Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pro-Speed exhaust

One silencer, and out in front of the rear wheel, will try and get some pics for you tomorrow if you like

andy

Had mine done by Charlie at prospeed, about 4 years ago, no probs at all & still good. 3" side exit Andy

A quick look back at your earlier post in this thread Andy, puts it at about 15 Jan 2011, 4 years trouble free almost to the day, can't be bad :thumbup:

image.jpgYou can just see it in this pic ( ignore the not too elegant looking wife!!)

Can't remember where I read it recently (on here maybe) someone with similar saying they found tyre pressure increasing due to the heat of the exhaust ???? mine exits out the side behind rear mudflap .

Can't remember where I read it recently (on here maybe) someone with similar saying they found tyre pressure increasing due to the heat of the exhaust ???? mine exits out the side behind rear mudflap .

I think it was Olazz said that Shayne. Charlie at Prospeed exited mine behind the rear wheel, I did want it in front but the sliders were in the way there.

Thanks for all your help chaps. I'll see what he says.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am also due for an exhaust and was about to start a new thread. I currently have a 3" mild steel job without any silencers. It's not loud when driving but it does make it sound like a tank at tickover. I would like an s/s 3" pipe that is tucked up so it can belly out on any part of the chassis without crushing the exhaust.

If it is possible to make tickover quieter without compromising anything else (ie cost!) I would consider that as I leave the house early in the mornings.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines a bit messy at tickover because its chugging away at about 600rpm . I should adjust the throttle cable a little to smooth things out when I remember .

Mines been on for a few years now. No complaints at all. Charlie's service was great. If you speak to him about routing he can do whatever you want really. I have mine tucked up nice and tight, you cant see any of the exhaust unless your under the truck.

Thanks, I'm going on a little day trip to Wales on monday. When i spoke to him he did rather sound like he knew what he was on about, which always helps making decisions.

He followed my instructions to the letter , I just said "make it good" :lol: . You will be asked how loud you want it and my reply to this was "your the expert" and what I ended up with is quite loud I suppose , but and I had to ask the mrs to define this for me "its a very distinctive rumble and a nice noise"

Charlie asked me "How loud?" I said no louder than normal please, what I got is not louder but deeper, going through a tunnel I just have to lower the window to enjoy that beautiful sound.

Sorry Nick I intended to pm you with my phone number and I forgot hope it all went well for you today and your happy with the result ?

No worries, i spent the day sleeping on the sofa out the back (well I am on holiday) I've just got back!

No worries, i spent the day sleeping on the sofa out the back (well I am on holiday) I've just got back!

...and...? :shock:

You just can't do that Nick, leaving us all in suspense...

I'll let you all discuss the pros and cons of side exit vs rear exit and 2.5 vs 3" but ive now got a 3" side exit exhaust
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
Charlie is a top man, very helpful and friendly. The car is now quiet and a completely different beast to drive on the motorway, very happily doing 80 and found myself doing 90 a few times on the way back, without any struggle like it used to. well impressed with the difference!:icon-biggrin:

No i got there at 0830 they turned up at 0900, moved a load of cars out then charlie turned up, gave me the keys to a bmw and said go enjoy yourself, so i went to the cafe round the corner
IMG_4231.JPG
then wondered what to do. Cinema didnt open till 12 so thought i'd grab some kip for a couple of hours and well... i feel quite rested now!

Looks good and if it makes you feel any better I've spent all afternoon outside with numb fingers mucking about with my trailer and wishing I had someone to give me hand :doh:

Back