Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2011

Jon Wildsmith said:
How about 'how many cones can you get in a landcruiser and still drive it' Ian to go first :lol:
Is this a competition Jon? :lol: , like guess how many sweeties in the jar :think:

Not long to go now, still plenty of spaces left, but need all entries in by next weekend as I need to order the meat by monday 26th, as it is locally produced.

We now have a marquee, great catering facilities, and I a new sheltered campsite. Fire will be going both nights, and I have ordered another dry, warm weekend, :thumbup:

New winching test/demo area, and a few other surprises.

Cheers,

Jon Wildsmith said:
How about 'how many cones can you get in a landcruiser and still drive it' Ian to go first :lol:
My first guess is 77 :lol: Forget the Cruiser though, I'm going to try a Corolla!!

Ian

TonyS said:
Not long to go now, still plenty of spaces left, but need all entries in by next weekend....................
I'm still hoping to be there with Robert, but Fiery is still not well enough :( She's booked in with my local bearded mechanic early next week for a more professional ponder as to what the sound of impending doom may be :| Depending upon this diagnosis I should be in a position to let you know one way or the other by next weekend if me and the boy are coming or not :) Fingers crossed it's something that can be easily dealt with in the time frame :pray:

Hope to see you all soon :thumbup: :D

PS - Still can't get over what you paid for those cones :mrgreen: Do your seats fold down then Ian :lol: :lol:

Ian Rubie said:
My first guess is 77 :lol: Forget the Cruiser though, I'm going to try a Corolla!!
That should be more of a challenge :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'll be calling in at BOAB one of the days next week to pick up some ARB locker spares Chris bought back from Australia for me if anyone who's coming to Lincomb wants to save some P&P :)
Expanding on this a bit, TonyS has persuaded Chris from BOAB to come along with his Pioneer (sp?) camper trailer and a Jet tent and maybe some other things which might be interesting for club members to have a look at. Tony says Chris is also offering a bit of a Lincomb discount if you want to give BOAB a call and mention Lincomb and he'll be able to deliver stuff to Lincomb so makes my offer above a bit redundant :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Ian Rubie":1cx2s8ic]My first guess is 77 :lol: Forget the Cruiser though, I'm going to try a Corolla!!
That should be more of a challenge :lol:[/quote:1cx2s8ic]

Too much of a challenge for me! There is no way you can fit those cones IN a Corolla with the doors shut and enough room for a 6'5" driver.

However I now have a huge pile of cones at home - next problem is to get them to Lincomb!!

Ian

:lol: I hope someone took a photo, that must have been worth seeing, want to borrow a trailer :think:

Ian Rubie said:
However I now have a huge pile of cones at home - next problem is to get them to Lincomb!!
What about a roof rack, or a cone share so all of those travelling up from your neck of the woods take a couple of cones each :?: :)

I'm still uncertain if I will be able to make it as Fiery is still in the hands of my friendly bearded mechanic :|

But I just remembered this thread about airing down viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11714&p=90125

And some talk of an air down competition :mrgreen:

Maybe all airing down from 36 to 18psi checked using a stewards common gauge, using whatever is each persons preferred method, with a time penalty for each 0.1psi that you end up either side of the 18psi. Starting from behind a stick laid parallel the the tyre, say 300mm away, valve cap off ready to go :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sae70 said:
Ian Rubie said:
What about a roof rack, or a cone share so all of those travelling up from your neck of the woods take a couple of cones each :?: :)
I can take a few, but I'm not coming up until Saturday morning.

how/where can i pay online for this event? :?:

i can send a cheque but it might not be there by the weekend, when Tony is ordering the hog meat. :)

ben said:
how/where can i pay online for this event? :?:

i can send a cheque but it might not be there by the weekend, when Tony is ordering the hog meat. :)

be worth sending tony a pm ..... .. leaving this short aren't ya

Pretty sure Tony is working away at the moment and his phone isn't very smart so he may not see forum traffic till the weekend. You could try ringing the number given on the web page - http://www.4x4x7.co.uk/ . I don't think you can do an on-line payment, e.g. paypal, I think you can do a bank transfer using your on-line banking though :)

Emailed you a booking form Jon - I'll sort that Tony chap out with some dosh sometime... :mrgreen:

Gav Peter said:
Emailed you a booking form Jon - I'll sort that Tony chap out with some dosh sometime... :mrgreen:
I've replied to your email Gav but I just add names to the forum list because I can and Tony can't always get at it or edit other peoples posts, you need to send the forms to Tony and when you've been processed either Tony or Becky will get me to add you to the list :)

The Prince family signed up and paid today :thumbup: Looking forward to it - particularly Tony's order for good weather. I'm wondering how he managed to get it so wrong last time :lol:
I believe we're about to have a new member joining the club and registering for the weekend shortly.

I'll wait for Tony to receive the cash before I join the official list :shifty:

Chris your name seems to be missing from the list, are you really goin to miss this one? :shock:

I actually signed up in about 10 seconds. I just haven't paid up front. Nick and I have only just sorted what we are doing and the Misuss has only just made her mind up about coming on the Sunday rather than the Saturday. Tony knows I am coming.

That pig will be mine :p

Chris

Back