Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brecht

Country Flag
belgium
I was wondering, did anyone ever bothered with replacing/upgrading the speakers in the car.

Would it be worth it or waste of time? I guess it would make a difference after +21 years. Let me know if you have/haven't!

I replaced the front speakers in the 80, they were long way past their best and the sound is clearer. The ones in my 90 are still like new but it is only 90K miles.

I bought a cheap set of speakers that somebody else on here recommended a few years ago (£20 per pair at the time). The old ones looked fine when I took them out; I had expected them to have rotted out and the new ones didn't sound any better despite having tweeters (the old ones were just single paper cones). I'd say not worth bothering unless you're going for amps and high quality speakers.
20180627_082956469_iOSs.jpg

Yeah, I changed mine for a pair of mid range speakers, and it made the world of difference. I also added speakers to the rear passenger doors, which again made a big difference. Glad I did it.

Yeah, I changed mine for a pair of mid range speakers, and it made the world of difference. I also added speakers to the rear passenger doors, which again made a big difference. Glad I did it.
Yes if I would change my speakere I would replace the ones in the back of my 3-door 90 aswell. Would do the whole set instead of only the 2 in the door.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They were direct replacements for the speakers in the dash on an 80. Mine doesn't have speakers in the front doors.

Oh ok. I guess we have different model 80s. The hunt goes on!
thanks

Back