Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

Steady Chas, next you'll be saying nice things about the French.

You of all people should remember Agincourt :teasing-neener:

Be careful, that's all I'm saying. it's a slippery slope you know.

It was Agincourt that decided the height an archery target should be set at, - The height of a Frenchmans heart.

Chas, it's certainly nice of you to openly recognise our family lineage. We rarely see our brethren of the Mother Land mention their DNA links with us mere bread thieves. But as Chris suggests, such an open arms attitude may have you liking the French next so best not get carried away?
But good to have a nice discussion on the side whilst we await certain pix.
I guess we could broach the subject of astrophysicist's hypothesis on the cosmological constant of dark energy and ever increasing rate of universal expansion, and therefore how much time we have left on earth before it gets pulled apart from the gravitational acceleration forces, and whether will Chris get his suspension fitted in time.....

No rush....... :whistle:

Dark energy, ahh you missed that thread then. We determined that all of that would remain in balance as long as we played AC/DC and Deep Purple alternately turned up to 11.

Look it's wet outside. I'm not rushing to fit this. I'm having the first rest in 5 years. OK so I feel guilty but at least I am dry and warm. If it dries up I might do a bit of tinkering later. But until I can get things like the PH rods powder coated there's little point fitting the springs etc.

Chas, it's certainly nice of you to openly recognise our family lineage. We rarely see our brethren of the Mother Land mention their DNA links with us mere bread thieves. :whistle:
I've been down there and welcomed like a brother Chris, and forget the bread nicking, I can spring you a few bob if you're a bit short mate. :icon-wink:

All good Chris, just enjoying fishing. Getting some little nibbles it seems.
oh and thank you Chas, knew I could rely on you if short a little dough.
Im off now to let a few belly laughs escape. Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, been out. All fitted. Just realised I forgot to take any pictures :whistle::eusa-liar:

Yeah, that and LYING, Chas.

Too many things to comment on.. Looks absolutely brilliant :) Everything.. Down to the last intricate machined perfect detail..
Maaaybe it's time for me to stop playing with the toy car (BMW) and get my cruiser mojo back on. Start with fitting the illusive triple inner axle oil seals ;)
Keep it up Chris! You're the inspiration..

Yes well I am sure once the SA postal strike comes to and end (when the booze runs out) you'll have my seals in the mail along with my fuel gauge. Or just bring them when you come to stay mate.

I am going down in march chris if you need something collecting from SA dought i will get to capetown but can sort something out.

Cheers Stu. Thanks but it's something Matt and I have going on. It's nothing really.

Errr, Guys........

Think I have cured the rubbing problem.

This is unloaded, all tanks empty, so it will drop a little. But WOW it's mahoosive. Before you ask, no I haven't measured anything. Before it was too low and now it isn't. That's all I need to know.

P1010688.JPG

This is just the rear springs, went in dead easy using the engine crane. Std 2" lift IM shockers still in there at the second. It's dark and horrible out there. Next weekend I might finish it off if the PH rods come back. Bot brake lines to do etc etc. also took the ARBs off and got them being blasted too. Front and rear raduis arms to come off and be treated and all new bushes in. So it's not going to be a quick job this. Jumping up and down on the rear bumper it feels good. Not rock hard. Going to pull the rear bumper off now and get that t the coater as well.

Hey, Blakemore, happy now???? Well, eh??

Haha....,yes Chris :thumbup:
Great to see progress and that its a case of 'so far so good'.
And of course at a rate of 3 weeks per component, you've got me locked in to look for updates right up to Christmas.

Well done mate. :icon-biggrin:

Well you may just be in luck, because guess what.... It's SUNNY.

OK I can't do everything today as I have some parts to fetch, but I'll get some bits slapped on.

A bit of a difference there Chris, can't wait to see the front go in ....

P1010244.JPG
P1010688.JPG

Up, up and away...:lol:

Yes ans remember that this in on 35's. It would look ridiculous on 32's. I wanted to get it on its springs today so I could go and fill up at Tesco and get my 8p / L off. But despite the sunshine this is actually as far as I got. If anyone say, oh that's not much, let me tell you. Getting 20 year old radius arms off and pressing the bushes out is not a half hour job! Think I will get them blasted and coated now. Makes sense whilst they're off.

front arms out.JPG

Back