Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Lynn, with food never too far from her mind, has just asked what you normally do about food on the trip. Do you take food, buy it on the way, are you totally self sufficient, eat locally or a mixture of both?

Helen and i did the trip last year with a quilt and a jetboil and a fishing bait bag with tea coffee milk and sugar in it . I could leave right this very minute and i am certain i would be absolutely fine so long as i didn't forget my cash card .

Helen and i did the trip last year with a quilt and a jetboil and a fishing bait bag with tea coffee milk and sugar in it . I could leave right this very minute and i am certain i would be absolutely fine so long as i didn't forget my cash card .
This is exactly true, just depends how you ( not you in particular) want to go about getting there. I'm looking forward to the journey, a couple nights camping, bbqs and fryups. As has been pointed out to me by colleagues it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just fly there but wheres the fun in that?

Shayne, your're in charge unless Chas has a bigger stick than you!
I was planning on leaving the UK on the 16th and heading for a campsite we stayed at last year, you know Shayne the one with the bar that stayed open for us, I don't have their address or website but it is plotted on my SatNav, I do have another one that was a good site right next to a lake. Plotted but no address.

I'm happy just to follow, Your first campsite says its in a low emission zone if that makes a difference to anything.
It means you have to have a Green Sticker to enter the area.

It's a slog Nick make no mistake but on this our third trip i would like to see the actual drive diluted with some proper down time . To while away a few hours under a tree with a campfire each evening would make it perfect but as we know life's not like that .

For me , due to past experience , the priority is given to having a firm destination at the start of each new day and a clock that count's down all the way to it .

The one place we found without a plan was more or less a carpark with a tap . Another had a hole in the ground and no door for a toilet and a broken pipe on a stage in front of the entire campsite audience for a shower :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you going to set off ahead of us then Chas because Nick is at work until the 19th ?

I'm going to get my satnav now and plug it into the com , see if i can find that happy German beer camp :thumbup:

I'm liking yoy
It's a slog Nick make no mistake but on this our third trip i would like to see the actual drive diluted with some proper down time . To while away a few hours under a tree with a campfire each evening would make it perfect but as we know life's not like that .

For me , due to past experience , the priority is given to having a firm destination at the start of each new day and a clock that count's down all the way to it .

The one place we found without a plan was more or less a carpark with a tap . Another had a hole in the ground and no door for a toilet and a broken pipe on a stage in front of the entire campsite audience for a shower :lol:
I'm liking your plan Shayne, just hoping you're available for the guided tour of Europe. LOngest i've driven with one piss stop was fribourg in switzerland back to home, but that was in the beemer which is motorway mile muncher. Having a bit of an evening sounds good to me.

Just plugged the satnav in and it says 3 hours 37 minutes worth of updates available !

Not sure about guided tour Nick its like 700 miles on the M4 with a few diversions to reach a campsite . That's why i think its important to set off early each morning and hopefully arrive at the campsite each evening with daylight to spare giving us a few hours to wind down before bed .

Sounds good to me chap :)
Updates, yay!

is it like paying the congestion charge for a day?
I don't have any details but I think it's more like the vignettes you need for some roads which can be bought at M way services maybe the green stickers are the same. :confusion-confused:

I don't have any details but I think it's more like the vignettes you need for some roads.
Ah ok. I had something like that for Switzerland.

I don't know if it applies to Germany but i just found this tho shalt not fart zone checker https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/lez-lez-vehicle-checker-35896

And below is my result

Black TOYOTA LANDCRUISER COLORADO GXTD
No charge due for this vehicle

This vehicle either meets the required emission standards, is exempt from the scheme or is subject to a 100% discount.

Question is do we need a bumper sticker that says haha i'm exempt from Nazi persecution :banana-fingers:...........................

or something similar :eusa-whistle::confusion-shrug:

The motorway can't be included so it just means finding another campsite outside of the leper colony . I think we spent the first night in Belgium last year and the camp was quite literally just off the main road .

Back