Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

But when crossing Europe, you'll want to use it in all the countries you pass through, which is effectively only one, called Europe, no?

Isn't that supposed to be the way it works, like European insurance?
Hmmm, I can't help thinking we may encounter a little more resistance when we tell 'em where we come from as the Brexit wound hasn't finished receiving its daily dose of salt yet.

But when crossing Europe, you'll want to use it in all the countries you pass through, which is effectively only one, called Europe, no?

Isn't that supposed to be the way it works, like European insurance?
Unsure. Would be good to confirm. Also, since the license says its valid in the EU, we might not be able to get an IDP at all.

I typically get the IDP for India and have had one for Peru about 3 yrs back. Not many people seem to care these days, although I am sure everyone still issues it.

Lots of countries these days also just let visitors drive rentals for a few months ( and upto 1 yr if becoming resident ).

We'll be fine. Just say "parlevous doitch" and they'll never know

1. Other rules/requirements in Romania

It is against the law to drive a dirty car.
Ummm

Hmmm, I can't help thinking we may encounter a little more resistance when we tell 'em where we come from as the Brexit wound hasn't finished receiving its daily dose of salt yet.

Don't think that's gonna be a problem Rich, even when Rule 50 kicks in (or whatever it's called). Nobody here seems to give a toss. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
  1. Other rules/requirements in Romania

It is against the law to drive a dirty car.
Ummm

This is a load of crap and nobody seems to know where it's come from. The rules are the same all over, your windows must be clean and your reg plates must be readable.

You may notice, when you come, all fuel stations here have buckets of soapy water and squeegees so you have no excuse. Use them on all your vehicle glass, lights, and the number plates and you'll have no bother.

My truck is stinking sometimes after an off-road w/e and then I drive in the city center with no bother, till I hit the car-wash.

It's a bit like saying all Brits have tea at 5:00pm...

WTF :lol:

I was merely quoting from the AA!
Don't do tea either Clive. Ugh.

I was merely quoting from the AA!
Don't do tea either Clive. Ugh.

I/we love tea, but any time is tea time in our house.

So Nick, if you have a preference to a particular coffee, (or other drink) let us know.

I rarely drink coffee at home and then it's only Nescafé Red Lable if I do. Aura can't drink any coffee, she ends up with palpitations if she does :lol:

We normally have "Romanian" coffee in stock, but I think that's an acquired taste... meaning ugh!

I will have a stash of Nescafé with me.
No ones mentioned your bribe for having us. I remember reading you like sausages? Any other things we can bring over?

I will have a stash of Nescafé with me.
No ones mentioned your bribe for having us. I remember reading you like sausages? Any other things we can bring over?
Beat me to it Nick! We can't all bring sausages…… or can we? :)
I know Canadian cousins miss our chocolate so cases got filled when we visited.

Well I wanna try my fridge freezer! Still waiting for the bloody battery to turn up!!!

btw, there is something about spare bulbs as well - unsure if thats something they check for or not, but if there is a bulb out ( headlight, side light, indicator ) they expect you to not move the car till its been fixed.

that is not an IDP - it just looks like a translation service of some sorts ?
Ah, yes, I didn't read it properly, I just googled international driving license and that popped up. :icon-redface:

OK, as for bribes, any U.K. type sausages and/or unsmoked bacon is always welcomed.

Of course, if you have any personal favorites of anything, I suggest you bring it with you, it's unlikely to be on offer here. Breakfast cereals and the like are generally available, but probably not the brands you're accustomed to.

Chocolate is not an urgency, we can get Milka here, but not Cadbury's or our favorite Galaxy, but I get them regularly every time I go to Istanbul, Oman or Qatar.

We finished off Chas' more than generous supply of bacon and bangers just before Christmas, so they did well to last that long TBH :lol:.

We get Lipton Yellow Label (breakfast) tea here and we drink that at home.

Lipton Earl Grey is available in the shops (although we don't like or stock it). Let us know and we'll get it in stock if you want it.

Nick, we can get chicken wings, to save you hauling tons of them... :eusa-naughty:

Sausages , unsmoked bacon and galaxy. Galaxy could be a problem. I like galaxy. I can see myself buying a load the week before the trip and arriving with a couple of wrappers!

Ps. I do eat other stuff, just I dunno how well an oven pizza will turn out on my Coleman.

Back