Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pro-Speed exhaust

I'm booked in at Pro Speed for a side exit, 3" system from the turbo back next week

The link below is a sketch of what they propose, Charlie there tells me that they fabricate everything & build the boxes etc to suit, I particularly like the idea of the joint to allow the system to be removed easily for gearbox removal etc,

He sounds very helpful on the phone & says that he can mod it as I require.
Apparently what he proposes keeps the pipe & box well up & out of harms way as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AndyWhite28 ... 4181828530

Had my exhaust done yesterday at Pro Speed in Cardiff, a 3" system from the turbo, with side exit.

Very pleased with the job, no noisier than the original (as I requested), very neat job & expertly made & welded.

I have noticed a definate improvement in acceleration and the EGT's are running quite a lot lower.

Charlie & his team there definately take a pride in their work & wouldnt hesitate to reccomend them.

I have deleted the sketch in previous post as Charlie is concerned that (as apparently has happenned before) his idea may be 'pirated' by his competition,
I can PM it to anybody interested & will take some photos at the weekend

It would be surprising- the arrangement outlined is extremely common on lorries and commercials.

Hi Andy, was looking at pics of u car, I notice you've had the underside waxoyled and looks good? Dd u do it or get someone to do it as thinking I need to do the same to preserve the car. Cheers

Steve,

No i didnt do the waxoyl myself, I was going to but then saw this place........

http://www.rustmaster.co.uk

I figured that it was easier to let them get caked in c**p doing it!!!

Its been on there for quite a while now, still ok, it has got a bit 'blasted off in places where the sand is chucked up from the front wheels and literally sandblasts some of the bits on the axle etc

Overall I am happy with what they did & will touch it up myself

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave Burgess said:
Turbos want as little gas resistance as possible so they can spin up quickly. If you have a large diameter behind the turbo it gives a lower pressure area in which to exhaust and that means less resistance means better performance and less lag. :clap:

Another view of looking at exhaust pipe sizes... for a 2.5" pipe size the gas flow speed at the bottom half of the rev range in my opinon will decrease by 20% if you increase the pipe to 3"(20% increase) and if that is the case, then the you will get slower turbo speed / lower boost at the bottom end. If the argument is that the stock pipes are choked by the silences, then I would still say you should get better low down performace with a better breathing S/S silences with a 2.5" pipe rather than a 3". That is, unless you are tunning for performace from the top half of the rev range were more exhaust volume will be pumped through.

someone with access to a 4x4 rolling road could test with a 'before' and 'after' the exhaust mod. this would show any performace ....

Stephen

I got a quote today of £495 for fitted full system in 3" stainless inc VAT

I'd be interested to hear some more debate over the 3" v 2.5" systems though.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that he 3" system is a big improvement.

Any thoughts?

Sorry it was :

A performance turbo back 3” system, with tailpipe & sound of your choice for your Landcruiser will be £489.00 all inclusive of fitting & Vat
At Pro-Speed we quote a price for a complete job with no hidden costs or surprises on your arrival.

:thumbup:

Sorry to bring up an old thread. A few years on, is everyone still happy with their pro speed exhaust? It's time i replaced my rusty pipes!

There's a few online calling themselves prospeed but the one you want is Charlie in Cardiff :thumbup:

Yeah, im off in a couple of weeks and thought i could go make a day of it (exciting life i lead) and was just checking up it was worth the trip. Rather go somewhere recommended. Thanks Shayne.

Drop it off at 9am and collect around 4pm is usual and its guaranteed for the life of your vehicle he will probably lend you a car for the day to , but besides all that he does great work .

Sounds good, now i need suggestions for 7 hours in Cardiff...keep it clean!

I only live a few miles away so you could pop in for a cuppa but I wouldn't have a clue how to kill time in Cardiff to be honest ? get breakfast somewhere , walk around the shops , go to the cinema ??? I've only been here about 13 years :oops:

I may hold you to that, cheers! I've just sent them an email.

I may hold you to that, cheers! I've just sent them an email. OO, you could see what it is about an 80 while im there.

Had mine done by Charlie at prospeed, about 4 years ago, no probs at all & still good.

3" side exit

Andy

Thanks, did you have just one silencer and out behind the rear wheel?

Back