Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Hilux Build

looking very good, very smart! Puppy? does she go with you in the kayak?

Expensive table lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Indeed it was David, more than our house kitchen table :)

But soooo much quicker to setup than our previous roll-top table
And stows out of the way too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking very good, very smart! Puppy? does she go with you in the kayak?

No jet doesn't go in kayaks - no space in a seakayak except for in stowage compartments which would be very cruel
A friend takes his collie on a Canadian canoe and on sit on top kayak

Might see if she will sit in my new bike tailer I will tow behind mountain bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some friends who would take 2 springer spaniels in a canoe; the problem was that they realised it was great for getting closer to the ducks, normally just before they launched themselves onto the unsuspecting ducks, and unsettled the canoe.

Another friend has trained his black lab to work as ballast in the canoe on up to grade 3 whitewater...

where did the roller bearings come from?

eBay

Standard bearings,, bought in packs of 10 from a place selling them for skateboards
I cannot remember bearing sizes
I think I listed them somewhere back in this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well having the Kampa geyser got water/shower system run off the shurflo pump didn't work well, too much water wastage getting the water hot even with a valve on pipe work to restrict flow. Going to use the the original pump next time and chuck that in a bucket and recirculate the water to get it upto temperature in future.

Fitted a cargo net in roof of cab

From rock and road 4x4

Www.rocknroad4x4.com
Excellent service from Brad

uze2e2u9.jpg

sy2e5yqy.jpg

yzu4a6a7.jpg

sada3ajy.jpg

y7aza5ug.jpg

I like that could do with one in WUGG

I've been looking at their roof rack one. Just not quite the right size for me.

Chris, that's no problem. None of his off shelf options were correct size I wanted. So I talked to him and got one made to size and number of anchor points I wanted.
Rear two mounts fit to roof with rivnuts, where there is a hollow brace. Front fit to grab handle mount. I have rear roof curtain airbags to had to take care where I positioned the net

Yes I could see that Andy. I want one for outside. Not inside. I'm just not quite sure how much stuff I want to strap down yet. They are adjustable but you still need some kind of idea.

Andy,

How you getting on with the truck itself? I'm looking at a quadcab for work, tbh the Amarok is dead smart, but £££, and the HiLux appeals cos its Mr.T.

The 2.5's come with a locking rear diff, but the Invincible 3.0 has traction control, so no rear lock.....has this been an issue for you?

Pete

Hi Pete

The hilux has been good, I enjoy driving it on and off road , see my report in green lanes section.

The hilux has done all the obstacles I did in Wugg the Colorado where I needed to lock the rear diff, and the hilux traction control certainly kicked in on the same obstacles.
So on that basis no rear locker is no issue for me.
In general the Colorado was better for green laning due to shorter wheel base and tighter turning circle.

Fitted a aluminium roof storage box today. From N&J in clitheroe. Where I got my canopy from.
In hindsight might have gone for slightly lower back end, but then would not have had room for gas bottles inside it. It is actually same height overall as rear off roof tent.
Waffle boards fit inside nicely and fowwing poles and side panels.

eqavara8.jpg

5e9e6yve.jpg

y6egerah.jpg

If the symmetry is bothering you why not push the RRT forwards and put the ally box on the back?

Love the truck Andy :icon-cool:

So the box is gone and sold, I made a lower profile rack/basket with spoiler on front, so it fits in with shape of the maggiolina roof tent. Got it back from powercoaters yesterday. Test fitted with waffle board holder. Have since fitted spot lights that were fitted to underside of the box.

8e63682bd8befc45ad2d6aa77129ab68.jpg

067a6cea0ff6c99e7c874e3a03ce5059.jpg

ed64a97603a8a448aacb25cd88859467.jpg

Oh very nice Andy. Yep, good move.

Back