Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What do you do?

another (accidental) computer geek - software engineer, mainly real time graphics, hours are not bad. My first job was in a commercial vehicle breakers yard on a YTS though :mrgreen: and then for a bit I worked in a back street garage making two write offs into one good un before some bright spark talked me into a computer programming job in a nice warm office :roll: but that was many many moons ago when my age still ended in teen!

Chartered Safety Practitioner currently working for a National High Street retailer.

Chris

I sell lampshades in Woolworths :cool:

Technical Supervisor, overseeing a maintenance contract on a fleet of large mining excavators and electric drive haul trucks.

Final year mechanical engineering student. Been doing that for far too long, 6 years including a year off working for a joinery company doing everything from geeky server/network stuff to delivery driver (except joinery). Beer tokens come from a variety of sources including student loan, banks and girlfriends salary :oops:

Currently looking for an 'graduate' engineering position in the south west, anyone know of a vacancy?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
I'll start: Database Administrator

+1 - another DBA - or "Do Bugger All" as the other guys in the office refer to me! :shock: :lol:

Commission Manager for Siemens scope of suppy.
On these drill ships.
STP80024.jpg

Graham

Battered and Blue said:
Chartered Safety Practitioner currently working for a National High Street retailer.

Chris

Is that a posh name for health and safety officer.

Joe

silvercruiser said:
Battered and Blue said:

Chris

Joe

Hee hee - that'll get him started :lol:

Graham - I assume you'll be looking at on-board fire-suppression now for TransOcean kit, seeing as one's setting the Gulf alight :?

Me - I'm another IT geek - Technical Environment and Configuration Manager for a large Financial Services crew in Edinburgh, busy helping to glue together the various banks and insurance divisions in one large merger ...

Gary Stockton said:
silvercruiser said:
[quote="Battered and Blue":1qraujt7]Chartered Safety Practitioner currently working for a National High Street retailer.

Chris

Joe
[/quote:1qraujt7]

Hee hee - that'll get him started :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
Graham - I assume you'll be looking at on-board fire-suppression now for TransOcean kit, seeing as one's setting the Gulf alight :?

When there is a catastrophic explosion like that, fire sussp. is no good.
Its all to the life boats.
He he he, Well when it sunk yesterday, that kinda' savedthe firemen a job.
Although this set a whole lot of new problems.

Any way, we could do with the order for a new smi sub.rig

Graham

IM A SALES ENGINEER I SELL AND REPAIR PARTS FOR BULLDOZERS AND DIGGERS MOSTLY WELDING WORK ON DIGGER BUCKETS LARGE AND SMALL.BUT I ALSO FIND MYSELF DOING AGRICULTURAL STUFF ALSO [TRACTOR DRIVING AND BUILDING BIG TRAILORS] INFACT ILL WELD JUST ABOUT ANYTHING .

Geologist in oil industry in Aberdeen. Currently job title "technical sales advisor" for a software/consultancy company - demo'ing, mentoring, training and supporting our geological/geophysical interpretation & modeling software with oil operating companys.

Perviously Self employed running a chain of chip shops and latterly a commercial laundry.

now working in my "trained" field as a management accountant for a speciliast electroncis manufacturer (defence, aerospace along with mas data storage devices- typically 500TB and above)

Went to uni with the aim of being a computer geek :geek: , but found I preferred Economics :ugeek:
Now I do financial admin for a cancer research charity. T minus 8 Months and I will be packing this in. :)

Well I just a call offering me a position at a very well know innovative domestic appliance company, so I'm no longer a student, but a Mechanical Engineer. I even skipped the Graduate Mechanical Engineer job title so I am very pleased with myself :mrgreen: This is really great news as I can go to Mongolia and not have to worry about finding a job when I get back.

Back