Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will a 100 1HZ Series Air Con kit fit 75 series 1HZ

Glen61

Country Flag
australia
My 1997 75 Series Land Cruiser didn't come with an air con nor mounts so its been a bit of a struggle looking for one from wreckers etc for a decent price. I came across a 100 series 1HZ Air Conditioning kit with the brackets and all and was wondering if it'd fit my 75 series or do the 1hzs between the models differ in positioning etc

I wreckon that you'd need the full setup that's on a metal dash 70 cause the evaporator fits between the fan and the heater unit and guessing that you have just the infil section..
The ac setup kit is a premium unless you can find someone who is breaking one..

I am also wondering what would be the possibilities to build-in the AC system to the LC78 (production year 2001) that came without one. Any new kits available, or should I go for a used one (not many in my part of Europe)? Any other ideas?

Gap, you can get from any 7* series with 1HZ . Best you can do is if you find 73 Heavy duty('92-'96). It's indentical under the hood with yours.
You will need the knob on/off as well. You have all other wires .

Last edited:
Gap, you can get from any 7* series with 1HZ . Best you can do is if you find 73 Heavy duty('92-'96). It's indentical under the hood with yours.
You will need the knob on/off as well. You have all other wires .
Just check if it is a 24volt or a 12 volt version. But there are workarounds for that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gap, you can get from any 7* series with 1HZ . Best you can do is if you find 73 Heavy duty('92-'96).
So the good news is that my vehicle already has everything prepared for adding the AC system if I find one. Does this mean that engine water cooler also has a plug for AC water?

And the bad news is that I will hardly find any LC 7x with 1HZ engine - that would be willing to sell used AC components only - across the Balkans and Central Europe. :) Are there also any other options, such as buying Chinese AC kit via Aliexpress, or similar?

Gap, I have been asking around for the exact same thing during the last couple of weeks and I got quotes from 5 dealers, all between EUR 2.000 and EUR 3.500 (excluding VAT and excluding fitment) for a complete new set. Not sure if all these sets use would use only OEM parts though. Finding a (decent) used set seems to be quite difficult in Europe.

Reactions: Gap
I found mine a couple of years ago from a wrecked hzj 78 on 2dehands.be

Back