Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fog lamp question for the m.o.t experts on here .

Fog lights tend to go on in this order:
1) Side lights or dipped
2) Rear fog
3) Front fog

It's unusual to have the fronts independent of the rear circuit, and knowing Toyota they may well have linked the switches - I found that with the rear window and boot interior light in the 4Runner - which may be related to that bulb you found earlier.

On the 4Runner, the tailgate latches opened and closed a circuit for a) closing the rear window and b) turning the interior light on. When the tailgate was closed, the circuit was open (0volts flowing) whilst when it was open 12V flowed... in theory... but as the circuitry was a bit rooted, it wouldn't put 12V through and therefore the interior light wouldn't work, but the rear window wouldn't close either... remove switch from latch and problem solved... until I smash the window that now opens where the tailgate is open. See if you can find a wiring diagram that has the fog lights on and it should show the continuity (1 or 0) for the switch positions.

Ed

Gave up and bought a switch but the light is surprisingly bright for its size so it should pass mot though i won't find out until ebay sends me a seat belt because mines had it :icon-rolleyes:

All 433.JPG
All 434.JPG

Back