8.jpg

IMG_1439_zpspx8vjyeq.jpg

I couldnt get all the wrinkles out sadly, so I'm not happy with it. :doh:

But it looks a lot better and will do for now until I find a replacement door card. :shifty:

IMG_1440_zpsgeupyapj.jpg

Upholstered the speaker mount.

IMG_1441_zpsvjavwu5x.jpg

IMG_1442_zpsyowqcnkp.jpg

And attached it to the door card.

IMG_1443_zpsijidklgg.jpg

Its still bugging me. :|

IMG_1444_zpslr00er6c.jpg

I did some more work on the exhaust next.

Cut a bit off one of my mandrel bends.

IMG_1445_zpszharsu4s.jpg

Tacked the 2 bends together.

IMG_1446_zpsat7cpury.jpg

Just fusion welded them, so no filler wire, just melting the 2 metals together. :icon-cool:

IMG_1447_zpskv5lorxb.jpg

Tacked those to the other section.

IMG_1448_zpsdripxm75.jpg

Made up a bracket out of the scrap piece off a medical trolley.

IMG_1449_zpsajaoleo3.jpg

Positioned it where I wanted it and tacked the bracket in place and tacked this section of exhaust to the silencer section already on the car.

IMG_1450_zpsgfwjtd37.jpg

IMG_1452_zpsqclj5jdl.jpg

I then discovered I couldnt get the silencer section off the car with this last section attached to it, as it snaked its way around the chassis at the back. :doh:

IMG_1453_zpsrx96gvu4.jpg

I jacked the rear axle up a bit until the wheels were off the ground, but still no luck. :thumbdown:

IMG_1454_zps0mr1ob73.jpg

IMG_1455_zpscwnyilbi.jpg

I'm convinced if the 78 was on a hoist it would have come off, but as I'm a few years away from owning my own hoist and I needed to take it off to full weld it all I was snookered. :angry-screaming:

So I decided to cut the exhaust after the silencer and add another join then the rear section should be able to be removed.

Bought some more flanges.

IMG_1615_zps111jepj8.jpg

Cut through the exhaust and welded a flange onto the end of the silencer section.

IMG_1616_zpsdh3natt2.jpg

IMG_1617_zpsq1uceynh.jpg

IMG_1618_zps1clxaee8.jpg

I then refitted that section and bolted the second flange to the first one.

IMG_1619_zpsljrx9mfp.jpg

IMG_1620_zpskhlvqe2r.jpg

Positioned the rear section in place.

IMG_1621_zpsomaiz7uk.jpg

Used some plastic packers to pack it u off the chassis for clearance.

IMG_1622_zpse0denzrg.jpg

Made sure it was right at the back.

IMG_1623_zpsgfr0jfcq.jpg

And tacked the second flange to the pipe.

IMG_1624_zpsjna4gowk.jpg

Removed it and fully welded it.

IMG_1625_zpsh8tkxhza.jpg

IMG_1627_zpspqfasvwz.jpg

IMG_1628_zpsfgg2e5jz.jpg

I had to remove and scrap the bracket idea altogether as it simply wont fit on and off the car with it in position. :doh:

But I have a plan of how to make a removable bracket to fix that issue. :icon-cool:

Thats as far as I got on the exhaust, so still a little bit to do on it.

The next big job was the rear diff needed to come out to fix the leak it had between the third member and the diff casing.

I also needed to sort out the rear brakes at the same time as the handbrake was non existent.

Jacked up and wheels off.

IMG_1457_zpstoi1vewe.jpg

IMG_1458_zps8tqkvy5d.jpg

Brakes next.

IMG_1459_zpsdxptpn4v.jpg

Pads were very low.

IMG_1460_zpsyotrab8b.jpg

IMG_1461_zpsp3v4uwnw.jpg

IMG_1462_zps5wvlgg18.jpg

They were genuine ones so there is every possibility they are the originals.

IMG_1463_zpsv3oxznkt.jpg

IMG_1464_zps52hrmj8f.jpg

Caliper off.

IMG_1465_zpsj0gewyfn.jpg

Followed by the disc.

IMG_1466_zpsgdehfjo8.jpg

Which revealed the very muddy and worn hand brake shoes.

IMG_1467_zpsp2nslxr2.jpg

IMG_1468_zps0l7silst.jpg

A few more pics so I can try and remember how it all goes back together.

IMG_1469_zpsflvj6oqj.jpg

IMG_1470_zpssqy0asyi.jpg

Pulled the other side off.

IMG_1471_zpsebfvk3dq.jpg

These pads were down to the metal. :doh:

IMG_1472_zpseip1agop.jpg

IMG_1474_zpsb2cvkqbj.jpg

IMG_1475_zps7ucgrrut.jpg

Pulled the half shaft/axle out and got all the bits in boxes.

IMG_1476_zpsnltn3und.jpg

IMG_1477_zpslwxabpnp.jpg

Other axle was a bit more stubborn and needed a bash with the mallet to get it out.

IMG_1478_zpshzjyebxr.jpg

All removed and on the bench out of the way.

IMG_1479_zpslywadafv.jpg

IMG_1481_zpsfib5jffk.jpg

Splines all looked nice and straight which is good.

IMG_1480_zpswebhccya.jpg

I had thought of bolting the rear disc brake parts off my KZJ78 spare axle onto the LJ70 axle under LJ, but noticed the ends of the axle are completely different on the rear disc brake axles. :ugeek:

IMG_1482_zpsjp8u8vr9.jpg

Pulled the rear diff out next.

IMG_1483_zpsckxkqjoy.jpg

My first ever factory locking diff. :icon-cool:

IMG_1484_zpsysccckkj.jpg

IMG_1485_zpsrrokrjcb.jpg

But then disaster!

I spotted 2 broken teeth on the ring gear. :angry-screaming:

IMG_1486_zpshtb7kkvn.jpg

IMG_1487_zpseki3vgkm.jpg

IMG_1488_zpsk3abafry.jpg

IMG_1489_zpsophok4jg.jpg

Now its right at the top of the teeth and that bit doesnt really mesh with the pinion, so in theory I could leave it and it might be ok for years and cause no problems. :think:

But I cant risk that so I will need to replace the ring and pinion which isnt proving easy to find. :doh:

It turns out that the 4:8 ratio diffs run a unique ring gear that is thinner than most Toyota ring gears, its also off set slightly in the third member.

So after market gears wont fit.

I had intended to import some Nitro or Yukon ones from the states but sadly this isnt an option. :thumbdown:

This article explains the unique issue facing people with factory 4:8 8" Toyota diffs.

http://www.locktup4x4.com.au/blog/?p=390?

I lowered the rear axle down onto a trolley so I can at least move the 78 backwards and forwards unti the diff issue gets resolved.

IMG_1503_zpsntveqa8a.jpg

I did some more cleaning.

The last 2 weather strips off the front doors.

I found these scouring pads I picked up worked well for getting the blue primer off and then it was just the black paint underneath that to get off with wire wool.

I then made a start on the bump strips off the doors.

I found that by flexing them backwards and forwards I could crack a lot of the paint off. :icon-biggrin:

And then I could scrub the rest off with hot soapy water and wire wool.

Was pretty time consuming but also quite satisfying.

I've just got the long 2 off the front doors still to do.

The clear side repeaters never came with bulb holders. :doh:

So I picked one up from Supercheap that I thought might fit.

I had to file out the back of the side repeater slightly to make it fit.

Then I just needed to solder the wires to the wires connected to the 78's loom/

I've seen a few people solder over the years who really dont understand the concept of it, so I thought I'd explain how I do it.

First twist the wires together like this, I twist them over each other and then back on themselves so they are really well connected.

The biggest mistake I've seen people doing is relying on the solder to hold the wires together. That is wrong, you want a really good solid mechanical conneion first before you solder.

Then when you solder them, have the tip of the soldering iron underneath the joint and then add the solder from the top, that way it gets pulled nicely through the joint.

I really should have taken a pic of the finished soldered joint, but I forgot. :doh:

I heat shrunk over the joins and then refitted it to the car.

I just need to get one more bulb holder for the other side. :)

Sump swap next.

I drained the oil from the old engine sump.

Removed all the 10mm bolts holding it on.

And then struggled like hell for the next hour to prise the sump off. :angry-screaming:

I wont be using RTV sealant again thats for sure!

It took all these tools.

But eventually it popped off.

Next I needed to remove the oil strainer.

Compared it to my new live axle one.

Needed to clean the old RTV sealant from the bottom of the engine next.

Razer blade worked well for that.

The old IFS sump oil strainer had a stud holding it on but that wouldnt work on the new one so I had to remove the stud from the bottom of the engine and find a suitable M6 bolt.

The new oil strainer went on next.

And I applied a bead of silicon sealant to the live axle sump.

And got the sump bolted on.

Not only does the live axle sump have slightly more oil capacity its also better designed as it doesnt have a section that juts out and corrodes like the IFS sump does, pictured below.

I'm pretty sure the KJZ70's are the only Toyota 4wd with the 1KZ-TE engine to receive the live axle sump as all the other vehicles, like 4-Runner, Surf, Hi-lux, 90 and 120 series Prado and the vans that got that engine are all IFS. :ugeek:

I fitted the new genuine oil filter.

*Had to split this update because of the 200 pic limit. :doh: IMG_1444_zpslr00er6c.jpg IMG_1445_zpszharsu4s.jpg IMG_1446_zpsat7cpury.jpg IMG_1447_zpskv5lorxb.jpg IMG_1448_zpsdripxm75.jpg IMG_1449_zpsajaoleo3.jpg IMG_1450_zpsgfwjtd37.jpg IMG_1452_zpsqclj5jdl.jpg IMG_1453_zpsrx96gvu4.jpg IMG_1454_zps0mr1ob73.jpg IMG_1455_zpscwnyilbi.jpg IMG_1615_zps111jepj8.jpg IMG_1616_zpsdh3natt2.jpg IMG_1617_zpsq1uceynh.jpg IMG_1618_zps1clxaee8.jpg IMG_1619_zpsljrx9mfp.jpg IMG_1620_zpskhlvqe2r.jpg IMG_1621_zpsomaiz7uk.jpg IMG_1622_zpse0denzrg.jpg IMG_1623_zpsgfr0jfcq.jpg IMG_1624_zpsjna4gowk.jpg IMG_1625_zpsh8tkxhza.jpg IMG_1627_zpspqfasvwz.jpg IMG_1628_zpsfgg2e5jz.jpg IMG_1457_zpstoi1vewe.jpg IMG_1458_zps8tqkvy5d.jpg IMG_1459_zpsdxptpn4v.jpg IMG_1460_zpsyotrab8b.jpg IMG_1461_zpsp3v4uwnw.jpg IMG_1462_zps5wvlgg18.jpg IMG_1463_zpsv3oxznkt.jpg IMG_1464_zps52hrmj8f.jpg IMG_1465_zpsj0gewyfn.jpg IMG_1466_zpsgdehfjo8.jpg IMG_1467_zpsp2nslxr2.jpg IMG_1468_zps0l7silst.jpg IMG_1469_zpsflvj6oqj.jpg IMG_1470_zpssqy0asyi.jpg IMG_1471_zpsebfvk3dq.jpg IMG_1444_zpslr00er6c.jpg IMG_1445_zpszharsu4s.jpg IMG_1446_zpsat7cpury.jpg IMG_1447_zpskv5lorxb.jpg IMG_1448_zpsdripxm75.jpg IMG_1449_zpsajaoleo3.jpg IMG_1450_zpsgfwjtd37.jpg IMG_1452_zpsqclj5jdl.jpg IMG_1453_zpsrx96gvu4.jpg IMG_1454_zps0mr1ob73.jpg IMG_1455_zpscwnyilbi.jpg IMG_1615_zps111jepj8.jpg IMG_1616_zpsdh3natt2.jpg IMG_1617_zpsq1uceynh.jpg IMG_1618_zps1clxaee8.jpg IMG_1619_zpsljrx9mfp.jpg IMG_1620_zpskhlvqe2r.jpg IMG_1621_zpsomaiz7uk.jpg IMG_1622_zpse0denzrg.jpg IMG_1623_zpsgfr0jfcq.jpg IMG_1624_zpsjna4gowk.jpg IMG_1625_zpsh8tkxhza.jpg IMG_1627_zpspqfasvwz.jpg IMG_1628_zpsfgg2e5jz.jpg IMG_1457_zpstoi1vewe.jpg IMG_1458_zps8tqkvy5d.jpg IMG_1459_zpsdxptpn4v.jpg IMG_1460_zpsyotrab8b.jpg IMG_1461_zpsp3v4uwnw.jpg IMG_1462_zps5wvlgg18.jpg IMG_1463_zpsv3oxznkt.jpg IMG_1464_zps52hrmj8f.jpg IMG_1465_zpsj0gewyfn.jpg IMG_1466_zpsgdehfjo8.jpg IMG_1467_zpsp2nslxr2.jpg IMG_1468_zps0l7silst.jpg IMG_1469_zpsflvj6oqj.jpg IMG_1470_zpssqy0asyi.jpg IMG_1471_zpsebfvk3dq.jpg IMG_1472_zpseip1agop.jpg IMG_1474_zpsb2cvkqbj.jpg IMG_1475_zps7ucgrrut.jpg IMG_1476_zpsnltn3und.jpg IMG_1477_zpslwxabpnp.jpg

Last edited:
Back