Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I built these ramps to get underneath with the pressure washer and see what I'm doing, don't be alarmed at the Landrover, another forum member has this but it does have a rather lovely cruiser petrol engine under the hood.
20210613_161155.jpg

Attachments

• 20210613_161207__01.jpg
    20210613_161207__01.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
D and floor it
Still cant get out of thinking and looking after it like a baby. I gave little gas but it didnt climb ramp instantly and as engine sound increased, TRC off light came on dashboard. I thought no no... stop lets not put strain on it and climbed down. I took 3 attempts to switch my mind and remind myself this is not a baby anymore, its 'The beast from the east' :)

I built these ramps
This is good idea though. if we put hose on chasis holes at the front water will clean all the dirt and flow down. Will try using only 2 ramps at front tomorrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I wouldn't get too hung up on matching exact tyre width, still safe enough if you overhang a smidge over either side but helps to have a spotter as you drive up. Raj I run the pressure washer down the chassis legs in one direction and then turn the truck around on the ramps and do the same again, you'll be surprised at how much more you can get out from the opposite direction.

Wow that looks great and like stock steering. I didn’t knew we can do that. My other car steering leather is worn out n thought this is how old car is. learning every day.. everything has a solution

That's neat Jacob - much nicer than the shop bought pull on cover we've got. Did you buy that as a kit? And how long did it take to lace up nicely?!?

Yes, it's a £20 kit from eBay. Search for customsteering. Very good leather and fit but now I wish it covered the spokes as well. Took an hour and a half but very satisfying.

So Jacob would the same kit have let you go the spokes?
No, but I've seen them for other models where the leather goes all the way up and just tucks in between the horn and the spokes. Will try to find some.

Before I break something is this fancy part of the gear lever screwed on or glued on or what ?

I can see it has a bush in the end to lend some flex and I don’t want to melt that while bending the lever
CBE9883B-D253-4417-B1D5-28C9E0323B97.jpeg

Press down and rotate anti-clockwise says the manual

Attachments

• FFA69EA3-53E8-4176-BA57-7626F089F49E.png
    FFA69EA3-53E8-4176-BA57-7626F089F49E.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Back