Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Not 100% relevant to the thread, but they are visiting us and it is 2017:

Sam (member name "Bakkies") and his passenger Graig, called in on Saturday morning and we had a couple of nice runs out in the on-and-off rain and showers.

Perfect gents and great company as Saffers are, and a good time had by all...

Saturday took us along the ridge...

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

And Sunday we headed towards the Pestera cave, but time ran out.

As it happened, we met with another off-roader giving a guided tour to a Dutch group, and he led us up a new run to me, short but rather fun, to a high vantage point overlooking the Bolboci reservoir.

Thanks to Lucian's kindness and his very smartly turned out and capable Mitzi...
IMG_9870.JPG

IMG_9873.JPG

IMG_9875.JPG

Craig on the right next to Aura...

IMG_9879.JPG

The reservoir doing a disappearing trick in the mist and cloud...

IMG_9881.JPG

Some vids from Sunday.

The climb

Us and the Dutch group on top

The descent

The track from the dam to the gorge

Returning from the gorge to the Diciu

Sorry Clive, got distracted by G.O.T. great vids, voyeur cam was cool too. Sam's got a bigger beard than last time i saw him.
It all looks really exciting!

I now realise I've been pronouncing Aura wrong. Saying 'Ora' not 'Ow-ra'…
Great vids, I've only watched the one with the Dutch girls :icon-biggrin: so I need to watch the rest.

Not that sort of video Chas :icon-rolleyes::lol:

I have no idea what you mean Rich? :think:

They were a lively bunch.

Imagine the contrast with Holland, flat as a pancake, they were all enjoying the heights!

Sam's truck is now at the body shop having its rear arches and rear quarters welded, he's hoping to get the gull-wing window aperture welded too, if Dan has time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Note to self... Don't call Germany from mobile phone:angry-screaming:

double. Didn't even think about it. Still cheaper than joining the AA though. I've not got a home phone.

double. Didn't even think about it. Still cheaper than joining the AA though. I've not got a home phone.

The work plan we've got is good, there's 130 phones on it and all calls in Europe are free, including the UK, but excluding Albania and Turkey, the main two places I go to :icon-rolleyes:

It's a monthly fixed fee.... Goodness knows how much though...

I might possibly have CB by holiday time so I won't have to call you up when i get lost, Did i tell ya?

1 month to go!!!

I might possibly have CB by holiday time so I won't have to call you up when i get lost, Did i tell ya?

1 month to go!!!
That's good Nick, we'll be able to chat on the way, five weeks? whoo hoo!

1 month to go!!!

Cool, but me and Shayne are not that lucky with our CBs, maybe you'll bring us some 'good breaker' luck.

That will depend entirely and totally upon another member!

Er, no... it's 10:45 actually, Chas.

Does anyone know what all that nonsense means?

I think I'm going to regret having typed that...
Of course Clive you are far too young :icon-biggrin: to remember 'Highway Patrol' with Broderick Crawford as the cop. Or maybe even 'Convoy'

Last edited:
Back