Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitted Fiery's Ironman suspension lift........

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
..........fitted Fiery's Ironman suspension lift yesterday :D In all it took about 3/4 hours with no dramas :D It all just went very well & was quicker & easier to fit IMHO than a Safari snorkel :shock: :D

Here's all of the pics that I managed to take :)

PA210671.jpg

PA210672.jpg

PA210673.jpg

PA210674.jpg

PA210675.jpg

PA210678.jpg

PA210680.jpg

Photo of Fiery before the lift :)
P8080102-1.jpg

Photos of Fiery after the lift :)
PA220682.jpg

PA220683.jpg

PA220684.jpg

PA220687-1.jpg

PA220685.jpg

PA220686-1.jpg

PA220688.jpg

PA220690.jpg

Oh & here's the measurements :) Now bear in mind that these were taken over two seperate days using my block paving as the flat level surface :roll: :D So not to British Standard then :lol:

NSF plus 44mm, OSF plus 58mm, NSR plus 53mm, OSR plus 62mm, centre front plus 52mm & centre rear plus 47mm :thumbup:

Looks as though ignoring block paving errors shes gone up about 50mm all round :D

Looks good for the lift Steven

Just needs some meaty tyres now to finish it off :D

Ecky Thump said:
Looks good for the lift Steven
Thank you :D

Ecky Thump said:
Just needs some meaty tyres now to finish it off :D
Absolutely bang on there Ecky :thumbup:

Will be calling my local tyre fitting centre first thing in the morning to order 5 of 255/85/16 BFG KM2 M/T's :twisted:

bfg20km2203.jpg

Also toying with the idea of a set of 30mm wheel spacers from RoughTrax :think: :)

nice to see some shiney new kit!
looks good - does it drive nicely too?

WOW, that looks great now.

I can't wait to see it with the new BFG KM2's fitted.

And after that, ?.
Well, I think you have just about covered all the relative easy jobs.
Just ride and enjoy it for now.

Graham

Steve. Order those spacers. With the 255s on it will look incredibly skinny. With the lift and no spacers it looks a bit tall an thin even with std tyres. The spacers give it a much better look and improve the turning circle. That looks the mutts nuts. Those tyre look awesome too. I may go that way evenally, but hapy with Cooper STs at present. Now try it all over again without the spring compressor tower.........

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sae70 said:
Photo of Fiery before the lift :)
P8080102-1.jpg

Photos of Fiery after the lift :)
PA220682.jpg

Wow, what an improvement. :clap: Can´t wait how it looks with 255/85s. Well done so far.

AndyCook said:
does it drive nicely?
Sorry I didn't get around to answering you before now Andy :oops: To be truthful I'd only driven it for less than a mile before this morning so couldn't really judge :) But this morning had a good drive over to get the tyres fitted & it was interesting :think: It's now notably more ridged than before but not offensive. The steering feels a lot more precise & positive & the extra height is making me think a lot more about my speed in corners & @ roundabouts :) I'm sure this will wear off though :) ;) Overall it all feels very positive & I’m pleased with the result :thumbup:

AndyCook said:
nice to see some shiney new kit! looks good
Graham said:
WOW, that looks great now
Chris said:
That looks the mutts nuts
KZJ90 said:
Wow, what an improvement. Can´t wait how it looks with 255/85s. Well done so far.
Thank you everyone I'm pleased with how she's comeing along :D

There has to be some sort of photoshop / spot the difference opportunity here. Or a caption contest at least. Acknowledgment to Tony of course as current custodian of LB.

C

Screenshot2010-11-24at142423.jpg

it rains more up Nor' than in Essex?

and block paving has been laid?

Chris said:
There has to be some sort of photoshop / spot the difference opportunity here. Or a caption contest at least. Acknowledgment to Tony of course as current custodian of LB.

C

Screenshot2010-11-24at142423.jpg

Now that is interesting. Out of interest Chris, are the wheels the same on LB as on Fiery? Looks to be more clearence above the wheels on LB, but that may be the body lift?

{Edit} and of course I meant the sizes.... :oops:

Body lift Tony and of course OME suspension rather than Iron Man. LB wasn't load with all the extras then and sat right on the top of its springs. Body lift does add a bit more Grrrr.

Well done to Tony by the way for spotting the ACTUAL difference. The other one of course being the colour. Sheesh, you guys.......

C

Well I can see a few more differences.... LB is cleaner... having said that that's the cleanest I have ever seen LB :lol:

Chris said:
Body lift Tony and of course OME suspension rather than Iron Man. LB wasn't load with all the extras then and sat right on the top of its springs. Body lift does add a bit more Grrrr.
Well done to Tony by the way for spotting the ACTUAL difference. The other one of course being the colour. Sheesh, you guys.......C
AND, the houses in the background have been demolished :lol:

very nice i too fitted mine last weekend but havent taken the after pics yet.
i like your spring compressor i managed without one :shock: mabe that should be my next investment ;) would have saved a bit of grief.

TonyP said:
Looks to be more clearence above the wheels on LB, but that may be the body lift?
Arn't the tyres different sizes :?: :)

sae70 said:
TonyP said:
Looks to be more clearence above the wheels on LB, but that may be the body lift?
Arn't the tyres different sizes :?: :)

They prob are, which is why I asked Chris as I have no idea what's on LB..... :oops:

Back