Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Ok Shayne (Helen) you'll need your bathing suits and hope for a warm day, about 1 hr from our place is a natural Spa.

It's in an area near to the salt mine we went to, and there's a sulphur / salt-rich pool to swim in and the infamous mud.

And the whole place stinks.

I don't see the attraction TBH...:think:

Ok, before I get myself into any trouble here (?) guess I was thinking more this sort of photo Clive
IMG_0131.JPG
but hey…I ain't complainin' :shifty:

I guess it's a sulphurous smell? When we went to Iceland the shower water smelled of sulphur. It wasn't too bad once you got used to it.

Last edited:
I did say be careful what you wish for Rich...

It could have been worse I suppose... :lol:

Lynn does seem to be warming to the idea. I think it's just the thought of the travelling really.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lynn does seem to be warming to the idea. I think it's just the thought of the travelling really.

I am determined to make a plan for the next trip Rich , it is a long haul but i've come to realize that putting the focus on mile munching just makes it more tedious than it has to be .
A fluke find of a very enjoyable campsite on the way up on the last trip had me start out the next day as fresh as a daisy . Up in the morning and a 4 hour drive to dinner is not trying at all , and that leaves us fed and ready for 3 hours drive to a specific destination for some proper beer and bbq r&r .

I did suggest to Lynn that you and Helen could stop over at ours to break your 5 hr journey but I'm not sure whether that would help any. It's about 2 1/2 hrs to Dover from here. Might make for a ferry at about 10-00. Just a thought. It's adding miles for you TBH.

Just don't mention this new readers wives section...
I showed her Nick, she's possibly liking the idea of a Spa day. :)
I would be dead if I posted a photo of her on here though. :whistle:

I did suggest to Lynn that you and Helen could stop over at ours to break your 5 hr journey but I'm not sure whether that would help any. It's about 2 1/2 hrs to Dover from here. Might make for a ferry at about 10-00. Just a thought. It's adding miles for you TBH.

Getting out of the UK is not part of the trip for us but waking up on the other side of the channel so the trip can commence forthwith is i think a great way to start even if i lived in Dover .

4+3 hours is the basic trip plan , the focus should be on a 9am start 4pm finish .

As it is stated that is a ludicrous goal BUT if we arrive too late to pay for camping (they will let us in anyway) we cannot leave until we have paid and we can't usually do that before 9am .

Tea breaks , toilet and fuel stops will easily add 2 hours and likely more , especially if we travel in convoy , to the 7 hour daily drive . So we arrive at a planned destination say 6-8pm giving us at least an hour of daylight to settle in and crack open a few beers .

Helen says she had the same fears as Lynn before our first trip but accepts now it was folly as UK roadside conveniences are virtually non existent by comparison to those on the other side of the channel .

I'm not sure it's solely the P breaks Shayne, but…

It's not decision time for a long while yet Rich and i'm not trying to talk you into it , the above is useful info for anybody who may be interested .

Last edited:
Back