Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking to Buy a Land Cruiser 100 Series 2003+ Automatic! Anyone selling!!

Mr.Smiles

Country Flag
uk
Dear Members,

I'm looking to buy a landcruiser 100 series, automatic. I prefer 2003, and I want wish for it to be below the 200k mark in terms of mileage.
I am based in Kent, Medway, I am happy to travel to pick it up, however, I prefer if it's closer! I am no expert in 4x4's, nor am I a mechanic or good at doing things on my own.
I am not looking to go off roading, I wish to use it locally, I might go on a long trip to Europe but generally speaking, it will be used on weekends only..
I understand that diesel engines are stronger and better at consumption, however, not sure why everyone is after diesel, and why Petrol ones, even LPG converted are still cheaper than Diesel ones. Anyhow, I'd appreciate the advise in that respect, however, I'm open to petrol/LPG as they should be economical.
I prefer the Grey, Silver and Black ones, and yes I prefer leather seats and sunroof, but I'm open to look at others. (The misses hates the maroon and green ones) ‍♂️ I personally dont have an issue, but happy wife happy life! ‍♂️

Save me from drivig 4h to Mirfield and dealing with the Cruiser King! Please

Hi

I have a J100 - sorry in Burgundy with beige leather seats, its a Petrol/LPG Amazon on a SORN ... ive been in Portugal for a while (still am till July) from memory mines done 135K is a super car, I love it, I would keep it but getting it registered here is a joke - so sale £14,000. if your interested please reply to this thread. Cheers

I understand that diesel engines are stronger and better at consumption, however, not sure why everyone is after diesel, and why Petrol ones, even LPG converted are still cheaper than Diesel ones. Anyhow, I'd appreciate the advise in that respect, however, I'm open to petrol/LPG as they should be economical.
you have answered your own question here..

I prefer the Grey, Silver and Black ones, and yes I prefer leather seats and sunroof, but I'm open to look at others. (The misses hates the maroon and green ones) ‍♂️ I personally dont have an issue, but happy wife happy life! ‍♂️
happy wife happy life is a complete myth.. there are nearly 4 billion woman on this planet, not so many decent 2003 100 series land cruisers. :icon-wink:

you are not buying a new car here, ive seen plenty of 2003 100s rotten underneath.
dont let a colour preference put you off a better motor..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The boat fender in the boot may not be a good omen for the underside.

Oil pressure is a bit low on tickover, maybe its got 5W30 in it (I use 10W40).

Bodywork looks good on top - pity no pics of the underside.

Bob.

I see they’re trying the old ’spare or repairs’ sales trick.

@Dave yes I asked him why is it spares or repairs but I never got a straight answer. What's that about? The car looks too good to be taken apart!

@flint I have just checked, when asking the seller about photos of the underside, he said it's been professionally protected, and did not send me photos.. just had a look at the MOT history.. not sure what to think! Maybe it's best I left it... thank you for the advice, it's an eye opener, the history shows that the car may have not been looked after properly in the past...

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220520-090155_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220520-090155_Chrome.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
@whereisgibson @karl2000
The list of advisories started popping up from 2012 or so.. to me, it looks like its owners did not look after it much.. it's a shame, this colour is my favourite, and the car's interior looks great.. all the other similar ones are nearly double the price.. maybe I'll just wait until I have enough money to afford a healthier one similar to that!

Thank you all for the advice!!

Don't give up your quest for what you want as has been mentioned the prices seem to be levelling out and more than likely are going to come down and with the media induced panic with high prices and rising costs it should soon be a buyers market rather than a sellers market and if you see one that is a bit far from you just ask if a member is willing to have a looksee for you questions don't cost mistakes do

@SteveJB thank you for your msg, knowing how I admire this car, I will definitely keep looking at them... I will indeed keep looking at the prices too, as you said, maybe the market will change because of this panic spreading media. Again, thank you for your sound advice!

Back