Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

20140425_171454.jpg

20140425_171510.jpg

Pleased with it and perfect until I decide if fit a full steel bumper or modify a tow bar.
Stock bumper has taken a few knocks so won't last forever.

Need to find some bolts all the same colour or get the paint out lol.
Chris has done a great job, I wasn't happy my welder/welding would be man enough for such thick material.

Bought some bolts...unrelated to Gary.

489f77fb-e2ed-498f-b59f-b5af8b2a6d37.jpg

And got them all sorted.

14785f56-6f58-4dd6-b4a9-a37f35e46e18.jpg

In between the two photos I opened all the boxes up and managed to spill them all on the garage floor :angry-screaming:

Slowly replacing all the rusty ones on the 80 with Stainless as I get the chance.

Fitted a new front exhaust section from Milner today!

I'd say the last time I played with an exhaust it was the 1990's! Now I remember why!!

What I love most about aftermarket (Cheap) parts is the way they never quite match what they are a copy of! Who the F measures them the first day, what do they use, a wooden ruler and a protractor????? Or are the tolerances in the factory measured in cm's not mm's?????

But it did work with a bit of fettling.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You're not in Germany now. Fool suppliers don't prosper there. I bought a drill kit at a B+Q equivalent and the girl at the till opened up the box and read the parts list. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "she does not want you to get to England and be unhappy". I had not even opened my mouth. Top quality intelligence.

Got to hand it to the Germans, I'm in Munich airport just now in a smoking room, it's clean and the air is almost smoke free.

Whether you approve or not, it's unheard of at most airports.

When my hotel door card had to be swiped twice by me before it would lock, a German guest noted what had happened and complained to the manager. I never said anything. When we got back we were called over by reception who had been keeping an eye out for us...........all day. They gave us a new key. On arriving at our room we realised the whole lock had been changed.

Today I have mostly been going..

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming: ***K

And I m not saying anymore than that.

Smooth? SMOOTH? Joe, you having a laugh?

Grrrrrrr.

You know these blokes that can strip an M16 blindfold, well try me on a handbrake. F@&%$£!!! B$££++£&!!!!

OK and breathe ......

Removed both rear sliding windows, stripped window frame and glass out along with both rubbers, a bloody good clean and grease and whilst at it removed the air ducts on the dose cleaned and sealed them, crappy job but I can report not a spot of rust and my windows now slide nicely and no leaks.

Smooth? SMOOTH? Joe, you having a laugh?

Grrrrrrr.

You know these blokes that can strip an M16 blindfold, well try me on a handbrake. F@&%$£!!! B$££++£&!!!!

OK and breathe ......

:lol: Time for some whiskey i think.

Way ahead of you there buddy.

Zzzzzzzz.

Well Frank, it is Spring. And I am fatigued so yes, I suppose so.

Swapped rear, upper control arm bushes this morning. Went without a hitch. Ignoring the off roader. Can't face another day on that.

Playing with bumpers again today.
Swapped seat belts.
Check fuel pick up filter on a truck.
Got to have a look at clocks on my old black one as the milage trip has never worked but the main mileage does.
Tweak the new black one pump to make it actually drive nice rarther than reving it hard.

Wow what a difference new control arm bushes has made. Before when changing gear there was a define shunt in the drive line. Now it smooth and soft. Well worth doing. I guess on a manual they get a harder life. They were completely shot so I would have been surprised if there hadn't been an improvement

Went with proper natural rubber bushes with the steel outer sleeves. Not a massive fan of the poly / plastic type. Might crack on and do the fronts.

Washed the truck today.......for the second time this year! :icon-rolleyes:

Back