Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

So here's my plan

3.5 hours from Calais and camp here http://www.aachen-camping.de/index-gb.html

6.5 hours and camp here https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/g...bayerwald_am_donautal/#CheckAvailabilityPanel

8.5 HOURS and camp here http://routeroemenie.nl/en/contact

Which leaves me about 6 hours from Clive's mansion .

Day one for me starts with a 5 hour drive to Dover hence the short hop . And the 8.5 hours is far from ideal but the only campsite i can find before that is nudist , besides which i recall nothing endearing about Hungary at all .

This may not work for everyone but maybe we could all hook up at the second campsite so i can get a ferry a day before everyone else ?

I'm happy just to follow, Your first campsite says its in a low emission zone if that makes a difference to anything. How long is the boat crossing, been a while since i've been on it, couple of hours?
I'm a couple of hours from Dover, if its still dark outside, daytime who knows.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen that low emission thing Nick but i had intended to fire off a few emails when we have some solid dates . I allow 2 hours for the ferry to include sitting in the car park waiting to board .

Well I finish work on the 18th of august (friday) was hoping to leave on the saturday and then arrive home two weeks later on 2nd of september, allowing for a day of chores before going to work on the monday. Other than that I've put no thought into as i'm a bit of a sheep when it comes to planning stuff and was waiting for a shepherd to plan my holiday for me :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If it made any difference you and Helen would be welcome to stop over at ours though that probably adds time rather than helps. There's camp sites around Lake Balaton in Hungary which we found to be a very nice area. Different towns with different atmospheres around the lake. Touristy and very busy in August.

Otherwise, I'll take a look at those sites and the itinerary sounds pretty reasonable to me not having done it before. :)

Shayne, your're in charge unless Chas has a bigger stick than you!

The boat is about an hour Nick. This may be a sticking point for Lynn. If the channel's rough I may need to dart her as she gets in the car!

Tell her shes lucky, i get carsick.

Lynn, with food never too far from her mind, has just asked what you normally do about food on the trip. Do you take food, buy it on the way, are you totally self sufficient, eat locally or a mixture of both?

Tell her shes lucky, i get carsick.
Good job you're in a truck then. :)

…what, even when you're driving?
So, what are you like on a ferry then? Lynn is leaning towards us going on the tunnel.

I figured it was fry ups n barbie. Lunch is whatever we find but I don't actually know.

Good job your in a truck then. :)

…what, even when you're driving?
So, what are you like on a ferry then? Lynn is leaning towards us going on the tunnel.
no i'm fine driving, hate being a passenger! Last time i was on a boat was from portsmouth to bilbaoa and back. 3 days of hell. Hour on a boat don't matter whatever its like, its only an hour or two

Might there be chicken involved Nick?
possibly. I might mix it up a lil bit and pack some burgers too. I can't see myself filling the fridge up unless i chuck bottles of water in it.

Is this sauce of yours a Nick thang or is the recipe publically available? Just wondering in case we need to look out for you on Dragons Den with a guitar.

Is this sauce of yours a Nick thang or is the recipe publically available? Just wondering in case we need to look out for you on Dragons Den with a guitar.
Im afraid i googled it, not my creation. I did once create chicken nugget pizza, that was good but nothing compared to Stella gravy.

Back