Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK 80 series manual 24v diesel

yadda yadda yadda. :roll:

C

The prodigal son returns, welcome back Jon, that colour looks good, will be better without the bling! :thumbup:

I missed out on this thread, and then thought it was an april fool! :o

nice one Jon and welcome back to toyota's 1 :clap: :thumbup:
didnt take long!

Welcome back :thumbup:

Did not take long. I am sure you already have a list of things you want to do to it like remove chrome "bullbar", swap side steps for sliders, spare wheel swing out etc....

Will enjoy watching as she is transformed....has she got a name yet?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Like that colour - quite unusual for the UK?

Looks very nice indeed - congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrenpfo said:
has she got a name yet?
The grey one, or MINE :mrgreen:

The bull bar is off, couldn't face driving it any further with that monstrosity on there

[attachment=0:37s1lmz5]IMAG0840.jpg[/attachment:37s1lmz5]
The priority will be to get to know it better to avoid surprises and get the air-con working cos i'm hoping it will be hot in the summer :)

Attachments

• IMAG0840.jpg
    IMAG0840.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 90
Ahh that's better. I had a similar carbuncle on mine when I got it Jon. But on e-buy it fetched over £100!

Looks very neat. Fully sorted and smartened it will look fantastic in standard trim. Even better with my Insa Turbos on. :lol: :lol:

Spotted anything major at all? AC aside that is? I haven't had the pleasure of a newer 80 and was wondering at what sort of age the real deterioration takes place.

Chris

Chris said:
Spotted anything major at all? AC aside that is?
The rear diff pinion is weeping. There may be a leak in the PS pipes at the front, still to identify exactly what's leaking there. There is a small amount of oil on the sump and back to the bottom of the bell housing, still to identify if that's engine rear crank seal or just the sump plug needs nipping up. I've had the sump plug weeping in the past but I'm expecting not have an easy life on that one and have to change the crank seal eventually. torque is a bit lacking low down but that's quite typical for a 24v and will be sorted by pump tweaks and an intercooler. Handbrake could use some adjustment :roll:

Very nice Jon.

Pump tweaks make a huge difference to the 24v, and are really quick to do.

INTERCOOLER????

Let the games begin.

You are so going to wish you'd never told anyone you'd bought an 80 Jon.

C

Engine and gearbox run like clockwork. The gearbox being so smooth is a bit of a surprise and it's not a low miles truck it has 170k on the clock near enough with the huge tow bar suggesting it's been used for towing a lot so probably some hard working miles at that.

Ah just stumbled across this thread after playing catch up after my hols - big congrats, Jon :cool:

Looking forward to meeting the new addition at Lincomb (reminds me I get my Lincomb reg done :think: )

What mods are planned if any? Are you going to upgrade the suspension with a standard height kit to maintain stealth?

Cheers,

The plan at the moment is no suspension changes or bigger tyres, not even AT's (ordered some Toyo HT's for it) been there done that. Storage, fridge all the kinds of things that are useful on family camping holidays may dictate doing something with the suspension but I might get away with some air bags, we'll see. Eventually I might investigate some fancy shockers and custom springs from a local place that makes them once I have a better idea of what variation I need from what's on there now to carry the load but maintain comfort levels. I still don't need a big 4x4 for what I want to do with it I just wanted one :)

Back