Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

So, we've got Chas, Shayne, Nick and Rich....

I'm sure someone else was interested... ?

Must have a scroll back through the thread...

Good to hear mate , painting a lamedrover will only take a minute surely just lob a bucket of paint over it and turn the wipers on ...... nobody will notice :lol:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

not yet, unfortunately. i think it might be end of the year before we get next years school dates. Is that going to be a problem by way of plans ?

It's no problem for me how late you decide, I'm not going anywhere!

I think it's up to the individuals whether they come as singles or as AP convoy. Personally, there's advantages and disadvantages to both.

This end we have 4 new rooms with en suite facilities. Despite my joke about hot water, we'll be installing a full system in the spring next year, so no worries.

There's also 2 spare rooms in the "old or existing" house which will eventually be extended into the extension, but that's unlikely by August next year. The rooms are ok, but no en-suite facilities.

I recon we'll get everyone in by some means as long as you're not too fussy. We're not Mr & Mrs entertainment, so it's a case of like it or lump it with us :lol:

I always describe our place like camping indoors, I'm sure Chas & Shayne will back me up there :icon-rolleyes:

That's it for now, we do have a bathroom of sorts BTW... :whistle:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I recon we'll get everyone in by some means as long as you're not too fussy. We're not Mr & Mrs entertainment, so it's a case of like it or lump it with us :lol:

I always describe our place like camping indoors, I'm sure Chas & Shayne will back me up there :icon-rolleyes:

Fishing for compliments again are we :icon-rolleyes:

What can i say - home from home sums it up perfectly , and we don't live in a tent :lol:

The house and the photos of it speak for themselves i think so it needs no promotion from me and i'm struggling to define what exactly makes the place so comfortable :think: perhaps its the relaxed manner in which everyone just does their own thing .

We're not Mr & Mrs entertainment, so it's a case of like it or lump it with us :lol:

Hmmm, looks like I may have some explaining to do…:shifty: after watching your Carpathia programmes Clive I fear Mrs SC may be expecting lots of entertainment around the fire while she toasts my bit of pork fat.

:)

Hmmm, looks like I may have some explaining to do…:shifty: after watching your Carpathia programmes Clive I fear Mrs SC may be expecting lots of entertainment around the fire while she toasts my bit of pork fat.

:)
It'll be good to have you along Rich,:romance-grouphug: don't worry about lots of entertainment Clive is the perfect host
party-026.gif
(does that get me brownie points Clive?)
thinking-023.GIF

It'll be good to have you along Rich,:romance-grouphug: don't worry about lots of entertainment Clive is the perfect host party-026.gif (does that get me brownie points Clive?) thinking-023.GIF

Yep, I guess so Chas, you can have a bed... :lol:

Fishing for compliments again are we :icon-rolleyes:

What can i say - home from home sums it up perfectly , and we don't live in a tent :lol:

The house and the photos of it speak for themselves i think so it needs no promotion from me and i'm struggling to define what exactly makes the place so comfortable :think: perhaps its the relaxed manner in which everyone just does their own thing .

No not fishing Shayne, just trying to be honest. I'm always conscious of the state of the kitchen and bathroom.

After the extension is finished, they're both gonna get some treatment...

Yep, I guess so Chas, you can have a bed... :lol:
I was thinking more along the lines of more of that skinless sausage and plum brandy (I think it was plum) but a bed will be most welcome. Last time it was cold on that bathroom floor. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

No not fishing Shayne, just trying to be honest. I'm always conscious of the state of the kitchen and bathroom.

After the extension is finished, they're both gonna get some treatment...

Haha shes getting to ya mate ........... join the club :cry: women the world over want a new kitchen and bathroom and they just won't have it that both remain perfectly functional even if they haven't been redecorated for a few years :icon-rolleyes:

Haha shes getting to ya mate ........... join the club :cry: women the world over want a new kitchen and bathroom and they just won't have it that both remain perfectly functional even if they haven't been redecorated for a few years :icon-rolleyes:

Bless her, the sink isn't attached to anything Shayne, it's just resting on the cabinet, you know, the one that's rotted away at the base :lol:

The drawer front came off in my hand and dumped all the cutlery into the cabinet, so we've used that big mug to hold the knives and forks ever since...

Ho hum, it will all get done eventually, I suppose.

Mmmm. Pork fat.

I'll talk Aura into getting a big joint of pork, and we'll roast it...

with crackling :lol:

We seem to live on chicken these days, so there'll be plenty of pork, chicken drumsticks and mici.

Look it up if you don't know...

I'm going to tell Lynn about you Kitchen Clive. It clearly demonstrates that there's plenty of life in ours yet :) Original 1959. :)

I built a hog roast machine about 20 years ago. You could roast a whole 100 lb pig on it and boy did it taste good. It was ok when propane was £25 a 47kg bottle cos it used nearly a whole one to cook it!! Pretty inefficient but produced lovely meat. Where I used to live was a private estate and we did a hog roast and dance every year. Good times but hard work.

I built a hog roast machine about 20 years ago. You could roast a whole 100 lb pig on it and boy did it taste good. It was ok when propane was £25 a 47kg bottle cos it used nearly a whole one to cook it!! Pretty inefficient but produced lovely meat. Where I used to live was a private estate and we did a hog roast and dance every year. Good times but hard work.

Pig roasts are the best!

Wen a were a lad... as a scout, we'd go to the annual jamboree in Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham, and they always had a pig roast fueled by coke (the anthracite type).

Always in November iirc, bloody cold, and always raining. Fresh crackling so hot we'd burn our mouths. Sweet as a nut.

Back