Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

An Ultra slow Ultra4 build

Absolutely gutted for you Ryan :rage: - I really hope you manage to recover some of those bits - not sure how common those ECUs are, so should be easy (in theory) to track down. However with Police resources cut to the bare bones, I doubt they will be much help in this situation.

Chin up - this gives you some extra thinking time!

What area are you in Ryan? Might help people that are near by keep an extra vigilant eye out.

I’m with Grant on this, words just fail me.

Gutted comes to mind but more appropriate to what should happen to the perps :icon-cry:

Deeply saddened by this Ryan, lets hope you can recover some of this stuff.

This is so sad to hear, keeping a watchful eye on eBay etc. Too much theft going on of recent. You can’t have ewt these days

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's terrible news. I hope the police don't catch them, but someone else from their circle does and they end up as supports for a motorway flyover. Nowadays, just getting your stuff back is the best you can hope for. Justice is really a long distant memory. So lucky that the chassis wasn't there.

Bit of a bump. Was wondering where this ended up Ryan, did you manage to get back to this?

Bit of a bump. Was wondering where this ended up Ryan, did you manage to get back to this?

Hey Tony,

She's currently sitting in a storage container. I've been keeping my head down with work until I can get back on it. All being well it'll be early next year.

Glad to hear you have not given up on it. :thumbup:

For anyone that remembers this thread, you'll know that I put the car in storage last year August due to a robbery.

Well it's finally time to wheel the build out. Unfortunately not en route to my own workshop, but she is en route to the next best thing. Which is someone else's that's going to finish the build for me. Gutted I can't finish it myself but time constraints and lack of a workshop are just too much of an impediment at the moment.

So, watch this space. This car will be running and racing by Summer.

full.jpg

Thats great news Ryan

Hope you have a great season. Please update with which events and will cheer you along

Really glad to hear that you are up and together on this again. You have put so much thought and careful work into all the details of this project, so it's good to hear it will be finally completed soon. Gonna have to come and watch you compete in it this coming summer. Hope all goes well.

Well this build sure has had some crazy twists and turns and now I’m pretty thrilled to say a very big up.

In a strange turn of events, and just over two years since my workshop was robbed, I now find myself owning 1/3 of a metal fabrication company, and it’s completely as a result of this project.

Long story short, the friend of mine (that I met through this build) helping me on this build had an opportunity to take over the company he worked for. Myself and another good friend, also on this forum, pooled resources and bought the Co with my other mate which came with an established client base and more tools than I know what to do with. Including the likes of a CNC plasma cutter, 10t press brake, mill, lathe and more welders than I can shake a stick at!

So the plan of getting someone else to finish the build for me is scrapped and my car is now in her new home, and the new company workshop in Welwyn Garden City.

8E56CDBB-0871-4A1D-9786-ED05B061B6A8.jpeg

D0593B6D-4BB5-4BA2-B0FA-E4484787C36D.jpeg

I’ve also been accumulating the parts needed to finish this over the last 6 months so there really is no reason I can’t get this finished.

On top of all of this my partners are both 4x4 nuts and we are really keen to break into the making aftermarket accessories so if anyone has anything they want made don’t hesitate to reach out. I have a load of ideas for my 80 and am starting to look at jeep products too for a other good friend.

I’m super pumped to finally be able to get back on this. Off to the Ultra4 Europe King of Britain Race today to co drive and then back on the build.

Updates are coming!

This is great news Ryan, I was disappointed for you having to outsource the build, it was your baby from the onset and there’s something about being able to say “I built this” at the meets.
but anyway, as part of the company, at least you can say “We built this” and get some free advertising into the bargain.

Looking forward to news of the first event...

Press on and best of luck :thumbup:

Just read this from the start. Totally love what you have created so far and can't wait to see it finished. Was gutted to read about the robbery of all your parts, but then so happy about the company you have bought, seems to be turning a corner! All the best with it and look forward to seeing more of the build!

Back