Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

I've booked this one, early enough so that that hopefully theres no traffic, late enough that i dont have to get up at twat o'clock and early enough to do plenty of driving when on the other side.
Travel summary
Folkestone to Calais
Sat 19th August 2017

Standard
Dep 07:50, Arr 09:25£81.00

Calais to Folkestone
Sat 2nd September 2017

Standard
Dep 19:50, Arr 19:25£81.00

Vehicle details
Car over 6ft / 1.85m
Insurance
Travel Insurance

Sat 19 Aug - Sat 02 Sepx 1 Adult
Package total£27.25
Total£189.25
Nick, you have a travelling companion, all done and dusted. we're on holiday :dance: :auto-car:

Here Rich remember that vid Nick posted earlier on in this thread and i said i don't think we have been there but it all seems familiar anyway ? well i just chanced upon this one

Here Rich remember that vid Nick posted earlier on in this thread and i said i don't think we have been there but it all seems familiar anyway ? well i just chanced upon this one

Yep, a bit slow responding to this, but that panorama was taken either by me or Ram, from the roof of my truck.

It's what I call the "Ridge Run" and I hope you regulars (Chas & Shayne) won't mind doing it again for the benefit of Rich & Lynne and our very own "Mr November 2016" Nick :icon-biggrin:

While this thread is revived for a moment, I want to re-confirm the dates as 20/08/17 to 02/09/17.

These are Sunday to Saturday so can I presume arrivals at our place will likely be on Monday 21/08/17 and departures on (or before) Friday 01/09/17?

We shall be there from Friday evening 18/08/17 so well in advance of arrivals.

Aura will be going to Israel departing on the evening of 28/08/17 so we'll have to manage the last 2 or so days without her :icon-biggrin: (somehow...)

Chas and I are booked on the choo choo train Saturday morning on the 19/8/17 and returning on the choo choo train in the evening of the 2/9/17. I can't really say whats happening in the middle, baaa!

Aura will be going to Israel departing on the evening of 28/08/17 so we'll have to manage the last 2 or so days without her :icon-biggrin: (somehow...)

There will be no parties though :think: unless she can take Helen with her :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas and I are booked on the choo choo train Saturday morning on the 19/8/17 and returning on the choo choo train in the evening of the 2/9/17. I can't really say whats happening in the middle, baaa!
:text-goodpost: :text-woo:

:lol: Me neither Nick :icon-biggrin:

Hi to all viewing this page, We went to our first proper Cruiser meet over the last weekend & were planning on joining this trip later in the year, However now we,ve met Nick........decided not to go!!
No, only kidding Nick :grinning:
What a smashing bunch of people, all of you.
Sadly the trip is not for us though, too far for our first adventure abroad, so our wishes for a safe trip for all those that make it
Roger & Julia

Hi Roger i understand your concern because i suffered the same doubt's about heading to Romania on my first ever trip .

Then i asked myself , am i not going to do another 2000 miles in my truck just doing the daily ? Obviously i was and i expected my truck to cope with it as a matter of course so what difference does it make if i do it over a fortnight or a month or two .

Make no mistake its a road trip to and fro , breakdown cover , a sleeping bag and money for food and fuel is all the essentials covered .

Hi to all viewing this page, We went to our first proper Cruiser meet over the last weekend & were planning on joining this trip later in the year, However now we,ve met Nick........decided not to go!!
No, only kidding Nick :grinning:
What a smashing bunch of people, all of you.
Sadly the trip is not for us though, too far for our first adventure abroad, so our wishes for a safe trip for all those that make it
Roger & Julia
That's just nice, I could have run the Mrs over but instead shamefully let myself get stuck in the ruts. :)
I'm just too kind.
Ps. Nice to meet you

Just find me a Transylvania sign post for a selfie!
You won't beat my selfie, a minefield in Croatia.

Minefield in Croatia.JPG

It's our first ever road trip camping. Up until last year I didn't know one end of a tent from the other.

Give it some thought Roger. Theres a good group of us going this year. The only regrets we have are the chances we didn't take.

On this theme, there's plenty of room for 2 more, and you're more than welcome anytime Roger :thumbup:

Yeah C'mon Roger, Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour and catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream and discover.
~ Mark Twain

getting there can be boring, all main roads, but the main roads end at Clives then the fun begins.

Yeah C'mon Roger, Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour and catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream and discover.
~ Mark Twain

getting there can be boring, all main roads, but the main roads end at Clives then the fun begins.

That's a very romantic way to put it Chas, you should write a book :lol:

TBH the "main" road stops at the Hungary/Romanian border, after that it's like stepping back in time about 70 years :lol:

It wakes your pioneering spirit, this place, the simplest of things can be a challenge, but there's nothing that should put you off coming, it's all in the name of good fun and something a bit different, and you'll be amongst friends when you get here, as well as Nick :laughing-rolling:

I drove to romania in a battered old cavalier many years ago whilst living in germany. My gf was romanian and i went to see her parents, they were well off by romanian standards and had the romanian equivalent of wogan round for dinner, tel had much better dress sense though..

would love to revisit one day..

Back