Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

Well TBH the GBP 6.40 you would have saved is small change compared with the work you've accomplished today Chris ("not much" though it may seem) :lol:

All good stuff, and why rush it mate...? Perfection (or something close) comes at a price and has time implications.

Remember I have twin tanks Clive. That's more like £12.40

Those vouchers would be nice here after currency conversion, with a 325L combined capacity. I could by a carton of beer with that.

With a 20p off a litre voucher, and a long range tank, I saved £19.45 on a fill up at the weekend, brought the price down to 102.9p a litre for diesel. I won't run the Merc on supermarket fuel, but the older simpler engines in our era of vehicles will run most fuels. That said the brother in laws 6 month old Audi broke down last week, the cause? Poor quality supermarket unleaded, upset the fuel system!

Chris, apologises for taking your thread further off topic. Watching the EFS suspension progress with interest. Keep up the good work.

Powder coating's been done. So we know what that means for the weekend ......

Oh yes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bloody hell. Not even picked them up yet.

Ok Ladies, hmmm, fresh from the coater. And only £30

Coated ARBS.JPGHoly Hockey Stix.JPG

That the leading arms roll bars, stirrup brackets and adjustable panhards. I feel a session coming on.

What's that underneath? Why it's my new racking to go into the unit. I'm going to have enough room to dance soon. Not that I will be dancing. Let's not be daft.

Fantastic DC. Not that I have a clue what that means. But thanks all the same. Welcome to the forum.

Nearly there now. Just wating to correct an 'oops' moment on a couple of bits and I can get the suspension finalised. Yes! Then the new RTT comes mid December. Toying with new roof rack at that time but waiting til the tent comes I think. Then hopefully I can put it to bed for the Winter under cover til Spring. Got slider / steps to make. Errm, then a few bits and pieces like the safe and finish a table storage device. Might swap the secondary spilt charge too. Don't liek the Nat Lunar timer style over the voltage sensing ones.

Introoduce yourself dubbinchris in the appropriate section. Always to have new American friends. Especially if they also like huntin, shootin and fishin'.

Introoduce yourself dubbinchris in the appropriate section. Always to have new American friends. Especially if they also like huntin, shootin and fishin'.

I will go ahead and do that. I don't own an 80 yet, but I'm pretty sure I will in a week or two. I certainly like the outdoors but prefer to enjoy nature the way it is, as opposed to killing it and brining it home with me. I camp, rock climb, mountain bike, ski, hike, backpack, etc.

I don't kill everything I see. I'd rather eat something I'd shot that buy it on a styrofoam tray. Camping's great too. I'd love to do some trails on the quad, camping along the way. That would be awesome.

I'm left with a mental image of Chris behind the wheel of the Grey Ghost, and a trail of dead bodies in its wake :lol:

Got quite a bit done today but not much to show for it visually. Got all four anti roll bar stirrup brackets off without snapping a single bolt. Now that is an achievement.

Lifted the front of the truck and removed the spings, put new ones in and the new dampers.

P1010691.JPG

P1010692.JPG

Thought I had a pic with the damper in. Do that tmorrow. The springs are massive but feel nice and springy. With the dampers in as well, it's solild. even with my weight behind it. Errm, I shall have to wait iuntil the wheels are on and we're on the road. I think it's cured the height issue.

.................. I think it's cured the height issue.

That was the plan, yes? :think:

Although the the audience is somewhat limited in offering an educated opinion given THERE'S NOT ENOUGH BL***Y PHOTOS......!!!!!

Crispin, is there not some rule in the by-laws that refers to a balanced relationship between text and photos?

:icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Right. Just pictures today.

Spring and shocjk.JPG

Rear spring.JPG

Rear shock.JPG

Anti roll.JPG

Collar.JPG

Rod.JPG

Oooh another package from Oz today. Couldn't resist. Had to go in the cave and get started.

Pressed the new SuperPro bushes in. They are very superior to the typical split orange plastic ones we get here. Not cheap but a superb fit.

IMG_0940.JPG

Got the right caster correction plates. Looky they fit proper Daddy.

IMG_0941.JPG

If it's dry tomorrow, I shall be on the drive. Lots of new parts to go on. With some luck and a following wind, I shall be wheelin' again by the weekend.

Tiny tea mugs in your neck of the woods Chris. Wouldn't do in Scotland, oh no ...

Hey, mind your own business. This is a thread for 80 owners only.

Back