An Ultra slow Ultra4 build

Ryan Thomson

Supporter
May 15, 2010
North London
Garage
Hey Clive,

it’s been a bit of a mental year as im frantically trying to get the car done in time for the first race next month. Hence the lack of updates on the car or cruiser gear.

But yes, quite a lot has happened. Long story short is I cut the car up and started again from
Scratch. I do a photo dump and provide a better update soon.

Ryan Thomson

Supporter
May 15, 2010
North London
Garage
And this is a snap shot of the progress to date:

Attachments

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Ryan Thomson

Supporter
May 15, 2010
North London
Garage
Reason for cutting up the old one was that I just made too many mistakes and the cab ended up too short and fitting everything in was becoming a nightmare. It was also too wide

So the revised design Has way more space but is and is 0.5m narrower. Turbo is now behind the engine and I’ve moved over to an 8 speed auto out of a bmw 6 series (ZF8HP70).

The new design also has a better suspension setup. 20” rear wheel travel and 16” front. Previous was 14” front and rear.

Also moving to a 40” tyre, which should arrive tomorrow.

currently wiring and busy with body panels, hopefully plumbing next week and be starting her up the week after. 5 weeks until race day, not sure of we’ll make it but giving it a good crack.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks